Changes vs Pies (Queens Birthday)

What

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Plenty on this site know that I know Footy!! 

So I'll weigh in and say that Dawes is vital to our structures and his presence is very meaningful to our Psyche!

He WILL play Q B and play very well! 

Conditions didn't suit but liked his continued effort!

As I said I Know FOOTY!!

FIGJAM

9 hours ago, old dee said:

I have been on about him for three years rjay.

yes we got him when no one else would come.

but let's not forget we out bid the Dogs and paid over the odds.

He has been an average player when he has been on the field.

He has played less than 30% of the available games since joining.

Value for money? Terrible.

The guy is a forward who cannot mark over head and a pinch hit ruckman who does want to pinch hit.

Buggered if I can see his worth.

Came to the club that had a terrible list

Came to the club that was bereft in the coaching department

Articulated what needed to be done and brought many youngsters along

Gathered critical mass buy in around standards, expectations and positive psychology

But, you keep at it....

• Like 3

Jumbo. Chris has been a decent servant of this new club . Very soon his capacity to warrant selection will be usurped by another more capable . I neither disregard this effort nor his ceiling.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Jumbo. Chris has been a decent servant of this new club . Very soon his capacity to warrant selection will be usurped by another more capable . I neither disregard this effort nor his ceiling.

CD is the perfect foil for JH and JW....

And...on his marking? What about some decent effen ball delivery?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Gathered critical mass buy in around standards, expectations and positive psychology

But, you keep at it....

As do you

1 minute ago, jumbo returns said:

CD is the perfect foil for JH and JW....

And...on his marking? What about some decent effen ball delivery?

Now you are sounding desperate jr.

He consistently drops sitters.

11 hours ago, old dee said:

I have been on about him for three years rjay.

yes we got him when no one else would come.

but let's not forget we out bid the Dogs and paid over the odds.

He has been an average player when he has been on the field.

He has played less than 30% of the available games since joining.

Value for money? Terrible.

The guy is a forward who cannot mark over head and a pinch hit ruckman who does want to pinch hit.

Buggered if I can see his worth.

OD we have been over this ground before. You should stop bleating about the money. We had to pay it to someone. Who else would you have paid it to? Lucas Cook? We had to pay to get someone with a big body to the club. I am not a big Dawes fan but he has provided strong contests when he has played and he has lifted training standards etc etc,

Sure he has been injured a lot but he plays his heart out every time he plays and if others did the same we would be a much better club.

Today is different. We have players wanting to come to Melbourne to play for the club. In the dark days we didn't.

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

OD we have been over this ground before. You should stop bleating about the money. We had to pay it to someone. Who else would you have paid it to? Lucas Cook? We had to pay to get someone with a big body to the club. I am not a big Dawes fan but he has provided strong contests when he has played and he has lifted training standards etc etc,

Sure he has been injured a lot but he plays his heart out every time he plays and if others did the same we would be a much better club.

Today is different. We have players wanting to come to Melbourne to play for the club. In the dark days we didn't.

jnr you keep on about the money. I raised it because rjay was saying he came to us when no one else would.

I raised it because it was the chief reason he came. The dogs were after to him but we paid over the odds to get him.

lets not paint him as some kind of saint who came to the MFC to help us out. The help he provided is the result of joining us.

I have never said he does not try his best.

My opinion is simple he is a average player who will contribute little for the remainder of his contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

But, you keep at it....

I think you have the first 2 right 'jumbo'...

I wouldn't have thought standards or buy in happened in his first few years if you follow our results.

It wasn't until PJ came along and brought in Roos and his FD that the other stuff happened, it had little if anything to do with Dawes.

1 hour ago, old dee said:

jnr you keep on about the money. I raised it because rjay was saying he came to us when no one else would.

I raised it because it was the chief reason he came. The dogs were after to him but we paid over the odds to get him.

lets not paint him as some kind of saint who came to the MFC to help us out. The help he provided is the result of joining us.

My opinion is simple he is a average player who will contribute little for the remainder of his contract.

Got the wrong person here 'old dee', I think you misread my earlier post.

I was only interested in what Dawes fans think he brought to the club, they haven't convinced me yet. I think he was another of Neeld's follies.

On 6/5/2016 at 2:10 PM, Ethan Tremblay said:

It sounds like I'd be doing my new workplace a disservice if I were to work on QB. 

Ive seen it happen

of course you can also show some of the requirements that the players will need

Work hard, concentrate on the task for the full period, respond appropriately to the intensity, enjoy the moment.

You know how it goes, youve been supporting the Dees long enough to know how to cope with disappointment.

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

I think you have the first 2 right 'jumbo'...

I wouldn't have thought standards or buy in happened in his first few years if you follow our results.

It wasn't until PJ came along and brought in Roos and his FD that the other stuff happened, it had little if anything to do with Dawes.

Got the wrong person here 'old dee', I think you misread my earlier post.

I was only interested in what Dawes fans think he brought to the club, they haven't convinced me yet. I think he was another of Neeld's follies.

Sorry rjay it was jr. My error.

14 hours ago, picket fence said:

Plenty on this site know that I know Footy!! 

So I'll weigh in and say that Dawes is vital to our structures and his presence is very meaningful to our Psyche!

He WILL play Q B and play very well! 

Conditions didn't suit but liked his continued effort!

As I said I Know FOOTY!!

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet to make people not want to listen to you... that aside i think Dawes' role is vital to our structures not dawes himself. Comparitivly Gawn himself is vital because nobody can fill that void. Dawes execution of it in the past has been poor, thus i think Perderson is a better option to play that role for the time being. Ill give Dawes a pass cos of the conditions but he needs to lift monday to warent a cemented position in the side

2 hours ago, old dee said:

I think he is right on the first bolded point. There weren't players lining up to come. And if it was for money, so be it. We would otherwise have paid it to some of the players that are no longer with us.....

As for the second bolded point, its your opinion; I don't agree with it but get why hold it. :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I think he is right on the first bolded point. There weren't players lining up to come. And if it was for money, so be it. We would otherwise have paid it to some of the players that are no longer with us.....

As for the second bolded point, its your opinion; I don't agree with it but get why hold it. :)

As with most things jnr it is opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

hqdefault.jpg

Not that the money's important....

Can someone please advise what's the best reserved seating area at the ground.

Thanks