Charlie Curnow

dazzledavey36

Geez, if we win tomorrow, Carlton get band 1 compo for Kreuzer and Brisbane get a PP, we drop from pick 5 to pick 8.

Conversely, if we lose tomorrow, Kreuzer re-signs and Brisbane get nothing, we get pick 4. Go figure!

You mean pick 5.

I have not seen much of the kids this year aside from the televised champs and it was truly underwhelming. I really hope in what appears a pretty vanilla draft we swing for the high risk/ high reward approach if we don't trade our first pick. One of the highly rated but with limited games this year ie: Curnow, Weideman, Burton or someone like Ah Chee who could be boom or bust at the next level.

If we had to pick above where they are generally ranked, Terry Milera is the one I've been impressed with. Apparently he's strung together some good performances in the SANFL. Haven't verified, but heard he had a 24 possession 5 goal effort a week or so back.

Bonner another one who appeals who's currently rated high to mid teens.

If we had to pick above where they are generally ranked, Terry Milera is the one I've been impressed with. Apparently he's strung together some good performances in the SANFL. Haven't verified, but heard he had a 24 possession 5 goal effort a week or so back.

Bonner another one who appeals who's currently rated high to mid teens.

I can verify that 5 goal game but it was Wayne Milera - against Glenelg two weeks ago.

He should be lining up against Norwood in the elimination final.

Meanwhile, here's some vision of Curnow in a full game:-

https://vimeo.com/126454828

The guy that used to play for StKilda?

If it's him, he plays for Glenelg. 28 I think... not sure why he has popped up in a drafting discussion.

Not the kind of player I'd want us to go for at this stage.

• Like 1

I have not seen much of the kids this year aside from the televised champs and it was truly underwhelming. I really hope in what appears a pretty vanilla draft we swing for the high risk/ high reward approach if we don't trade our first pick. One of the highly rated but with limited games this year ie: Curnow, Weideman, Burton or someone like Ah Chee who could be boom or bust at the next level.

Jeez. It actually seems like there is an Ah Chee in literally every draft year.

• Like 1

Fixed. He needs to cool his jets if he's to fall to us.

It should be interesting. We know who 1 and 2 are. The next group would be Parish, Balic, Francis with Curnow probably coming into the mix late as well. Not sure who else. We'd be pretty happy with any of that group I think. They're all solid players with good skills.

It should be interesting. We know who 1 and 2 are. The next group would be Parish, Balic, Francis with Curnow probably coming into the mix late as well. Not sure who else. We'd be pretty happy with any of that group I think. They're all solid players with good skills.

I think at this stage he's probably 4th on that list, pushing third.

SEN did a mock draft earlier and had Curnow coming to us at pick 7. If we pass on another Jake Stringer like prospect the supporters will burn the club to the ground.

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 2

Tim Milera / Terry Milera.

Not the same person, to my understanding.

Not the same person. Think they are cousins.

SEN did a mock draft earlier and had Curnow coming to us at pick 7. If we pass on another Jake Stringer like prospect the supporters will burn the club to the ground.

Don't think we'll get the chance to pass.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think we'll get the chance to pass.

The 3-us part of the draft is a bit of a puzzle. I really hope we manage to snare this kid with our first pick, but if he goes and Parish drops instead I'd be happy. Highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. Who else is there in that range? Balic and Francis?

So, pick 6. Pretty much no chance that Parish will still be there. Curnow is looking more and more likely.

A top rated player will probably slide to 6. If you look at the names. Schache, Weitering, Francis, Parish, Curnow. Outside of the first 2 picks, I think its fairly open after that. Francis and Curnow have been touted to slide, Essendon have been heavily linked to Parish, but we still don't know if that is legit or not. Both Francis and Curnow have massive upside, but that does come with some risk also. KP's don't all make it, sometimes it is safer to pick a mid.

Pretty confident that we'll be able to land Charlie.

Carlton - Weitering

Brisbane - Schache

Gold Coast - Francis

Essendon - Parish

St kilda - Mathieson

Melbourne - Curnow

If St Kilda trade Pick 5 to Essendon as part of a deal for Carlisle though, Essendon may go for Curnow instead of Mathieson who i'm confident St Kilda would take.

The thought of a Hogan/Curnow forward line is exciting!

• Like 1

Carlton - Weitering

Brisbane - Schache

Gold Coast - Francis

Essendon - Parish

St kilda - Mathieson

Melbourne - Curnow

If St Kilda trade Pick 5 to Essendon as part of a deal for Carlisle though, Essendon may go for Curnow instead of Mathieson who i'm confident St Kilda would take.

actually I like the idea of our national draft consisting of CCurnow, & Weideman.... with Curnow taking watts spot, in the midfield/Hforward.

so > 2017 Rnd.1 team

Bs/ Grimes, Dunn, Jetta

Hb/ Salem, Frost, Vince

Cs/ Brayshaw, Jones, Tyson

Hfs/ Petracca, TMac, Kent

Ffs/ Garlett, Hogan, Weideman

Rk/ Gawn, Curnow, Viney

bench: Trengove, Stretch, AN-B, Lamumba,

A top rated player will probably slide to 6. If you look at the names. Schache, Weitering, Francis, Parish, Curnow. Outside of the first 2 picks, I think its fairly open after that. Francis and Curnow have been touted to slide, Essendon have been heavily linked to Parish, but we still don't know if that is legit or not. Both Francis and Curnow have massive upside, but that does come with some risk also. KP's don't all make it, sometimes it is safer to pick a mid.

Yes, a top-6-rated draftee is likely to be available at pick 6.

Carlton - Weitering

Brisbane - Schache

Gold Coast - Francis

Essendon - Parish

St kilda - Mathieson

Melbourne - Curnow

Not sure why St Kilda would take Mathieson ahead of Curnow nor GC Francis but we could get lucky I guess.

• Like 1

Carlton - Weitering

Brisbane - Schache

Gold Coast - Francis

Essendon - Parish

St kilda - Mathieson

Melbourne - Curnow

Why are you confident St Kilda will take Mathieson?

• Like 2

Not sure why St Kilda would take Mathieson ahead of Curnow nor GC Francis but we could get lucky I guess.

Saints have been building up their key position stocks over the last couple of years. They've got McCartin, Bruce, Membrey and three ruckmen that they want to play two of each week.

Every saints fan i've spoken to reckons they'll be focusing on midfielders and Mathieson seems to be the name gathering the most traction from what i've heard.

Reckon Gold Coast will go with Francis for two reasons. One because Francis is tipped togo in the 3-5 area. Two because after Thompson & May, Gold Coast are a little thin for KPD.

Mathieson would be a great fit for them. He would make an immediate impact IMO. St Kilda know they have Billings coming back in next year, if they can find another ready made midfielder - I think they can make an impact. St Kilda are 2 key forwards better off this year, they have Bruce and McCartin. Also, they have Goddard down back. Mathieson fills a need, a young, contested ball winner. St Kilda would be silly to overlook him IMO. As much as I like Francis, a safer bet would be a contested mid.