• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Michael Hibberd and Michael Hurley

P-man

5 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Incorrect.

He said what I said he said and he ALSO said that he was no longer as sure that they'd stay AND that Essendon would want a trade of comparable value. 

It's incredible what people "think" they hear. 

Footy speak for, "they're gone", but we all know what "a trade of comparable value" means to dodo the belligerent.

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

Incorrect.

He said what I said he said and he ALSO said that he was no longer as sure that they'd stay AND that Essendon would want a trade of comparable value. 

It's incredible what people "think" they hear. 

I was pulling the [censored]

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

I think it was Lloyd who has said they'd want Rance or Dustin Martin equivalent player. 

I think we don't need Hurley if we have to give away a very good player like Tyson. After this weeks performance i'm convinced its about effort and confidence, and another year will naturally develop our young defenders. I really hope this club backs up this performance. They can't rely on one big win a year. TMac either re-signs or we use him for Hurley. That's all we can offer imo.

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 1

I read somewhere EFC expect to hear in next few weeks which of the (remaining) 12 will stay.  So an interesting article http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matthew-lloyd-says-essendon-would-want-alex-rance-type-for-michael-hurley-20160808-gqo41b.html  Sounds like Lloyd and Watson are preparing the footy world for Hurley leaving:

Lloyd: "If he is to leave, Essendon don't want any draft picks..."Essendon want a player of his quality (from) across the competition... "Alex Rance is one. I know he won't leave Richmond, but that's the type of player that Essendon will be going to the death hour of trade period to get...."

Watson:  Melbourne key defender Tom McDonald could fit the criteria.

But given Essendon pleaded guilty earlier this year to WorkSafe breaches relating to their ill-fated supplement program, Hurley may have legal grounds to exit his contract if he wanted to.  Watson agreed it would be an ugly situation if it got to that:  "I don't think anyone wants to push it to that, I don't think Essendon wants to push it to that with a player,"

Its going to be a long draft period! 

I'm confident Tom will sign but that he is being talked about as part of a mega deal makes me feel ill.  We will get shafted and end up with someone's second round pick, Hibberd and steak knives and another club gets Hurley! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I read somewhere EFC expect to hear in next few weeks which of the (remaining) 12 will stay.  So an interesting article http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matthew-lloyd-says-essendon-would-want-alex-rance-type-for-michael-hurley-20160808-gqo41b.html  Sounds like Lloyd and Watson are preparing the footy world for Hurley leaving:

Lloyd: "If he is to leave, Essendon don't want any draft picks..."Essendon want a player of his quality (from) across the competition... "Alex Rance is one. I know he won't leave Richmond, but that's the type of player that Essendon will be going to the death hour of trade period to get...."

Watson:  Melbourne key defender Tom McDonald could fit the criteria.

But given Essendon pleaded guilty earlier this year to WorkSafe breaches relating to their ill-fated supplement program, Hurley may have legal grounds to exit his contract if he wanted to.  Watson agreed it would be an ugly situation if it got to that:  "I don't think anyone wants to push it to that, I don't think Essendon wants to push it to that with a player,"

Its going to be a long draft period! 

I'm confident Tom will sign but that he is being talked about as part of a mega deal makes me feel ill.  We will get shafted and end up with someone's second round pick, Hibberd and steak knives and another club gets Hurley! 

So the Bombers get the players that return, compensation via trades for those who choose to leave, and have pick 1 in the ND.

I'd be very disappointed if they didn't get a raw deal somewhere along the line... One shitful season due to the loss of players due to the program isn't enough. One or more of the remaining players needs to demand his contract be srewed up. If others want a trade (Hibberd), offer them SFA in return. What can they do other than eventually accept it?

• Like 4

Watson and Lloyd are deluded if that's what they reckon they'll get.  As if they're going to get Rance or McDonald, or any player of that ilk.  Clubs want Hurley to add to their existing defences.  If they had to give up their existing best KPD in order to get him, it doesn't become a significant bolstering, it becomes a minor upgrade.  

We, nor Richmond, nor anyone else, would be interest in cushioning Essendon's blow of Hurley leaving.

• Like 11

Essendon don't have a leg to stand on, they need to realise if they push it club will use the get out free clause and leave them with nothing.

i can't see any way we would give up a regular best 22 player for a bloke who's been out of the game for 12 months.

our second rounder is more than enough. 

32 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Watson and Lloyd are deluded if that's what they reckon they'll get.  As if they're going to get Rance or McDonald, or any player of that ilk.  Clubs want Hurley to add to their existing defences.  If they had to give up their existing best KPD in order to get him, it doesn't become a significant bolstering, it becomes a minor upgrade.  

We, nor Richmond, nor anyone else, would be interest in cushioning Essendon's blow of Hurley leaving.

Agree 100%

Remind me what Geelong "lost" to get Dangerfield

On 8/9/2016 at 2:43 PM, Nasher said:

Yup, 100% agree, they can have our 2017 first rounder and a pick of a group of fringe players and should be happy to get anything at all.

