• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

It's a nasty, nasty place after a loss. But the best place in the world after a win. Everyone will be wonderful again when we beat the Lions.

Don't ever change Demonland.

Surely all the other team forums are exactly the same as here

It's a nasty, nasty place after a loss. But the best place in the world after a win. Everyone will be wonderful again when we beat the Lions.

I'll believe it when I see it...

Post Match should be a focus on what's going on in the coaches box! Forget the missed shots, we were out coached again, the same as we were against Collingwood! It's easy to beat Melbourne, drop an extra man in defence, put some mid field pressure on them and they'll bomb it in, ball goes to either the spare man, or to ground, weight of numbers wins out!

Would be nice if Robbo or Gerard made a point of this tonight on 360. Just ask Roos, point blank, does he actually realise how easy it is to break down this gameplan? And why doesn't he have a contingency plan for when the opposition does it? He was a little vague about this after the Collingwood match, half blaming the players for the Oxley situation. So why did it happen again against the Bombers?

Surely all the other team forums are exactly the same as here

I think Richmond's would be and Carlton's too. But I reckon we'd have the others covered. It's not often we win and it's too often we lose badly, so I doubt the emotions would fluctuate quite as severely with most of the other teams.

• Like 1

Don't ever change Demonland.

'When we beat the Lions'? I thought out of all our games for the rest of the season, Essendon was the one that was beyond doubt a win.

So we'll see what happens this week, but it's far from a foregone conclusion in my opinion.

'When we beat the Lions'? I thought out of all our games for the rest of the season, Essendon was the one that was beyond doubt a win.

So we'll see what happens this week, but it's far from a foregone conclusion in my opinion.

I was being facetious, but they're the bottom side and it's our home game. We should win.

Just watching the Hawks yesterday, their players are always in constant motion, running to assist, running to create an option, running to apply pressure. None of this static kicking down the line that dogged our game for 3 quarters saturday. Its what we must become

Every Hawthorn player has great team understanding. They all work together as a team. Until we start to work together as a team, we won't make finals, let alone crack the top 10.

Two games ago we went one on one, if Geelong push a number back we manned them up, I think at on stage we had a 9 man forward line. This week it seemed we allowed Essendon the spare Man and then two spare men I couldn't believe this, as soon as we allow a spare man in our forward 50 we are done, our mids don't kick the ball well enough. Three blokes I trust with ball in had Watts, Kent and Salem, you would add Vince but he is bag it 50m each time at the moment, the other is Jetta he never misses a target but usually kick 25-35m kicks.

Kent only because he kicks with such power he can get over the loose men. He has the ability to kick low and hard.

The thing about the Essendon game was had we come to play we would have won. Had we kicked straight, we still would have won. We didn't bother addressing the spare Essendon player, because it shouldn't have had an affect.

• Like 1

I thought out of all our games for the rest of the season, Essendon was the one that was beyond doubt a win.

Now see, as a Melbourne supporter I don't understand how you can think like this at all.
Sometimes I think confident supporters must've come down in the last shower.

There ya go, thats more like it.

Every Hawthorn player has great team understanding. They all work together as a team. Until we start to work together as a team, we won't make finals, let alone crack the top 10.

The thing about the Essendon game was had we come to play we would have won. Had we kicked straight, we still would have won. We didn't bother addressing the spare Essendon player, because it shouldn't have had an affect.

What does come to play mean??...they come to play every week, the problem is they get the confidence knocked out of them because there is no plan B on game day and they look lost and uninterested!

Maybe some of us are just sick of footy when we have been kicked in the guts for 8 yrs. There are better things to do in life than subject yourself to torment when its voluntary.

The club needs to realise that people have options to do with their limited time. My kids are just about cooked with footy. The club can't afford to lose any supporters let alone the future.

So stick to your Pollyanna outlook on life. Must be great.

Watching the Casey games has been pretty good the last few weeks. The MFC players are all contributing but they seem to have a different game plan. The Casey players are pretty good as well. Gent #10 and #11 are good to watch and are a class above some of the others. The team gets on well and big Jamar shows pretty good leadership. I get a laugh when they are singing the team song. Most don't know the words (Terlich seems to be the exception).

The lions have pushed Fremantle and Sydney over the last 2 weeks, they will get us on the weekend, expect a 5-6 goal loss

You are being generous Dr I would closer to double figures.

What does come to play mean??...they come to play every week, the problem is they get the confidence knocked out of them because there is no plan B on game day and they look lost and uninterested!

