• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Shattered to lose that one, but happy to see us kick 20 goals in a match. Apart from the first quarter fade, we fought hard all day. We were just let down by our own disposal into the forward 50.

Maxy... what a beast. Owned Goldy at the stoppages, but got beaten elsewhere...

Kind of makes last weeks loss a little hard to take...

So many silly free kicks given to bloody duckers...

Intensity great! We were playing a finals team.  We need to start nailing a few over the next month, or its catchup in 2nd half of season to better Last years wins.  

Im gobsmacked our coaches cannot find a way to nullify Harvey!!!!  6 effing goals 

as for the umpires - we were smashed.  This team needs to find a way of beating those umps that hate us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jumbo returns said:

Ffs....there were a million errors in the game and you isolate Watts?

You're kidding.....

It was just one that was crucial.  Settle Gretel 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I thought Wagner was okay, laid a great tackle on Thomas in the third but outside of that he didn't do a huge amount.

Frost was pretty poor, no impact.

Stretch I thought was good.  Missed a few targets but kept his spot for next week IMO.

Harmes was okay, kicked a goal in the last and put some pressure on.

Salem played off half back and was terrific.

Harmes was excellent I thought. If his disposal in tight was cleaner there would be no question about him being first 22 IMO. He attacks ball and man fiercely, and he takes grabs - he took a clear pack mark right in front of me in the last quarter that wasn't paid. He is credited with 10 tackles on the day which outstanding. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Go away. Are you a supporter? We don't need your kind of support.

lol MFC need all the support they can get... we are rubbish remember ?

How bout you lift your standards and stop accepting losses hey?

Nah too hard for your type.

Oliver is going to be an absolute star. Had seven clearances two thirds of the way into the first quarter. Incredible. Been a long time since we've had such a big clearance player. First time in my lifetime certainly. Cannot wait until he's got 40 games under his belt. Set to become such an important player for us. 

Viney pushed hard in the last quarter, for another solid game. He's a beauty. That goal on the run to finish Jetta's courageous and brilliant play was terrific. There's team improvement right there in that play. 

Kent was horrendous in the first half. Blew chances, made a number of basic errors and demonstrated poor decision making. However, as the game wore on, he began to hit the scoreboard and got involved more. He laid tackles this week and got the ball. His kicking 50% of the time is still criminal, but I hope this will give him confidence to bake me some humble pie. Four goals is ultimately almost always a good day.

Kent's mate Harmes laid a staggering team-high tackle count of ten, the third most on the ground. He's rough around the edges and not a particularly good decision maker, but if he brings that kind of work-rate he'll be worth his spot and those decisions will hopefully improve with more experience.

Glad to see Hogan hit the scoreboard this week, but he still needs to work a lot harder. His opponents continue to run off him. Will be really intrigued to see how Hogan goes next week. That first goal was class though. Still agree with those who said he should be played at CHF though.

And just on this, I have no idea what the FD are doing with Frost. He did a couple of clever things, but also made some really costly errors. Why was he not played on Waite - who kicked 4?

Gawn was one of the key reasons why we got back in the game, but at the end of the day, his opponent kicked five (admittedly most of them from free kicks). He still has the odd brainfade. He really needs to get this out of his game. Otherwise, he showed he can take it up to the best.

Lumumba was terrific today. He was the other really important player in the second quarter. As I predicted after last week's game, I think he'll be a lot better in a team that works hard as we did for three quarters today. His rebound and creativity off half back was incredibly damaging. Looking forward to seeing him get one over his old team mates next week.

Nathan Jones was ordinary today. Some really dumb decisions a couple of times and some laziness has crept into his game this year. It was the young guys in Gawn, Viney and Oliver who were really leading the way in the leadership stakes. 

Jack Watts did a couple of really good things and showed flashes of leadership, but ever since the first round, he's dropped back into his old ways of softness at the contest and laconic body language.

Finally, our tackling is lazy. I'm sorry, but we need to start channelling our energy and attack on the man into effective tackles. So many times already this season we've let the opposition off the hook by falling in someone's back or grabbing someone's head. And often, we give up these stupid free kicks in dangerous scoring positions inside defensive 50.

Overall, thought we'd do better today. Was embarrassed by quarter time and quietly confident at half time. We should have won it in the end, but we just didn't take our chances. Hogan's miss; Watts' brainfade; Jones giving off that handball that resulted in a turnover; Dunn completely misjudging the flight of the ball, resulting in a Harvey goal; and Frost's dropped mark when we had all the momentum off half back. Not to mention, the umpires murdered us today. There were definitely some free kicks there, but at least four or five weren't and these all resulted in goals to the opposition. I reckon we win that game later this year or early next year. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Harmes was excellent I thought. If his disposal in tight was cleaner there would be no question about him being first 22 IMO. He attacks ball and man fiercely, and he takes grabs - he took a clear pack mark right in front of me in the last quarter that wasn't played. He is credited with 10 tackles on the day which outstanding. 

Reluctant to blame the umps but that Harmes mark not being paid was ludicrous, and costly.

I think Harmes would sneak in for 1 vote today. Played a big defensive role in the forward half.

Just now, Nasher said:

Harmes was excellent I thought. If his disposal in tight was cleaner there would be no question about him being first 22 IMO. He attacks ball and man fiercely, and he takes grabs - he took a clear pack mark right in front of me in the last quarter that wasn't played. He is credited with 10 tackles on the day which outstanding. 

Yeah I stand corrected actually, he was better than I gave him credit for.  10 tackles is fantastic, didn't realise he had that many.

• Like 1

Just now, Nasher said:

Yeah I stand corrected actually, he was better than I gave him credit for.  10 tackles is fantastic, didn't realise he had that many.

