Sandringham v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

If this club is to ever seriously improve it needs a VFL reserves team... Casey is not the answer.

It is no coincidence that the Bulldogs won a VFL premiership in their first year back and the seniors roaring up the ladder this season

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

If this club is to ever seriously improve it needs a VFL reserves team... Carey is not the answer.

It is no coincidence that the Bulldogs won a VFL premiership in their first year back and now the seniors roaring up the ladder this season

Hasn't hurt Hawthorn

I agree that Carey is not the answer. He's far too old

• Like 3

Hasn't hurt Hawthorn

I agree that Carey is not the answer. He's far too old

We are a universe away from the strength/resources/influence that a Hawthorn has over Box Hill

Just knew someone would get hold of that as I was editing. Bloody iPads. ...slow as the MFC mid field

Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart

Edited by picket fence

Don't ask me

What you know is true

Don't have to tell you

I love your precious heart

I

I was standing

You were there

Two worlds collided

And they could never tear us apart

We could live

For a thousand years

But if I hurt you

I'd make wine from your tears

I told you

That we could fly

'Cause we all have wings

But some of us don't know why

I

I was standing

You were there

Two worlds collided

And they could never ever tear us apart

Always thought you were a closet Port Fan.

SANDBANK by KC from Casey

You would have hardly known that spring was coming as gray skies and drizzling rain greeted the smallish crowd entering the Trevor Barker Beach Road Oval for the clash between the Zebras and the Scorpions to mark the final round of the VFL season.

The conditions weren't conducive to great football and perhaps it was just as well that Casey had secured its place in the finals a week earlier because it was no match for Sandringham which needed the win to secure second place on the ladder and a home final.

After an early scare when the visitors controlled the games opening stanza to keep them goalless and lead by three goals, the Zebras took over and that home final was never in doubt from about 10½ minutes into the second term when they scored their fourth goal. The game turned into a real scramble in the difficult conditions and Casey managed a late major after five unanswered goals to be in arrears by two goals at the main break.

However, they were held to a single goal in the second half so that when it was all over, Sandy had marched to a 51 point win to put it behind only the Box Hill Hawks and headed towards a likely home assignation against Williamstown in the second qualifying final next week. They left the Scorps listless in their wake as if beached on a sandbank in the bay nearby.

The result was hardly unexpected by those who noted the youth of the Casey team selected to do battle, a team which contained a season low of six senior AFL listed players (one returning for only his second game after a long layoff with a hamstring injury) and two rookies. With half a dozen youngsters who have played mainly development league games this season including debutant Kim Wilson and skipper Evan Panozza still missing with injury, the inevitable result occurred.

Early in the game, Jay Kennedy-Harris proved handful for the Zebra defenders and his two goals were a handsome result for his great endeavour and attack on the football but like the rest of the team he tapered off a little after that. However, he did add some much-needed speed and his contribution on the day was handy. Dean Terlich was tireless against the relentless tide of Zebra attacks, particularly after quarter time and he could possibly have earned himself a game in the Demon lineup for next week, assuming this is his farewell season.

Likewise, Mark Jamar, one of two players (along with James Munro) in Scorpions' colours to have played for the Zebras and in fact a premiership player with them. The big Russian dominated the ruck and was the standout big man on the ground but much of his work there was undone by an opposition midfield that sharked his hitouts and constantly won the breaks at the stoppages. Mitch White and Jimmy Toumpas put in but were swamped by the intensity of the home charge and often forced into error. Conditions didn't really suit big Max King, coming back from injury but he did at least snag a goal in the second half while Dean Kent, displaying a nice turn of pace and some good kicking, is well on his way back after a long lay off. Another comeback player Tim Smith worked hard and will be a welcome addition to the lineup in the finals.

You can expect a much different and more experienced Casey to take the field for next weekend's finals opener. The team will need to be at full strength after limping into the finals with just one win in its last six home and away appearances.