If they stick to the plan, most of the time, there's no need for a plan B. Bring tackling pressure, win the footy in close and move the ball quickly. Very simple plan really. Oh and kick straight.

• Like 1

wow, people are talking like Brisbane are a good team.

They sit dead last with 2 wins. to their name

Another game we SHOULD win, but they will come out breathing fire as its their chance to get off the bottom. If we arent ready for a fight from the opening bounce it will be a disgrace

• Like 1

Another game we SHOULD win, but they will come out breathing fire as its their chance to get off the bottom. If we arent ready for a fight from the opening bounce it will be a disgrace

You don't need to be a good team to win games.

I mean, we have 4 wins, two against top 8 sides, one against a team stacked with players from one of the greatest eras of all time.

All you need to do is play good, consistent, urgent team football. Brisbane is playing that, we're not.

The Lions will win by 8-10 goals. Bookmark it.

• Like 3

If they stick to the plan, most of the time, there's no need for a plan B. Bring tackling pressure, win the footy in close and move the ball quickly. Very simple plan really. Oh and kick straight.

There is no plan...if the opposition run out different to the team lineup published in the paper on Friday morning we are stuffed....and don't tell me our spare man in defence works when the opposition throws one back...come on, man on man, beat your direct opponent and if everyone does that you win! It's not rocket science, is football!

People were making similar comments last week and before we played the Saints and we know how those turned out.

I will be amazed if we beat the Lions. They have a poor list like us but they at least start like that can win it. We seldom achieve that.

If your team start as usually h_h they will not see which way the lions went.

• Like 2

We are better than them but if they come out pumped up and really want to win, then we will lose for sure. We get intimitdated far too easily in a big fight no matter the quality of opposition.

Edited by america de cali

We are better than them but if they come out pumped up and really want to win, then we will lose for sure.

Not sure that is true adc

I don't believe we are better with the current injuries.

The last two weeks have soon how shallow our list is in 2015.

Five players out of 22 ( 20+% ) on Saturday were VFL quality.

Post Match should be a focus on what's going on in the coaches box! Forget the missed shots, we were out coached again, the same as we were against Collingwood! It's easy to beat Melbourne, drop an extra man in defence, put some mid field pressure on them and they'll bomb it in, ball goes to either the spare man, or to ground, weight of numbers wins out!

Seriously, forget winning anytime soon unless our coaches, learn to coach on game day...don't go blaming Hogan and Co, they are out number at the contest every week...they are destroying any confidence these young blokes have bit by bit each week...come on get with it fellas and learn the lesson!!!!

The thing that has really disturbed me is our field kicking. Kent is the only MFC player who can kick it low and hard into the forward line.

Why is this skill missing from our players? Up and under bombs all day really very poor and has been going on for years

Teach the idiots to kick and worry about other things later. i cannot believe the footy department haven't addressed this.

We are better than them but if they come out pumped up and really want to win, then we will lose for sure. We get intimitdated far too easily in a big fight no matter the quality of opposition.

Come on...we are not better than anyone the way we play...no doubt there are some talented kids in the team, but if they are not allowed to 'play footy' the way they know and were taught in their junior ranks...that is man on man, beat your opponent, they will never be more than once good junior footballers.

Look at what Melbourne have done to Jack Watts, Jack Grimes, Jack Trengove, Jeremy Howe, James Frawley, and soon to be added will be Hogan, Brayshaw, vandenberg, Salem, Toumpas and the list will continue, every bit of confidence they had in themselves as footballers and probably as a people has or is being taken out of them!

Wake up and Coach on game day to win...man on man, beat your opponent...simple!

We are are a mentaly fragile side. Seems like the only requirement to beat us is their will to win is greater than ours. We don't have the capacity to withstand sides that are fairdinkum no matter where they stand on the ladder. It is arguable that all our wins this season have been against sides that didn't come to play or burdened by distractions.

Spot on.

I am genuinely suprised that this fragile state of mind still permeates through the club with PJ as CEO.

But it does. People still hope someone else will do the hard work when the heat is on....'

• Like 1

There is no plan...if the opposition run out different to the team lineup published in the paper on Friday morning we are stuffed....and don't tell me our spare man in defence works when the opposition throws one back...come on, man on man, beat your direct opponent and if everyone does that you win! It's not rocket science, is football!

The opposition don't need to send one back...we have players in our forward line that couldn't catch a cold.

• Like 1