MFC 2016 Membership - Record Broken. Next stop: 40,000

Lucifers Hero

5 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It was. 

Surely there's not that many members of here and the club could push for a slightly bigger allocation.

That does seem a bit stiff.

I know it's a very different situation in terms of support for the home team but we (as NSW country members) had no difficulty arranging tickets for us (two adults, two kids) and three guests through what I assume is the same mechanism for the game at the SCG a couple of weeks ago. Of course it was miserable weather, and a miserable game...and as it happens I went straight to the airport afterwards and flew to Perth for a week's work.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 11

42 minutes ago, demon-4-life said:

Think we might knock over 40,000.  Got an email asking me to renew my son for $1 for a 3 game membership.

My gut feel is that there might be 1000 members who are willing to fork out $1.

I don't have a son but I would buy one for $1

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Serious Question; why do people wait till the season is nearly over to buy a membership?

I bought mine last year on literally the last day that memberships count. I'd been travelling overseas prior.

Not to mention the people with tighter money availability who may have just done their tax or saved for a membership for example. Plenty of members don't get to as many games. I'm a foundation hero and a trident member and unfortunately work away, so my membership is almost "wasted" in terms of match day attendance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Generation dee said:

I bought mine last year on literally the last day that memberships count. I'd been travelling overseas prior.

I'm a foundation hero and a trident member and unfortunately work away, so my membership is almost "wasted" in terms of match day attendance.

Good on you for supporting the club so strongly then.

I am a bit the same...an MCC member and I go whenever I am in the state and occasionally make it to interstate games, but the four memberships I buy for family members are effectively donations since the rest of the family are MCC too...but my "donations" don't go to the expense of Trident memberships. You have my R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, demon-4-life said:

Think we might knock over 40,000.  Got an email asking me to renew my son for $1 for a 3 game membership.

My gut feel is that there might be 1000 members who are willing to fork out $1.

This $1 membership is only available if you agree to sign up next year as well. I haven't paid up this year as yet for various reasons but may well take up this $1 membership and then sign in next year just so I can go to the Suns and Hawks games. I have only made it to the GWS game so far this year but was thinking of going to these games anyway so it works out well. 

I am sure there would be other lapsed members who would be thinking along the same lines. 

1 minute ago, pitmaster said:

Good on you for supporting the club so strongly then.

I am a bit the same...an MCC member and I go whenever I am in the state and occasionally make it to interstate games, but the four memberships I buy for family members are effectively donations since the rest of the family are MCC too...but my "donations" don't go to the expense of Trident memberships. You have my R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

And vice versa. I'd love if the club printed off general admission tickets for my allocated games, and I just used my membership pass to get into the relevant areas when I can attend. Because if I had surplus GA tickets, I'd be looking to donate them to someone who wants to go but can't afford it as often. Sadly, my seat is often empty at our home games.

• Like 2

A shout out to the grandparents of the world, if I may? I came across two of this breed recently, one who had bought Dees memberships for six grandchildren, then, shortly after, one who had bought TEN! And these were both repeat efforts, year after year.

And, while I think of it, what a great 'joke'/pizz-em-off present an armchair or a 3-game is for that hard-to-buy-for family member, social mate or life mate, ESPECIALLY if they follow another team (DOUBLE especially if it's one of the C teams). A thought for 2017 for you all!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Well done to all

Membership is the pulse of the club...

This probably belongs in the 'Womens' Forum but that doesn't seem to get many views so thought I would post here.  http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-07-27/membership

It is the opportunity to be a Women's Team Foundation Member.  Limited to 500 members.  $250 per member.  A chance to get in 'on the ground floor' so to speak. :rolleyes:

The club also announced our Marquis players:  Daisy Pearce and Mel Hickey. Exciting times for them and the Club.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Re the Women's Foundation Membership - From the website 'Membership' page: https://membership.melbournefc.com.au/be-part-of-history-

Limited to only 500 members, this unique opportunity includes the following:
- Recognition on the MFC website as a women’s team foundation member
- Foundation Member Lapel pin
- Foundation Member scarf
- Foundation Member 2017 membership card and certificate
- Team guide
- Invitation to an event with the inaugural MFC Women's team in the lead up to the 2017 season
- Access to 2017 Women's team games

A pretty good deal!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Re the Women's Foundation Membership - From the website 'Membership' page: https://membership.melbournefc.com.au/be-part-of-history-

Limited to only 500 members, this unique opportunity includes the following:
- Recognition on the MFC website as a women’s team foundation member
- Foundation Member Lapel pin
- Foundation Member scarf
- Foundation Member 2017 membership card and certificate
- Team guide
- Invitation to an event with the inaugural MFC Women's team in the lead up to the 2017 season
- Access to 2017 Women's team games

A pretty good deal!

Can we add the 500 Foundation members to this year's total?

2 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Can we add the 500 Foundation members to this year's total?

I don't know CBDees.  Would be good if we could. 

I would imagine the 500 memberships will be snapped up fairly quickly especially as Foundation Membership numbers would be deliberately restricted.

There is certainly an opportunity to add members next year if they sell separate memberships for the Women's games. 

A case of wait and see, I guess.

There was a new initiative this year which I liked from both the MCC and Melbourne which was a MFC/MCC 3 game membership for wait list candidates (which I'm unfortunately on for sometime yet).

You could use the membership to get in to any 3 home games you liked or alternatively into the MCC reserve for the 3 selected games. The dissapointing thing about this though was they sent this offer through in about April after I had already paid for Legends membership which isn't cheap. 

As much as I would have like to have gotten this membership it didn't really serve any purpose on top of Legends membership, if they do decide to do this again next year it would be nice if its available at the same time as all the memberships to be able to have the option.

17 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Final result. (Pity about the confusion of playing days at the bottom, though. I guess our social media coordinator is continuing on with yesterday's pattern of inaccuracy.)

Member_Appreciation_eDM.jpg

That's dam good considering the games we should have won....

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the final 2016 figures from the AFL http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-membership-up-but-crowds-down-20160825-gr1b52.html

34qlwXRWsKrCXeuzrTU17MEumWxcEUL9247MVKKN

Just goes to show how finals have helped North and Bulldogs. Our turn next year :rolleyes: Massive effort by the Saints. 

Great result by us to break our previous record but we have slipped right down the Membership ladder. 

Massive effort from Dees supporters needed next year. 

Anyone like to hazard a guess as to where we might end up?