The OX slams 'crap' Demons.

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

He wasn't wrong at the time

Far from it

On 07/08/2016 at 2:43 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Not at the time he wasn't

the club and players deserved a bake and got it

I think he was wrong when he said this:

“It probably says where we’re at [the loss to the Saints], and it’s disappointing,” Schwarz said.

“I think Melbourne people thought they’d be a lot better than what they are and they’re clearly not.

This season we're about where we expected, and I said that before and after the St Kilda game.

That said, I'm sure that plenty of people who thought the sky was falling after the Saints loss are now dreaming about premierships after the win over the Hawks.

The reality is somewhere in between the two.

51 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I think he was wrong when he said this:

This season we're about where we expected, and I said that before and after the St Kilda game.

That said, I'm sure that plenty of people who thought the sky was falling after the Saints loss are now dreaming about premierships after the win over the Hawks.

The reality is somewhere in between the two.

You think The Ox was wrong

I think he was right. Too often this club has been silent and withdrawn after a bad loss

the Ox aimed it straight at the players which was the right place. 

i heard the ox on sen on sunday morning and he was going on about how good the dees were.. definitely an over the top kinda commentator. he gets paid to be bombastic, not to analyse footy too intensely. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You think The Ox was wrong

I think he was right. Too often this club has been silent and withdrawn after a bad loss

the Ox aimed it straight at the players which was the right place. 

I think you and the Ox were wrong...

Have a go at the performance on the day but don't think the sky is falling. Ox started going on about a whole lot of irrelevant stuff to do with recruiting, we all know that the previous admin stuffed up. I think our current recruiting has been pretty good.

We are on the path to a serious rebuild, I think we have it right so far. It means we will have good and bad days...

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, rjay said:

I think you and the Ox were wrong...

Have a go at the performance on the day but don't think the sky is falling. Ox started going on about a whole lot of irrelevant stuff to do with recruiting, we all know that the previous admin stuffed up. I think our current recruiting has been pretty good.

We are on the path to a serious rebuild, I think we have it right so far. It means we will have good and bad days...

Sure. But those players have got to have the right mindset every matchday. The club has got to have the right mindset

and that is where The Ox was coming from. It was an important game and the players were not mentally prepared. 

anyway it's my opinion. If we win the last 3 no one will remember the spray

So....What happens when we get a 40 point flogging by Port this week?

Was Ox right or wrong?

We are a very young side and will be prone to great games like against Hawthorn and absolute shockers like against Gold Coast and St Kilda.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

Was Ox right or wrong?

We are a very young side and will be prone to great games like against Hawthorn and absolute shockers like against Gold Coast and St Kilda.

Wait and see what he says....

8 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

Was Ox right or wrong?

Boss Dog great comment, one win doesn't define a season, nor does one loss.  That is the next step to win a string of games 3,4,5,6 wins in a row.  Our losses to St Kilda, Port and Essendon really showed that we still are fragile and we just need to eliminate these games.

Ox was right, this season has been a rollercoaster some very good highs but still a number of games that we can not accept if we want to take the next step

3 hours ago, Bossdog said:

Was Ox right or wrong?

Yep

After the Saints loss and the Ox's comments I felt that unless we got a big breakthrough win the improvement this year wouldn't be huge. That we got the win against the Hawks for me definitely shows the improvement and the direction we're going. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drdrake said:

Boss Dog great comment, one win doesn't define a season, nor does one loss.  That is the next step to win a string of games 3,4,5,6 wins in a row.  Our losses to St Kilda, Port and Essendon really showed that we still are fragile and we just need to eliminate these games.

Ox was right, this season has been a rollercoaster some very good highs but still a number of games that we can not accept if we want to take the next step

Doc, I see your point, and I sort of agree with you.

But I think that this win DOES define our season, like switching on a light. It showed that we have finally reached a level of performance that is capable of beating a top team at the height of their powers. Without that win, we still wouldn't have beaten any team above us (I don't count our GWS win, they weren't a top side when we beat them, they've improved out of sight since then), or had any win that was significant.

But now we've shown the footy world what we can actually do. It's no longer just "potential". That one win makes me satisfied with our improvement this year

Of course, the next hurdle is to hit that level of performance week in week out - our ceiling becomes our floor, as it were. That we might have to leave until next year, unless we win all our remaining games as convincingly as we won the last one.

• Like 1

Thanks Akum you have summed up the importance of this game, I agree it has defined our season and set the bar for the future. You just had to listen to Roo's, Jones and Watts they all shared that same feeling, well done - GO DEE's!!

• Like 1

It's certainly set the bar, but make no mistake, that bar is not 100% invincible. Even if we bring this effort and kamikaze pressure: We'll also need a PLAN B for when this extremely fast paced string of possession as well as forward press zone does not work. Will come from experience, but we should know how to LOCK down teams and congest. Learn how to control the tempo of the game and keep possession in a skillful manner. How to capitalise on scoring quick goals in succession in a break in a game when when it's not on our terms. Much to learn obviously.

Edited by johndemons

23 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Sure. But those players have got to have the right mindset every matchday. The club has got to have the right mindset

and that is where The Ox was coming from. It was an important game and the players were not mentally prepared. 

anyway it's my opinion. If we win the last 3 no one will remember the spray

I'm sorry WYL, but young teams are known for being inconsistent and it's foolish to expect them to have the right mindset every match. You hope for it, but it's never assured. It's why I'm not entertaining the thought of wins in our three remaining games. I think we'll get one, possibly two, but most unlikely that we win all three.

• Like 1

The trouble is Adam 

MFC has had this lack of consistency for a very long time

We lose too easily against weak competition tells me that the teams over the journey haven't taken it seriously and havent' been playing for the jumper

I am hopeful that will have changed and we bring our A grade aggressive commited footy to the Port game 

This is a test of the teams desire IMO

Win or lose we must be committed and competItive. There are no excuses this weekend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

I'm sorry WYL, but young teams are known for being inconsistent and it's foolish to expect them to have the right mindset every match. You hope for it, but it's never assured. It's why I'm not entertaining the thought of wins in our three remaining games. I think we'll get one, possibly two, but most unlikely that we win all three.

No Adam. MFC teams have been in consistent as long as i have supported this club and it has got to stop. 

If the players turn up committed to do the job on saturday against Port well then i will start to believe real change is beginning. 

I'm sorry. I get as frustrated as you guys, but if you think inconsistency in the youngest team in the competition is inexcusable then I can't help you. GWS could pinch a flag as early as this year. They have all the talent in the world, but have never made finals. How do you explain that lest experience?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No Adam. MFC teams have been in consistent as long as i have supported this club and it has got to stop. 

If the players turn up committed to do the job on saturday against Port well then i will start to believe real change is beginning. 

Agree, if not for the next 3 weeks, it has to happen in 2017 when we start to string 3,4,5,6 wins in a row. I still think one of boxes we need to tick off is win 3 straight that is the next challenge, I can't remember the last time we won 3 straight