Peter Jackson VFL

Casey Scorpions3.2.20 4.2.26 5.8.38 5.8.38

Sandringham 0.2.2 5.9.39 8.13.61 12.17.89

Goals

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris 2 King Rennie Smith

Sandringham Saad 4 Dennis-Lane 3 Delaney Jones Shenton Siposs

Best

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris White Terlich Smith

Sandringham Pierce Siposs Cook Jones Weickhardt Saad

Statistics

Rohan Bail 23 disposals 9 kicks 14 handballs 2 marks 9 tackles 88 dream team points

Mark Jamar 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 1 marks 1 tackles 64 hit outs 65 dream team points

Jay Kennedy-Harris 2 goals 19 disposals 13 kicks 6 handballs 1 marks 10 tackles 102 dream team points

Dean Kent 14 disposals 8 kicks 6 handballs 1 marks 4 tackles 3 hit outs 49 dream team points

Max King 1 goal 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 2 marks 1 tackles 11 hit outs 36 dream team points

Jimmy Toumpas 16 disposals 11 kicks 5 handballs 5 marks 7 tackles 87 dream team points

Dean Terlich 22 disposals 14 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 5 tackles 93 dream team points

Mitch White 1 behind 19 disposals 10 kicks 9 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 80 dream team points

The more accurate Scorpions shrugged off the Zebras after a close three quarters in the development league game to win by three goals and will also feature in the finals.

2015 AFL Victoria Development League

Casey Scorpions 3.0.18 5.1.31 8.2.50 13.5.83

Sandringham 1.3.9 4.6.30 7.7.49 9.11.65

Goals

Casey Scorpions Lang 3 Fisscher Scott 2 Droessler Moncrieff O'Brien Paredes Stanlake Wyatt

Sandringham McTaggart Uthayakumar 2 Cameron Daidone Harris Jones Williams

Best

Casey Scorpions Scott McDonald Johnson Thwaites Hillard O'Brien

Sandringham Laumets Fisher Woodman Maitland Wallace Hooy

• Like 2

2015 AFL Victoria Development League

Goals

Casey Scorpions Lang 3 Fisscher Scott 2 Droessler Moncrieff O'Brien Paredes Stanlake Wyatt

Sandringham McTaggart Uthayakumar 2 Cameron Daidone Harris Jones Williams

Best

Casey Scorpions Scott McDonald Johnson Thwaites Hillard O'Brien

Sandringham Laumets Fisher Woodman Maitland Wallace Hooy

Does anyone know how Frost went?

Melbourne has just as much control over Casey as they would a Melbourne reserves side.

Without meaning to offend KC, do Casey have a problem attracting talented aspiring young players from the Melbourne suburbs, due to the travel and the Casey Fields itself. Call me soft, but I'd hardly want to train and play there. And just putting it out there, does Casey Fields impact on the development of the players?

Does anyone know how Frost went?

I looked up the Development League match centre and Frost was not shown on the team list for the game, even though he had been listed on the IC bench on Thursday.

Frost's absence is becoming more and more mysterious.

Scorps up by a point at half time - 5.1.31 to 4.6.30.

Sam Frost didn't make it onto the final team sheet.

Just melting away, somewhere mysterious.

First scorps game for me for the year

Stocks looked thin

Toumpas not clean hands

Kent - good attack on ball but no tank

King limited ruck option too light but can kick

Jhk good crumbing and clean finish

Hmm, no. He's nowhere near afl standard yet. The only reason he and Terlich got in the best is because the ball stayed down there for most of the match. Their disposal and decision making was ordinary.

No-one really put their hand up today which is not surprising given it was probably the weakest side we've fielded all year. No chop out for Jamar in the ruck, no fitzy down back, no Casey captain to marshal the defence and horrible conditions.

Jkh tackled well but had limited impact after the first quarter in what was a role spilt roughly 50-50 to my eye between midfield and forward.

Kent showed glimpses of that blistering speed and booming left leg, clearly his best game at vfl senor level but again like so many of his afl games he flashed in and out of the play for long periods.

King had a tough day, weather wasn't conducive to big markers, he continually found himself outnumbered in pack situations as Smith and Muir failed to draw their opponents away from the area ri give him a 1 on 1. Copped an almighty spray from Brendan Mccartney at the last huddle.

Jamar won plenty of hitouts but after a while the zebras players figured it it was easier to rove of him, we got smashed in all the stoppages in the middle. His impact around the ground was minimal, again conditions mean he gets some leeway.

Toumpas was fairly anonymous, fumbled and waited for the ball to bounce to him on several occasions, a day to forget.

Bail continually set up his teammates to be tackled or spoiled with his hospital posessions, probably had the toughest match up against Clint Jones.

I think that Kent has every reason not to be running out games this season: he was unable to run at all for months.

Looking forward to a kryptonite free pre season and him firing up big time for 2016.