13 minutes ago, Abe said:

Yup, 100% agree, they can have our 2017 first rounder and a pick of a group of fringe players and should be happy to get anything at all.

give'em steak knives and tell them they are lucky to get anything after their player treatment

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaberFang said:

There's no doubt in my mind the Dogs are the closest, when fit, to challenging GWS in the years to come. Followed closely by us once the young brigade have 30+ games under their belt, so 2018.

There's a question mark with me for the Saints. I was fuming when we lost to them a few weeks ago, but of their 10 wins, 4 were against us or the basketcase Bombers. Their percentage is considerably worse than ours which tells the tale. Also look at the age profile of both teams and you'll see which team is destined for sustained success.

I wouldn't want to play at Etihad too much. such high wear and tear and so tough on knees . Witnessed many nasty injuries there. Biased me would go with the Dees who are the real deal and play at the G

• Like 1

The only player Essendon may possibly lose to another club is Hibberd. Stanton and Howlett close to re-signing/re-committing. Pears to go to the MFB as a fireman. Watson still in limbo but obviously won't be at any other club if he does want to play on. That leaves Hurley and Hibberd. Hurley is staying. Personally I think Hibberd will stay, but that is purely in Essendon's hands. If they don't want to match the money/years he is demanding he will leave.

4 hours ago, Nasher said:

The FACT again is that Essendon the Club got themselves into this situation in the first place. Other clubs are morally entitled to take these players away from this cesspool of an environment for their own good and it should be being welcomed by the AFL (seventeen other clubs) ASAP.

7 minutes ago, braysure said:

The only player Essendon may possibly lose to another club is Hibberd. Stanton and Howlett close to re-signing/re-committing. Pears to go to the MFB as a fireman. Watson still in limbo but obviously won't be at any other club if he does want to play on. That leaves Hurley and Hibberd. Hurley is staying. Personally I think Hibberd will stay, but that is purely in Essendon's hands. If they don't want to match the money/years he is demanding he will leave.

Stop pretending you know what Hurley's plans are, only those closest to him would know. Hibberd staying is purely in Eseendons hands???...lol...you know jack

• Like 7

Just now, DavidNeitz9 said:

Stop pretending you know what Hurley's plans are, only those closest to him would know. Hibberd staying is purely in Eseendons hands???...lol...you know jack

Lets wait and see hey..

And yes, Hibberd basically is in Essendon's hands. He wants to play for essendon but has asked for a certain deal. If Essendon don't see it as a good deal for them they can say no and no doubt another club(us) will match Hibberd's request.

Edited by braysure

2 minutes ago, braysure said:

Lets wait and see hey..

And yes, Hibberd basically is in Essendon's hands. He wants to play for essendon but has asked for a certain deal. If Essendon don't see it as a good deal for them they can say no and no doubt another club(us) will match Hibberd's request.

Hibberds going because Essendon wont give him more money, yeah sure, more likely because he wants to leave a club that treated him like a guinea pig and injected him with shite they have no records for. I would want to leave as well

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, braysure said:

Lets wait and see hey..

5 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

Hibberds going because Essendon wont give him more money, yeah sure, more likely because he wants to leave a club that treated him like a guinea pig and injected him with shite they have no records for. I would want to leave as well

Our essedon supporting interloper, if correct, is simply telling us that the bloke was complicit in the drug cheating program, and is simply seeking more money.

If essensure is correct, I say [censored] Hibberd, and pursue someone else not simply looking to use the Dees for an easy payday.

I was filthy when we wasted a decent pick on a bloke who was about to be suspended for drug cheating. I will seriously lose my shitt, if Goodwin throws away a good pick, for a drug cheat looking for a retirement fund.

• Like 2

Just now, The Reverend said:

TV news tonight had a clip of Worsfold complaining about a report that Hurley has already done a deal with the dogs. Says it's illegal and he'll be asking the AFL to investigate... 

Brilliant if true.

Eat a bucket of doodles essenscum.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Hang on... are we still pretending that 'Braysure' is a Melbourne supporter??

The most obviously transparent Essendon fanboy on the interwebs.

Some of us called him out after his first couple of posts.

Maybe sanityprevails has a new internet provider?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

Brilliant if true.

Eat a bucket of doodles essenscum.

I hope they lose a couple of players over what the club did, if he's going to the Dogs i hope he walks to them for no cost, if thahat happens essendon fans will then be cliaiming he walked for money, not anything the club did, the deluded lot need a reality check

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

I hope they lose a couple of players over what the club did, if he's going to the Dogs i hope he walks to them for no cost, if thahat happens essendon fans will then be cliaiming he walked for money, not anything the club did, the deluded lot need a reality check

They needed to see their filthy stinking drug cheat cesspit of a club disbanded forever.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Breggsy said:

Can't stand that [censored]. 

When the hibberd news came out that he wanted to leave Watson said he wasn't even sure hibberd was in their best 22 but then went on to say he was worth a first rounder a few sentences later 

Essendon r crap 2 trade with. They will want far 2 much & delay till the end