Hogan & Watts

Allen Jakovich

Absolutely loving this partnership.  I think they are too.  They seem to be somewhat interchangeable too - both are capable of playing up the ground delivering to the other, or playing deep forward.  

Keep it up boys!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Sign Watts up and dont stuff this one up Dees!

Its a great combo to watch!

Could this be the Lyon Schwarz combo of 1994??

I like Hogan, Weideman, Watts being our new Neitz, Schwartz, Lyon. Now that would be something...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dees2014 said:

I like Hogan, Weideman, Watts being our new Neitz, Schwartz, Lyon. Now that would be something...

Hogan, Weed, Watts, Petracca

Schwarz, Neitz, Lyon, Jakovich

Go Dees

• Like 2

As a longtime fan/defender of Watts, how pleasing it is to encounter a thread full of posts calling for the retention of Jack rather than calling on the FD to trade/delist him.

My admiration for those posters who man enough to admit they got it wrong.

Good times ahead for the Dees. Get your money on before the odds blow out. Prediction is that for the first time, the Dees will have multiple listings at year's end when they list the top fifty players and/or the All-Australian team. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ILLDieADemon said:

If I was Daws I would be worried about being delisted next year. 

When does his contract end?

10 hours ago, picket fence said:

Yeah but he still has a bit to offer I think! I reakon we always look berter with him in the side!

10 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

Rumours of Dawes' demise have been grossly exaggerated. If he's fully fit, he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

9 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

6 goals, 35 disposals and 17 marks between them.  Add to that the 39 disposals, 3 goals and 10 marks from Pedersen and Frost and the tall forwards are looking very nice today. 

I think what is running against Dawes is his chronic / recurring injuries making him an unreliable option when others are steaming ahead.

No doubt if his ongoing fitness and availability were a bit more certain he would be secure for a few more years, but other than the fantastic support, encouragement and guidance he by all accounts offers the young tall forwards at training he is actually a passenger on the list.  It will be interesting come list naming time, especially if numbers and salary cap are very tight 

Any chance of some sort of assistant coaching / formal mentoring rôle?

1 hour ago, CBDees said:

As a longtime fan/defender of Watts, how pleasing it is to encounter a thread full of posts calling for the retention of Jack rather than calling on the FD to trade/delist him.

My admiration for those posters who man enough to admit they got it wrong.

Good times ahead for the Dees. Get your money on before the odds blow out. Prediction is that for the first time, the Dees will have multiple listings at year's end when they list the top fifty players and/or the All-Australian team. 

Got what wrong? He was a liability for a good number of years because of his his lack of appetite for a contest. It's fantastic that he has finally added a physical dimension to his great skills. 

Seriously, pionkers like you who say 'oh, I've always been a fan, Anyone who he has criticised him in the past blah blah blah' annoy the living daylights out of me. He did start in 2009 you know. It's his 8th year on the list. He was dropped for the last game in 2015 you know - not because he was shooting the lights out.

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Got what wrong? He was a liability for a good number of years because of his his lack of appetite for a contest. It's fantastic that he has finally added a physical dimension to his great skills. 

Seriously, pionkers like you who say 'oh, I've always been a fan, Anyone who he has criticised him in the past blah blah blah' annoy the living daylights out of me. He did start in 2009 you know. It's his 8th year on the list. He was dropped for the last game in 2015 you know - not because he was shooting the lights out.

Got it wrong related to consistent calls for either trading or delisting him. 

• Like 2

I got it wrong.

I didnt think Jack would come good. Im very happy the wait was worth it. Id be gnashing my teeth if JW had been traded and this form was being enjoyed by another team.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I've gotten stuck into Watts over the years as many on here would know. His game is now complete, on top of elite disposal and his reading of the play he now attacks the contest. If not for the dropped chest mark he would of had 5. I'm genuinely bloody pumped for him. 

Me too and I hope he can keep it up for the year to put the doubts to rest once and for all. I thought he was done for but it looks like he may be coming good and I couldn't be happier.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Within Juniors tantrum lies the salient point. We are all loving v.2016 Jack Watts and so glad he is still with us.  But he is still in debit as far as many are concerned over his career. Previous criticism has been warranted as is the current praise.  It was not wrong and we need not apologise. If he continues this phase as long as he did his previous then we will be very pleased indeed and more likely to be a successful football team. 

14 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

Rumours of Dawes' demise have been grossly exaggerated. If he's fully fit, he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think C Pederson has finally stepped up and over Dawes.

6 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Go Dees

4 hours ago, praha said:

Jesus...

What could have been...

Neitz could have gone back to CHB if we had all these firing...would have been the icing..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

I got it wrong.

I didnt think Jack would come good. Im very happy the wait was worth it. Id be gnashing my teeth if JW had been traded and this form was being enjoyed by another team.

All that junk in the media would get to anyone eventually. He was hounded and criticised relentlessly. Full credit to him for perserevering and finally rising above it all. Quite a few commentators need some humble pie. They are being quite sheepish about praising him now.

7 minutes ago, rjay said:

Neitz could have gone back to CHB if we had all these firing...would have been the icing..

4 hours ago, praha said:

Jesus...

What could have been...

6 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Go Dees

Jesus might only make a back pocket in that team......