Dion Prestia

3 minutes ago, brendan said:

I watched that and he said coming to MELBOURNE Never mentioned the MFC He was talking about the city 

Correct. 

He should have said Victoria, because that is clearly what he meant. 

15 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Don't underestimate a desperate Richmond. This is the same club that chased a coked up Ben Cousins to drag fans through the turns.

If they want Prestia they will get him.

Like they got Treloar?

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Adzman said:

Don't underestimate a desperate Richmond. This is the same club that chased a coked up Ben Cousins to drag fans through the turns.

If they want Prestia they will get him.

The same club that threw everything at Treloar and .... that's right C/Wood got him.

No one wanted Cousins, not many interested in Yarran, had to fight the battle to get Hampson. There track record is not good, the only one they got right recently was the Doc picking up Trenners injury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vineytime said:

More reliable than most...

Was adamant for a month last year leading up to the draft that we were taking Charlie Curnow at pick 3...

He is like everyone else that plays the guessing game.

Not really that reliable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

These constant knee issues don't exactly fill me with confidence. Do we sell the farm for a bloke who will struggle to get on the park? Not sure we can take that sort of risk right now. 

Sell the farm? Who mentioned selling the farm? One first rounder is hardly selling the farm.

Edited by AdamFphlebeb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Abe said:

Sounds like Brad Couch is absolutely in the game for the Vic clubs so that makes things very interesting.

Can I please have them both, Grandpa? 

7 hours ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Sell the farm? Who mentioned selling the farm? One first rounder is hardly selling the farm.

When we've already traded one away, it could hurt to trade away another. 

You must be getting nervous though. Persistent knee issues could scare us away. 

• Like 1

The knee injuries would have to have sent a scare through the Richmond camps who are said to have put big dollars on the table, massive investment for an injury prone player, not sure they can afford the gamble.

Personally i think both Richmond and Carlton should be re-building through the draft, and we're in more of a position to look at bringing in someone like Dion, given our core group is already established.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

When we've already traded one away, it could hurt to trade away another. 

You must be getting nervous though. Persistent knee issues could scare us away. 

I'm not nervous as I've already invented reasons why he and his manager would go down the injury management path at this stage. ;)

But seriously, I'm confident we wouldn't go after him if it was degenerative.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fingers said:

So what exactly *is* the Prestia connection to the MFC?

Family are hard core Dee supporters and last i heard his family were supplying the fruit to the Football club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fingers said:

So what exactly *is* the Prestia connection to the MFC?

he followed us as a kid and from all reports his entire family are mad dees, some are even coterie member, and still are even though he plays for the suns. 

6 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Wants top dollar apparently 

Then IMO he will be at Carlton or Richmond as they will be prepared to pay up and will have better picks to offer GCS.

Which to be honest wont worry me.

If we add Hibberd, Prestia and Melksham I think we all hope our first round pick for 2017 will be about 12-14.

That ain't getting it done for a bloke that starts next year as a 24 year old, entering his prime, already averaging 23 disposals a game.

Yes, he's got knee issues, but so did Shaune Burgoyne, who also nominated Hawthorn, and the Hawks gave pick 9 and Mark Williams.

I'd say Gold Coast will begin by demanding our 2017 1st Round pick and a quality player like Brayshaw/Petracca/Salem/Oliver, and we'll hope to get it done with the 1st round pick and someone like Neal-Bullen/Harmes/vandenBerg/Trengove/swap of 2nd and 4th round picks etc.

• Like 1

You can only pay on current market value imo. Not on what he's done or has the potential to do. It's a classic risk vs reward scenario with a player like Prestia. Dodgy knee, missed chunks of consecutive seasons, has looked okay when playing but hardly a game-breaking player that wouldn't give any cause to handing over our 2017 first rounder and a player.

His age is the most influential factor in all of this and the fact that his ability to overcome injury is still most likely positive.

I still think both clubs have factored in his pending departure in last years trade period with the shuffling of picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if our 2017 first rounder comes into play for a KPD.

3 minutes ago, McQueen said:

You can only pay on current market value imo. Not on what he's done or has the potential to do. It's a classic risk vs reward scenario with a player like Prestia. Dodgy knee, missed chunks of consecutive seasons, has looked okay when playing but hardly a game-breaking player that wouldn't give any cause to handing over our 2017 first rounder and a player.

His age is the most influential factor in all of this and the fact that his ability to overcome injury is still most likely positive.

I still think both clubs have factored in his pending departure in last years trade period with the shuffling of picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if our 2017 first rounder comes into play for a KPD.

I hope that is what it is used for Steve. Our backline has one quality big man at present.

2 hours ago, old dee said:

I hope that is what it is used for Steve. Our backline has one quality big man at present.

Omac and Frost are both growing into their roles and will continue to do so, OD. That'll be three KPDs in 2 years time. If we land Hurley, great, but I don't actually think we're doing that badly for KPDs. 

The major deficiency on our list, IMO, is in the midfield. We need more class, speed and guys in that 22-25 age bracket.

I'd be going full pelt at Prestia and Brad Crouch. I'd give up our 2017 first rounder for Prestia and I'd be prepared to give up someone like Kent or Salem if it landed us Crouch.

Edited by AdamFphlebeb

2 hours ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Omac and Frost are both growing into their roles and will continue to do so, OD. That'll be three KPDs in 2 years time. If we land Hurley, great, but I don't actually think we're doing that badly for KPDs. 

The major deficiency on our list, IMO, is in the midfield. We need more class, speed and guys in that 22-25 age bracket.

I'd be going full pelt at Prestia and Brad Crouch. I'd give up our 2017 first rounder for Prestia and I'd be prepared to give up someone like Kent or Salem if it landed us Crouch.

I do not believe that O mac will make it and Frost will be useful at best but neither will help us rise into the top eight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I do not believe that O mac will make it and Frost will be useful at best but neither will help us rise into the top eight.

oscar is depth...a fill in.. Frosty...hmm... hmmmm..hmmmmmmmm.  Hes raw....refine him...might be interesting..just saying ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

oscar is depth...a fill in.. Frosty...hmm... hmmmm..hmmmmmmmm.  Hes raw....refine him...might be interesting..just saying ;)

I have heard that Roos rates O Mac very highly as do the other coaches.  They believe he will be our best key defender 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

I have heard that Roos rates O Mac very highly as do the other coaches.  They believe he will be our best key defender 

says more about Roos for mine

• Like 2