Welcome to Demonland: Jake Lever

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Might be imagining things, but I seem to recall you having good mail in the past as well, Roost.

Someone tell me I'm right.

My mail is good. Adelaide understand the situation and he's on the way

• Like 13

54 minutes ago, Roost It said:

My mail is good. Adelaide understand the situation and he's on the way

I have heard from a couple of long term crows members that the crows were shocked by how big our offer is, they knew pretty quickly they wouldn't be able to match it. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Gotta wonder if Collingwood regret bringing in Wells and Mayne on $500,000+ multi-year contracts?

:pj:

With Pendlebury earnings potential near the end Collingwood would throw 'Marquis Player' type incentives into the deal.

Lever has a spot on an Adelaide radio show - Eddie can offer him that and offer him TV spots as well.  They would all be legit 3rd party deals.  If young Jake still wants a public profile then that deal would be hard to beat.

On a side note, last week I thought we might be outbid by another Vic club.  Yesterday  @Abe  said the Crows were surprised at the $ we offered Lever.  If he is coming to us for the big $ then Lever can be 'bought'.  North, Coll, StK all have the potential to outbid us with $ to Lever and a trade package to Crows. 

We are better placed to progress than those clubs so there is every reason for him to chose us.  But clearly there are other factors in his decision. 

I just hope we don't pay significant overs - we aren't a destination club if we have to do that.

There is enough noise around to say that Lever is 'playing the trading game' so I'll wait for the announcement with him in a Dees jumper before believing he will be one of us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

With Pendlebury earnings potential near the end Collingwood would throw 'Marquis Player' type incentives into the deal.

Lever has a spot on an Adelaide radio show - Eddie can offer him that and offer him TV spots as well.  They would all be legit 3rd party deals.  If young Jake still wants a public profile then that deal would be hard to beat.

On a side note, last week I thought we might be outbid by another Vic club.  Yesterday  @Abe  said the Crows were surprised at the $ we offered Lever.  If he is coming to us for the big $ then Lever can be 'bought'.  North, Coll, StK all have the potential to outbid us with $ to Lever and a trade package to Crows. 

We are better placed to progress than those clubs so there is every reason for him to chose us.  But clearly there are other factors in his decision. 

I just hope we don't pay significant overs - we aren't a destination club if we have to do that.

There is enough noise around to say that Lever is 'playing the trading game' so I'll wait for the announcement with him in a Dees jumper before believing he will be one of us.

You make some valid points, how ever there is also one thing that has come into play and not that long ago, and that is Buckley's foot and mouth, he did not do any favours to both him self or his club by public humiliating one of his players, and what made it even worse Mayne's father not liking what he had to say as well. It could not have come at the wrong time of the year as well when the trade and draft periods are just about to start as well. Even one reporter said it might be best to keep Buckley a way from public speaking gigs over the next few weeks.

So if Lever is only wanting money and wanting to put up with Eddie/Buckley and not playing finals for quite a while then go right a head. I know if my son was wanting to come back to Victoria and he had the option of choosing where to play i would be saying to him no money is worth playing under Eddie and Buckley circus.

57 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The one thing we have over Adelaide in this is that we are not based in Adelaide.

That's remarkably insightful. Such clarity Ron. Nice work ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deebug said:

You make some valid points, how ever there is also one thing that has come into play and not that long ago, and that is Buckley's foot and mouth, he did not do any favours to both him self or his club by public humiliating one of his players, and what made it even worse Mayne's father not liking what he had to say as well. It could not have come at the wrong time of the year as well when the trade and draft periods are just about to start as well. Even one reporter said it might be best to keep Buckley a way from public speaking gigs over the next few weeks.

So if Lever is only wanting money and wanting to put up with Eddie/Buckley and not playing finals for quite a while then go right a head. I know if my son was wanting to come back to Victoria and he had the option of choosing where to play i would be saying to him no money is worth playing under Eddie and Buckley circus.

I didn't mean to say he 'only wants money' more that he may be 'bought' (ie attracted) by the best package - he has said:  “It is not just about team success. And it is not just about money. It’s not just about your family. It is a combination of three or four things...“For me, when I make my decision, it is going to be about a whole range of things I need to think about.”

So in addition to 'team success', 'money' and 'family' what are the other things. He is touted as a future Crows captain, so lets add 'club captain.  He has a guest spot on Adelaide radio so perhaps 'public profile' can be added especially if future career ambitions are media related.  And Premiership medal would certainly be on his list. 

If he wants finals he should stay with Adelaide.  If he wants money any number of Vic clubs can give him that.  A number of clubs can offer him captaincy (Carlton, Hawks, Pies, StK).  Fewer clubs can offer him a public profile.

I really hope we get him but I 'm trying not to get my hopes until the deal is done as he wouldn't be the first player in recent years (think Clarke, Tippett, Buddy) to do a list minute about face to a verbal deal, which at best is all mfc have right now.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

On 9/9/2017 at 11:45 PM, Demon77 said:

I'm shattered now, just read the Crows club board on big footy and someone posted that Lever was showing off his new toy on twitter.

A coffee machine.

Big commitment, can't see him coming now.

Obviously going into partnership with Max.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I didn't mean to say he 'only wants money' more that he may be 'bought' (ie attracted) by the best package - he has said:  “It is not just about team success. And it is not just about money. It’s not just about your family. It is a combination of three or four things...“For me, when I make my decision, it is going to be about a whole range of things I need to think about.”

So in addition to 'team success', 'money' and 'family' what are the other things. He is touted as a future Crows captain, so lets add 'club captain.  He has a guest spot on Adelaide radio so perhaps 'public profile' can be added especially if future career ambitions are media related.  And Premiership medal would certainly be on his list. 

If he wants finals he should stay with Adelaide.  If he wants money any number of Vic clubs can give him that.  A number of clubs can offer him captaincy (Carlton, Hawks, Pies, StK).  Fewer clubs can offer him a public profile.

I really hope we get him but I 'm trying not to get my hopes until the deal is done as he wouldn't be the first player in recent years (think Clarke, Tippett, Buddy) to do a list minute about face to a verbal deal, which at best is all mfc have right now.

It could be about his girlfriend too, she is a school teacher I think, could we have said we could land her a job at a pretty lucrative school who knows, would we have that sort of pulling power 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brendan said:

It could be about his girlfriend too, she is a school teacher I think, could we have said we could land her a job at a pretty lucrative school who knows, would we have that sort of pulling power 

Dave Misson's wife is the principal of Melbourne Girls Grammar.....:cool:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Blah blah blah, that's a lot of words to say nothing. He's coming, rest assured 

• Like 12