• 35Ben Kennedy
  • 45Matt Jones
  • 46Dean Terlich
  • 36Jefferey Garlett
  • 43James Harmes

Coach

• Paul Roos

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/match?matchid=NAB20160203

Given that they have the wrong coach listed I wonder about the rest of it.  Goodwin is coach today.

Good to see Oliver starting on the field.  I assume some of the 'Subs' will be dropped from the final list.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Sledging is part of sport.

I'm just curious as to what the Toump did that he deserves to be sledged?  Fair enough if he walked out for big money when he was a big contributor, but did he and was he?  Give the guy a break, I say.

• Like 3

Kent, Oliver, VB, Hunt and Wagner.
Those 5 boys today I will be trying my very best to follow on the live up dates (No access to watch the game due to job requirements)
I watched Callum Mills(Syd) last week and was ver impressed with how he moves and am hoping for a similar game from Oliver.
Kent and VB I am expecting big things from today. I don't want them to change the world I just want to see the venom they showed last year.
Hunt I am excited to see, very excited, I think he will be a mix between James Harmes and Jaimee Elliott with a bit more speed and polish hopefully.
Wagner I am tipping to be the VanDenBerg of 2016 but hopefully with more luck in the injury department.

Will be a trying day considering Port have one game on us and are fielding a strenghened side but we have a team of hard out competitors and many of which who are for the first time in their careers fighting for their spot on our list, no guarantees.

What I don't want to see is a lack lustre performance with poor decisions.

Looking forward to seeing Gawn, Hogan, and Mcdonald and Viney leading like the Generals they are and have the team get through unscathed and hungry for more,

• Like 1

Port:

Starting

• 1Travis Boak
  • 5Matthew Broadbent
  • 3Jake Neade
  • 9Robert Gray
  • 7Brad Ebert
  • 8Hamish Hartlett
  • 11John Butcher
  • 13Cameron O'Shea
  • 12Jackson Trengove
  • 15Karl Amon
  • 18Jimmy Toumpas
  • 16Oliver Wines
  • 19Matt White
  • 21Jared Polec
  • 20Chad Wingard
  • 23Matthew Lobbe
  • 24Jarman Impey
  • 27Alipate Carlile

Subs

• 39Justin Westhoff
  • 28Jay Schulz
  • 29Jasper Pittard
  • 36Jack Hombsch
  • 32Dougal Howard
  • 37Jesse Palmer
  • 33Darcy Byrne-Jones
  • 46Sam Gray
  • 41Brendon Ah Chee
  • 42Thomas Jonas
  • 40Aaron Young

Coach

• Ken Hinkley

Not a bad line up from Port.

Lookin forward to the Viney/Wines clash

15 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

In the context of booing Toumpas yes it is, the guy was crucified on here, and has now moved on, the point of booing him is?

13 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I'm just curious as to what the Toump did that he deserves to be sledged?  Fair enough if he walked out for big money when he was a big contributor, but did he and was he?  Give the guy a break, I say.

Every player that changes clubs cops a bit over the fence. It doesn't have to get personal, I'd start by letting him know that Watts is still in our best 22.

Just now, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Elaborate on "rumours".

I'm surprised you haven't read about them on here as they've been mentioned hundreds of times.

The 'rumour' is that we wanted to draft Wines and Neeld over ruled the scouting team and demanded that we take Toumpas instead.

• Like 1

Just now, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Every player that changes clubs cops a bit over the fence. It doesn't have to get personal, I'd start by letting him know that Watts is still in our best 22.

I know it happens, by heroes, my point, I just don't feel the need

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm surprised you haven't read about them on here as they've been mentioned hundreds of times.

The 'rumour' is that we wanted to draft Wines and Neeld over ruled the scouting team and demanded that we take Toumpas instead.

Correct

1 hour ago, Rossmillan said:

Can't wait to get down to Elizabeth oval, to see all the new recruits live in action!

Big decisions of the day:

Pie or hot dog?

Will it be too hot for the scarf?

To sledge or not to sledge the Toump?

Footy is back!!!

Let us know how many walkers you kill. 

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

There are so many rumours/urban myths about Mark Neeld. That's just another one of them that is untrue. It's been reported many times that the recruiting department considered the situation closely at the time and, like most keen observers, had Toumpas ahead of Wines. They also wanted  to have a more outside running type in the team. 

