Trade Radio Discussion

What

as I suggest elsehwere I see the Cats being exactly that...middle of the road.. ( as do I us ) Hope we get out the way first .

Prestia will be a dee in 2017. Book it in

Rubbish we've been hearing that for the last 2 trade periods he can stay up there

He isn't but either is pick 50 in a weak draft. If that's the offer then we have a decision to make. And all the issues I mention above are relevant.

Some would sell and some would hold. I'd hold. I think there is more chance of him making it than a late 40's pick.

I don't like either option much.

Oscar and Tom McDonald picks 53, vandenBerg - rookie, Harmes - rookie, Mitch White - rookie, Max King - rookie.

I'd rather a late 40's pick. Keep turning the list over.

The only thing this club can trade for is draft picks it's pathetic Roos hasn't landed a big fish since he got here and nothing will change in the next 2 weeks well the good clubs scoop the pool, it's just taken us 10

Years to beat Geelong and in one trade period the [censored] pricks have gone strait past us again what's the point.

Everyone who thinks prestia is going to Hawthorn or Collingwood. He may request a trade to us due to family connections. Not to mention a [censored]-tone of money!

Lets not forget about Gold Coast here, they may have a great season and get back on track to being the dominant club that everyone thought they would get to, thus prestia re-signs, i think there its still a very very high chance he will be at gold coast in 2017.

• Like 1

The only thing this club can trade for is draft picks it's pathetic Roos hasn't landed a big fish since he got here and nothing will change in the next 2 weeks well the good clubs scoop the pool, it's just taken us 10

Years to beat Geelong and in one trade period the [censored] pricks have gone strait past us again what's the point.

Oh for god sake that a deep breath, go for a walk, have a coffee.

There is still a week of the trade period to go.

Roos arrived to a VFL level list that was always going to take five plus year to turn it into a top four list.

we are at the end of the second year.

The list improved substantially last year and will again this year.

As for Geelong you have no idea what they will produce next year why not wait and see before announcing their improvement.

We could easily improve by a similar amount and still beat them.

• Like 7

It's a bit like that isn't it

Look up our previous CEO on Google. Not a word since he left the club in Tatters

I always knew it would be a long climb out of the swamp, but not this long.

Footy will lose its shine if half the comp become irrelevant...

We really needed that one big name....Then the boulder starts moving...

People are too hung up on a "big fish". Lets not forget we are coming off a 7 win season, yes its an improvement from the dark days but we are still not out of the woods completely though the signs are good.

Continue to build from within, make a finals series and then we will start attracting significant players.

• Like 3

Oscar and Tom McDonald picks 53, vandenBerg - rookie, Harmes - rookie, Mitch White - rookie, Max King - rookie.

I'd rather a late 40's pick. Keep turning the list over.

Yes, all valid. But I could quote you 4 for every one that doesn't make it after pick 40 and I suppose I still hold some hope.

There are also players like Cunnington, Rohan, Sheppard, Conca, Hoskin Elliott, Buntine, Armatage, Masten, Myers and Plowman who were all early picks and took time or are still being given time.

It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Jeez there are set dead set sad sods in here. The expectations that an A grader will all of a suddan leap us into a finals is outrageous.

Where was Port Adelaides A grader when they rose up the ladder? Where was the Western Bulldogs A grade elite when they rose up last year.

It takes 22 blokes not an individual. Wont be the end of the world if we dont land one.

• Like 9

Jeez there are set dead set sad sods in here. The expectations that an A grader will all of a suddan leap us into a finals is outrageous.

Where was Port Adelaides A grader when they rose up the ladder? Where was the Western Bulldogs A grade elite when they rose up last year.

It takes 22 blokes not an individual. Wont be the end of the world if we dont land one.

Tom Boyd.

lel

• Like 4

Agree100% dd

And there is still a week of the trade period to go.

I wouldn't be so quick to applaud geelong on their trade efforts, they still have 5 spots on their list to fill, that means 5 picks in this draft at the very very end of the draft, i think they are sacrificing youth for another try at the flag, as stated Bartel, Mackie, Enright, and lonergan will all retire soon. As far as geelong are concerned those players won't be replaced with extremely late draft picks or a huge rookie list.

All premiership clubs begin from drafting and develpoing. Exactly what we are doing. These young, mediocre players are going to help us more than most think

Edited by DemonLad5
  • Like 1

Historically your A-graders come from top 5 picks.

Petracca, Hogan (would have been), Brayshaw, Tyson - we need these guys to become A-graders/stars and hope Salem, Viney, Gawn et al can take those sorts of steps.

It would be great to land a big fish, but I'm just as happy to develop our own.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be so quick to applaud geelong on their trade efforts, they still have 5 spots on their list to fill, that means 5 picks in this draft at the very very end of the draft, i think they are sacrificing youth for another try at the flag, as stated Bartel, Mackie, Enright, and lonergan will all retire soon. As far as geelong are concerned those players won't be replaced with extremely late draft picks or a huge rookie list.

Agree this has the potential to backfire big time

Its bemusing to see the panic at no trades. Geelong has done no more than picked up the 3 players we all knew were going to them months ago, hardly spectacular trading over the past week or so. As rfpc said above its not that strategic either. Selwood's ankle must put him in doubt for the start of the year.

• Like 2

where are they situated ( if you know ) with using some late picks to elevate any rookies ?

They might only have purpose to use a couple of picks on any real kids in teh draft. They may well feel that if not participating in the first round then theyll look at some 'projects' or simply have a gamble on some. Who knows.. Not a major care of mine..its Geelong

16 and 35 for Bennell and 22.

Bloody good win for Freo.

Time will tell on that one. On face value and considering Bennell's immense talent, it looks a very good deal for them.

16 and 35 for Bennell and 22.

Bloody good win for Freo.

True, but he doesn't fill their huge need up forward. Still a risk for them.

Plus they've had to give up their first rounder for him which, I'm guessing, they may have earmarked for McCarthy. Makes it difficult to get him now.