The Statistics:

Rohan Bail 23 disposals 9 kicks 14 handballs 2 marks 9 tackles 88 dream team points

Mark Jamar 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 1 marks 1 tackles 64 hit outs 65 dream team points

Jay Kennedy-Harris 2 goals 19 disposals 13 kicks 6 handballs 1 marks 10 tackles 102 dream team points

Dean Kent 14 disposals 8 kicks 6 handballs 1 marks 4 tackles 3 hit outs 49 dream team points

Max King 1 goal 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 2 marks 1 tackles 11 hit outs 36 dream team points

Jimmy Toumpas 16 disposals 11 kicks 5 handballs 5 marks 7 tackles 87 dream team points

Dean Terlich 22 disposals 14 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 5 tackles 93 dream team points

Mitch White 1 behind 19 disposals 10 kicks 9 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 80 dream team points

You would have hardly known that spring was coming as gray skies and drizzling rain greeted the smallish crowd entering the Trevor Barker Beach Road Oval for the clash between the Zebras and the Scorpions to mark the final round of the VFL season.

The conditions weren't conducive to great football and perhaps it was just as well that Casey had secured its place in the finals a week earlier because it was no match for Sandringham which needed the win to secure second place on the ladder and a home final.

After an early scare when the visitors controlled the games opening stanza to keep them goalless and lead by three goals, the Zebras took over and that home final was never in doubt from about 10½ minutes into the second term when they scored their fourth goal. The game turned into a real scramble in the difficult conditions and Casey managed a late major after five unanswered goals to be in arrears by two goals at the main break.

However, they were held to a single goal in the second half so that when it was all over, Sandy had marched to a 51 point win to put it behind only the Box Hill Hawks and headed towards a likely home assignation against Williamstown in the second qualifying final next week. They left the Scorps listless in their wake as if beached on a sandbank in the bay nearby.

The result was hardly unexpected by those who noted the youth of the Casey team selected to do battle, a team which contained a season low of six senior AFL listed players (one returning for only his second game after a long layoff with a hamstring injury) and two rookies. With half a dozen youngsters who have played mainly development league games this season including debutant Kim Wilson and skipper Evan Panozza still missing with injury, the inevitable result occurred.

Early in the game, Jay Kennedy-Harris proved handful for the Zebra defenders and his two goals were a handsome result for his great endeavour and attack on the football but like the rest of the team he tapered off a little after that. However, he did add some much-needed speed and his contribution on the day was handy. Dean Terlich was tireless against the relentless tide of Zebra attacks, particularly after quarter time and he could possibly have earned himself a game in the Demon lineup for next week, assuming this is his farewell season.

Likewise, Mark Jamar, one of two players (along with James Munro) in Scorpions' colours to have played for the Zebras and in fact a premiership player with them. The big Russian dominated the ruck and was the standout big man on the ground but much of his work there was undone by an opposition midfield that sharked his hitouts and constantly won the breaks at the stoppages. Mitch White and Jimmy Toumpas put in but were swamped by the intensity of the home charge and often forced into error. Conditions didn't really suit big Max King, coming back from injury but he did at least snag a goal in the second half while Dean Kent, displaying a nice turn of pace and some good kicking, is well on his way back after a long lay off. Another comeback player Tim Smith worked hard and will be a welcome addition to the lineup in the finals.

You can expect a much different and more experienced Casey to take the field for next weekend's finals opener. The team will need to be at full strength after limping into the finals with just one win in its last six home and away appearances.Peter Jackson VFL

Casey Scorpions3.2.20 4.2.26 5.8.38 5.8.38

Sandringham 0.2.2 5.9.39 8.13.61 12.17.89

Goals

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris 2 King Rennie SmithSandringham Saad 4 Dennis-Lane 3 Delaney Jones Shenton SipossBest

Casey Scorpions Kennedy-Harris White Terlich SmithSandringham Pierce Siposs Cook Jones Weickhardt Saad Statistics

The more accurate Scorpions shrugged off the Zebras after a close three quarters in the development league game to win by three goals and will also feature in the finals.2015 AFL Victoria Development League

Goals

Casey Scorpions Lang 3 Fisscher Scott 2 Droessler Moncrieff O'Brien Paredes Stanlake WyattSandringham McTaggart Uthayakumar 2 Cameron Daidone Harris Jones WilliamsBest

Casey Scorpions Scott McDonald Johnson Thwaites Hillard O'BrienSandringham Laumets Fisher Woodman Maitland Wallace Hooy

Ummm, seems Toumpas wasn't as bad as some suggested. Top five for DT? Seems to me that he was actually ok. Anyone there (that knows they're Footy) see why we are offering another 2 years? I'd like to keep him. But then again, what would I know, I liked poor old Bleasey.

The Statistics:

Love some of those tackle numbers - Bail 9, JKH 10, Toumpas 7.