The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

9 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Have you got a problem with Jack, SWYL?  It seems you have no wish or hope that he gets better and returns to the field, and that makes no sense to me.

I have no time for the "emotional" game. I think Jack pushed his luck too far by playing on an injured foot for so long. 

If he makes it into the team and plays good luck to him. 

But training and playing in the senior side are 2 very different things. 

8 hours ago, beelzebub said:

I was just asking has he started kicking a ball yet. 

I had a broken R Tibia & Fibula from a motorcycle accident, multiple breaks Tibia had a triangle piece with bottom bone section below & upper section bone above triangle.... fibula grew back overlapping itself by 55mm.

I tried to play footy 4 years later, & half way thru season started getting sore shin.  xray showed nil.  Further scan showed activity around original break of the Tibia,  IMO from the loading of kicking the ball.. I was warned by TAC to give it away.

JT is I think more prone to jarring of feet on hard pavements ???    I wonder if hard formed orthotics will help him in this injury?

4 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

IMO, giving him a new contract, and excellent medical and rehab. support, is a pretty decent show of loyalty on the part of our Club.

and this is what the club should do for real servants who give the club all.  those who take,,, & grumble, can take a walk, & $culk off Howe ever way they want.

4 hours ago, rjay said:

A fit Trengove is easily best 22 'Red', my opinion of course but there was a reason the Tiges were after him. A couple really, his playing ability and much needed leadership.

a fully fit Trenners is above Grimes, & would help out off half back & thru Mids. the boy can kick & can play, if he can keep fit.

4 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Loyalty?

Talented player, ex captain and was shown the door at a time when our culture was at possibly its lowest point. 

A one year contract is an each way bet. 

often the clubs will try to pull the wool, for a trade,  to get a favourite son a couple more years contract ext, elsewhere, especially if they think its the end.

I often wonder about Kelvin Templeton?

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

I'm working with a young student who is doing a psychology degree at uni, pointed her to this site for a bit of practical study

sure to be getting a 'Laugh Inn'  over pinky & SWYL the Brain..... tomorrow, 'the world',  its myne!!!!

next the Mfc & the MCC

language alert

but which is SWYL?

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have no time for the "emotional" game. I think Jack pushed his luck too far by playing on an injured foot for so long. 

i am having trouble grasping your position on this SWYL, do you believe Jack is being given more chances to get back then his ability as a player reasonably reflects, or are you frustrated that it hasn't come out fully that Jack himself is partially responsible for the degree of injury and shouldn't get the level of sympathy he's geting?

And in the next breath someone will probably tell us that some other player needs to 'toughen up' and play through all those 'little niggles', like the best players do.

Footballers are competitive beasts. The more pain some of them get, they more they want to play through it just to stay on the field. Often we laud them for that approach.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

And in the next breath someone will probably tell us that some other player needs to 'toughen up' and play through all those 'little niggles', like the best players do.

That's exactly what Jack was told when he said his foot was sore.

9 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

Footballers are competitive beasts. The more pain some of them get, they more they want to play through it just to stay on the field. Often we laud them for that approach.

That's given us some great moments. Dean Jones' 200 in India. That chick in the Olympics who stumbled over the line in the marathon. Rugby league players who take hit after hit after hit.

But the pendulum is swinging the other way. Jones was hospitalised. The marathon runner endangered her own safety. Rugby players suffering early Alzheimers.

We're looking at these things differently now. It can be "tough" or "hard" or "gutsy" while at the same time being f***ing stupid. It's all in how you weigh it up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

i am having trouble grasping your position on this SWYL, do you believe Jack is being given more chances to get back then his ability as a player reasonably reflects, or are you frustrated that it hasn't come out fully that Jack himself is partially responsible for the degree of injury and shouldn't get the level of sympathy he's geting?

PG Jack has a one year contract to get back into the side, only because he broke down during the Richmond trade. 

If he makes it back into the side, great. But he must do it because he has earnt it. I don't want him getting a game just so the fans can feel good. 

In my opinion he played too long on an injured foot. But time will tell if that is right

no big deal to work out. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

PG Jack has a one year contract to get back into the side, only because he broke down during the Richmond trade. 

If he makes it back into the side, great. But he must do it because he has earnt it. I don't want him getting a game just so the fans can feel good. 