Let's not forget that Todd Viney had a very close knowledge of Wines and it was entirely appropriate for Neeld to defer to his recruiting people on the matter of draft selection.

Mark Neeld might not have turned out a good coach and he confronted numerous obstacles as an inexperienced person in the job but he wasn't Hannibal Lechter.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Line up:

• 4Jack Watts
  • 1Jesse Hogan
  • 3Christian Salem
  • 11Max Gawn
  • 7Jack Viney
  • 10Angus Brayshaw
  • 12Dom Tyson
  • 14Lynden Dunn
  • 13Clayton Oliver
  • 15Billy Stretch
  • 17Sam Frost
  • 16Dean Kent
  • 20Colin Garland
  • 22Viv Michie
  • 21Cameron Pedersen
  • 25Tom McDonald
  • 28Oscar McDonald
  • 29Jayden Hunt

Subs

• 30Alex Neal-Bullen
  • 37Aaron vandenBerg
  • 42Josh Wagner
  • 31Jack Grimes
  • 39Neville Jetta
  • 32Tomas Bugg
  • 35Ben Kennedy
  • 45Matt Jones
  • 46Dean Terlich
  • 36Jefferey Garlett
  • 43James Harmes

Coach

• Paul Roos

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/match?matchid=NAB20160203

Given that they have the wrong coach listed I wonder about the rest of it.  Goodwin is coach today.

Good to see Oliver starting on the field.  I assume some of the 'Subs' will be dropped from the final list.

They are just in numerical order.  Take no notice - Jetta and Harmes will be starting on the ground for sure.

9 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

There are so many rumours/urban myths about Mark Neeld. That's just another one of them that is untrue. It's been reported many times that the recruiting department considered the situation closely at the time and, like most keen observers, had Toumpas ahead of Wines. They also wanted  to have a more outside running type in the team. 

Let's not forget that Todd Viney had a very close knowledge of Wines and it was entirely appropriate for Neeld to defer to his recruiting people on the matter of draft selection.

Mark Neeld might not have turned out a good coach and he confronted numerous obstacles as an inexperienced person in the job but he wasn't Hannibal Lechter.

That's not what I heard WJ, both Craig and Neeld were all for Toumpas, recruiters were leaning more towards Wines and putting up smokescreen so they could land him, they knew Port were hot for Wines, Viney was no fan of Neeld

19 minutes ago, goodoil said:

They are just in numerical order.  Take no notice - Jetta and Harmes will be starting on the ground for sure.

Not quite numerical order...and I did qualify it with:  "Given that they have the wrong coach listed I wonder about the rest of it"!

9 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

That's not what I heard WJ, both Craig and Neeld were all for Toumpas, recruiters were leaning more towards Wines and putting up smokescreen so they could land him, they knew Port were hot for Wines, Viney was no fan of Neeld

Ever considered that you probably "heard" wrong. Toumpas was considered by the pundits as next best behind Whitfield. Wines was thought to be outside the top five and that's exactly where he was picked. 

Todd Viney was one of the recruiting team who vindicated the selection of Toump on that basis and the club was said to be delighted on the day with their selection. The stories that circulated otherwise began when Wines made such an impressive start to his career while Jimmy's start was hampered by his hip surgery.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Only one Melbourne recruiter had Wines in its top 6 after the National Championships, he wasn't that highly rated.  Toumpas and Kennedy were rated ahead by most of the staff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elwood 3184 said:

Ever considered that you probably "heard" wrong. Toumpas was considered by the pundits as next best behind Whitfield. Wines was thought to be outside the top five and that's exactly where he was picked. 

Todd Viney was one of the recruiting team who vindicated the selection of Toump on that basis and the club was said to be delighted on the day with their selection. The stories that circulated otherwise began when Wines made such an impressive start to his career while Jimmy's start was hampered by his hip surgery.

Yes of course, but we all have different avenues of information, it doesn't necessarily mean that mine was incorrect, also I would be staggered if a club didn't say that, but it is in the past now, I was only responding to another post

Can we not turn this into another [censored] Toumpas vs Wines thread? This is a game day thread. If people are going to bring this up every time we play Port then you probably need to consider why you're continuing to bring it up. 

• Like 5