Not going to lie but at the end of the first quarter I was freaking out.   I'm hoping the penny has dropped and this is how we play for the rest of the season. Almost beat some really good opponents today, haven't done that for a while. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Go away. Are you a supporter? We don't need your kind of support.

Trying to reply to Sue, but it seems this site performs as well as our club. Will SOMEONE find a way to fix it ???

Anyway Sue, i have read you apologistic nonsense for ages, so i already know you are happy to accept mediocrity. it is obvious my standards are much higher than yours.

We lost

Again

Thats 16 in a row to North.

Knock yourself out trying to find excuses for losing.. Meanwhile i will be watching the Dogs take Hawthorn to the wire.

We can only DREAM of doing that.

We conceded the first 7 goals and you clowns blame the umpires Which is partly the reason we ran out of rotations. It takes a lot of effort to claw back those goals

Super effort from the boys. 

Bring on Collingwood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

Fancy letting that little runt get 6.0. You'd be hard press to find an easier 6 goals. 

Hate to say it but we should have had all the run in the last and to have fewer rotations available was yet another major coaching error. We were getting smashed in the last and that should have been expected given North's experience. The game was ultimately lost in that 10-minute window, half-way through the last, while we were trying to slow down our rotations to stretch them out. They had more run and it showed.

Also, Dunn is finished. I am so sick of him and Garland dumbing up our team so damn much. You have a game there to be won and you look sideways. Astonishing. Just a dumb footballer. Can't wait until the final weeds of the Daniher and Bailey eras are pulled out of this club. Massive liability down back, once again. That mis-timed jump as Boomer and two other North players fell behind was just astonishing. Should have stayed grounded. 10-year experienced player making a rookie mistake.

1 hour ago, praha said:

Fancy letting that little runt get 6.0. You'd be hard press to find an easier 6 goals. 

Hate to say it but we should have had all the run in the last and to have fewer rotations available was yet another major coaching error. We were getting smashed in the last and that should have been expected given North's experience. The game was ultimately lost in that 10-minute window, half-way through the last, while we were trying to slow down our rotations to stretch them out. They had more run and it showed.

Also, Dunn is finished. I am so sick of him and Garland dumbing up our team so damn much. You have a game there to be won and you look sideways. Astonishing. Just a dumb footballer. Can't wait until the final weeds of the Daniher and Bailey eras are pulled out of this club. Massive liability down back, once again. That mis-timed jump as Boomer and two other North players fell behind was just astonishing. Should have stayed grounded. 10-year experienced player making a rookie mistake.

A problem on this site is that after a loss--even by 4 points in a game involving close to 250 overall, someone needs to belch out rage. " major coaching errors" Rubbish! Don't think you'd find many commentators to agree . Getting Higan involved early was masterly and he played easily his best game.

and Dunn gone? Again, sheer nonsense. He kicked a great goal and wasn't our worst and much of his disposal was exemplary. I was frustrated when both Dunn and Stretch went sideways deep in the last quarter. But on tv you can't see what is available downfield, and the worst option was to give the ball away.

and while I'm about it, some other dill has again attacked M Jines who, at a time we were miles behind, had more disposals than anyone. And Wagner? Promising first game. Some lovely disposals

1 hour ago, praha said:

My thoughts throughout the day:

Start of the day: A 2-3 goal loss would be a great effort.

Quarter time: The world is over.

3 Quarter time: We've got this.

End of the game: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

End of the day: What a great effort.

I suspect that Demonland followed a similar trajectory?

• Like 4

North got the points, nothing is going to change that, might be 16 in a row but I dint give a stuff as I'm  65 and can remember us beating them about 4000 times in a row in the 50's and 60's. If you reckon we have been bad, I refer you to North Melbourne pre the 10 year rule fabrication.  However. they will now be acutely aware that they need to win it this year as they wont beat us again for a while. I look forward to near term inclusions and Viney taking the reigns next year.

• Like 3

North got the points, nothing is going to change that, might be 16 in a row but I dint give a stuff as I'm  65 and can remember us beating them about 4000 times in a row in the 50's and 60's. If you reckon we have been bad, I refer you to North Melbourne pre the 10 year rule fabrication.  However. they will now be acutely aware that they need to win it this year as they wont beat us again for a while. I look forward to near term inclusions and Viney taking the reigns next year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Roos said in his Post match media interview that he was "Pleased" with today.

We are DEAD as a club if our coach can be pleased with losing regardless of how close it was.

My GOD it gets me angry. Time for Roos to go, and insert someone who is emotionally invested in the club and its future.

25 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Ffs....there were a million errors in the game and you isolate Watts?

You're kidding.....

Geez, defensive much? Watts was good today, but that was a turning point without doubt.

• Like 3

Just now, ding said:

We are DEAD as a club if our coach can be pleased with losing regardless of how close it was.

My GOD it gets me angry. Time for Roos to go, and insert someone who is emotionally invested in the club and its future.

He said he was pleased with the effort and frustrated with the loss. You're a [censored]

• Like 13

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Really good effort. Two clangers from Watts and Vanders cost us. Umpiring was a disgrace. Frost, M Jones not up to it and must go. Wagner not ready. Looking forward to Garlett, Brayshaw, ANB and Petracca coming in.

Disagree. Thought he did a couple of nice things on debut.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

30 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Was working, still working...,

How was Wagner, Frost, Stretch, Harmes and where did Salem play?

cheers

Agree Frost no good. Did try but had little impact

wagner did some nice things, worth persisting. Harmes pretty good, I agree he was robbed a goal after a great mark not paid. Stretch is awfully young with some skill. Perhaps not in our best 22 at present.

salem at HBF and kicked in, played v well

• Like 4