In my opinion he played too long on an injured foot. But time will tell if that is right

no big deal to work out. 

Runs onto the MCG, for the first time since injury, midway through the third quarter in the 2016 prelim. We're 15 points behind the western bulldogs. Every time he gets a touch the crowd go nuts as does his teammates.  IF he can get back he's going to a massive team lifter for us.

Hey its January.....Its good to dream.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

no big deal to work out. 

the club isn't going to give JT a game just for the fans... thats passe.  he played too long yes, but after the club medics said nothing to see here.

if JT thought he new better he would have gone off for a private 2nd opinion away from club.  I would have.

Jack is a team player, & probably idolises the game & the clubs expertise`.  we couldn't have a better team player IMO.  he isn't holding the club back, he is helping it forward with his attitude. its other softees that pull it backwards.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

Runs onto the MCG, for the first time since injury, midway through the third quarter in the 2016 prelim. We're 15 points behind the western bulldogs. Every time he gets a touch the crowd go nuts as does his teammates.  IF he can get back he's going to a massive team lifter for us.

Hey its January.....Its good to dream.

reminds me of the 87 run to finals & early finals games Wells 11.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

That's exactly what Jack was told when he said his foot was sore.

That's given us some great moments. Dean Jones' 200 in India. That chick in the Olympics who stumbled over the line in the marathon. Rugby league players who take hit after hit after hit.

But the pendulum is swinging the other way. Jones was hospitalised. The marathon runner endangered her own safety. Rugby players suffering early Alzheimers.

We're looking at these things differently now. It can be "tough" or "hard" or "gutsy" while at the same time being f***ing stupid. It's all in how you weigh it up.

not really, those efforts in do or die finals are required... but maybe not in H&A games.

JT is a big game player,  & I want him in my finals team.. he is the ultimate player to give all.

16 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The "emotional game" is what footy is all about.    The fans get "emotional"....The players get "emotional"....The media get "emotional"

If you take "emotion" out of the games, you may as well play with robots and go and have a cup of tea on Saturday afternoon.   There wouldn't be a need for demonland or any other football site.    It what footy is all about, otherwise we wouldn't bother yelling at games, booing the opposition, calling the umps cheats ect ect  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bossdog said:

The "emotional game" is what footy is all about.    The fans get "emotional"....The players get "emotional"....The media get "emotional"

If you take "emotion" out of the games, you may as well play with robots and go and have a cup of tea on Saturday afternoon.   There wouldn't be a need for demonland or any other football site.    It what footy is all about, otherwise we wouldn't bother yelling at games, booing the opposition, calling the umps cheats ect ect  

Boss this club has been shocking at giving easy games and send off games to players who are not up to it. That has to stop

i want september finals with match hardened players. 

I really don't care who they are. 

• Like 1

Boss this club has been shocking at giving easy games and send off games to players who are not up to it. That has to stop

It's already stopped.

Mark Jamar says hi.

Keep shaking your fist at those ghosts of the past though champ.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's already stopped.

Mark Jamar says hi.

Exactly. Mark Jamar is correct

so why bother saying it

i can explain my own side with out you jumping in sideways...

40 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's already stopped.

Mark Jamar says hi.

26 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Exactly. Mark Jamar is correct

so why bother saying it

i can explain my own side with out you jumping in sideways...

You said "it has to stop", I pointed out "it's already stopped". so don't tell me you don't need things explained to you when you clearly do.

As do all supporters of all teams, SWYL.    Emotion has a lot to do with that.    Phil Walsh, Jimmy Stynes, Troy Broadbridge, The whole football world got emotional  You get emotional about past office bearers of our Footy Club.    We have no more easy games or send off games than anyone else in the comp.

Players come and players go, some times I am saddened, sometimes I don't care but I love the players that put on the jumper week after week and give all they have.  Sometimes it is just not enough to win.

If we all didn't have a passion for the club, then why do we discuss/argue/bicker about it on here it on here? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Barra17 said:

So is there actually any JT progress in this thread?

He's been on the stubbies and catching crays with his mates in SA.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

You said "it has to stop", I pointed out "it's already stopped". so don't tell me you don't need things explained to you when you clearly do.

Fcuk you are unbelievable

Nothing has stopped until this club drags itself out off the bottom 4 and wins consistently. 

• Like 2