Changes vs Cats

Bang Bang Bang

Do we take a punt and promote White from the rookie list to play off half back? Hasn't put a foot wrong at VFL level.

Don't know much about White. Perhaps he's worth a go. I dread to think how a Terlich would go.

Okay now we will get utterly smashed. Won't score over 7 goals.

If this is true, we will struggle to score 5 goals, let alone 7. What a pity it would be, because they're not actually that strong on paper. No Pedersen either. So it'll have to be Dawes and probably Fitzy in the forward 50. So ordinary, my god. Edited by AdamFarr

I have it on good authority that Hogan will not be lining up for us on Sunday.

This doesn't suprise me, and i wont be shocked to hear Brayshaw out either. Both looked really proppy towards the end of the game. This means Howe will need to play full forward for mine and we'll just have to go with a smaller forward line.

This doesn't suprise me, and i wont be shocked to hear Brayshaw out either. Both looked really proppy towards the end of the game. This means Howe will need to play full forward for mine and we'll just have to go with a smaller forward line.

Once upon a time they used to describe that sort of thing as incontrovertible evidence of "tanking" and "match fixing" and leading sports journalists like Mr. Mark Robinson would produce double page exposes on the subject. Others like Miss Wilson called it scandalous and demanded mass sackings at the club's highest level.

We need to be careful about who we let into the vault to discuss these matters.

• Like 2

So out of the options considered as "possibles" we have Pedo as No.1 for Marks i50 (ranked 2nd behind Hogan), Fitzy as No.2 (ranked 6), Dawes is 3rd (ranked 12) and then T-Mac 4th (ranked 18 as you would expect as a backman).

We haven't really seen how Fitzy goes as a permanent forward as for 1. he hasn't been able to hold down a regular game; 2. He has only played 3 matches so far this year, and 3. He has played a reasonable amount of that time switching between forward/back roles. What i'm saying is don't switch him. Let him settle for a few games at CHF and see how he and the forward line as a whole perform with him in it. It might be a disaster. But we wont know unless we try.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't put michie into a HBF role to replace grimes. Way too slow IMO. We need some run as we are already slow by foot off HB apart from T-Mac and H. Much more suited in the clinches and pushing forward occasionaly. And i think that's michie's problem. Might have some skills but struggles to get run both ways. Bail is an alternative as suggested but he is yet another NQR and we know what we are getting here. Michie really hasn't had a credible consistant run at it so far. If Bail and M Jones have been gifted so many games and really been non-performers in many of those then there's no reason why Michie shouldn't be given that chance for at least 2 to 3 as well before axing.

Not sure where your JKH reference is coming from as i certainly didn't suggest him as an "IN" at any point.

I still think you have the stat wrong, on the MFC website it has Dawes on Average and total ahead of him, but its only by a minimal amount as Fitzy has only taken one mark in our forward line this year due to him playing as a backman.

I have liked what i have seen of Fitzy down back this year and I think its the kind of thing where if I was Roosy I would not throw him into the forward line as it looks like he is actually playing decent football in the defensive role. When I am talking about limited success I am talking about his whole career leading up to this one, the games he played as a ruck/forward were pretty poor and I think that he is actually getting some continuity in his football as a backman.

As for Dawes, I think his competitive streak and lead up work is what sets him apart from all of the other options, whilst his marking is not the best, I still think he has a spot in our best 22 for his presenting up the field as a target alone. Do I think this is his spot for 2 or so more years, not if he doesn't improve but this year, with all of the injuries currently also, there is no way we can not select him as a forward if he is ready to play.

Michie played his best football last year across half back, whilst i agree he is slow, it is more just to give him one more shot this week. He is not going to be a midfielder in our team and half back is a spot which we need to sure up. That said i think his time is up at Melbourne but who knows.

The JKH comment was just meant to be in general, i could not be bothered throwing the multi quote in, sorry

resting Hogan??? there is a bye in the next round!!!

Could be a chance to give him and Gus and extended break. Rest them for Geelong, give them the bye, rest them for Darwin which takes it's toll on the fitest of players and then have them return fresh as a Daisy to run out the final 9 rounds?

Could be a chance to give him and Gus and extended break. Rest them for Geelong, give them the bye, rest them for Darwin which takes it's toll on the fitest of players and then have them return fresh as a Daisy to run out the final 9 rounds?

If that happens AAC there will be absolutely no reason to watch the MFC till july11

Once upon a time they used to describe that sort of thing as incontrovertible evidence of "tanking" and "match fixing" and leading sports journalists like Mr. Mark Robinson would produce double page exposes on the subject. Others like Miss Wilson called it scandalous and demanded mass sackings at the club's highest level.

We need to be careful about who we let into the vault to discuss these matters.

Jack, we tanked once and obviously now we're not. Other clubs did it too and went unpunished. It's a bloody joke, but let's move on.

resting Hogan??? there is a bye in the next round!!!

He was having a lot of work done on his back during the intervals last week. I suspect it's just cautionary.

if you met me you would rethink that comment :lol:

• Like 1

So with Grimes, Pedo and maybe Hogan out and a sunday game we need SEVEN names to come in tonight for the extended bench

so who can we copme up with????

Dawes,

Spencer

Harmes,

Jamar,

Bail,

Mckenzie,

Fitzy

If ANB/Mitchie/Riley get dropped then we'll need to think of more names!!

I feel nauseous

• Like 1

I don't know but usually the general means one week so I would expect him to be back after our bye.

Doesn't make sense we have 13 days break between games after we play Geelong, if he plays he takes their best defender, so if he misses this week the general soreness line is BS

Now that i think about it Triple M last week were saying Hogan was getting alot of work done on his upper hamstring which in turns comes from his back. So i guess its best to give him 2 weeks off.