Does Brayshaw play round 1?

Wrecker45

OK I can do the multiquote thing too. I said since day dot that "brayshaw needs to have a bigger impact than the player he is replacing for the selection to be justified" in what way have I wavered?

We will once again field a side that is in the bottom 2-3 for games played, it is why we lose. We should be trying to RAISE that average, not reduce it further by increasing the amount of kids out there

ps you yourself said, immediately after making this post, that AB's form has been largely exaggerated. It seems to me that the handful of posters in this thread who have actually SEEN Casey play this year agree with that assessment. Others are just deciding to say 'he has dominated every week' which appears to be total garbage. Even if it were the case, it has been 2-3 practice matches at VFL level, in no way is that considered a consistent output worthy of promotion if we are a serious football club.

Good point - but as I just posted, for me it is about having too many kids out there. Salem, Hogan, Toumpas, Kent etc all of these guys are every chance to have nil impact on Saturday. It is just the way it goes. Brayshaw would be another. Bail and MJones have played decent games before (not many) but as more experienced/bigger bodies they stand a greater chance of doing something when the heat is on against the big boys. As I said, I've done the figures on this. Your ladder position equals how many average games your 22 has played, for the very obvious reason that kids generally get outmuscled and outclassed by their senior opponents.

I just want winning games of football to be prioritised over appeasing desperate supporters' desires to see some kid. I agree with you in that I back whatever decision they make.. he is likely to be the sub either way I suppose so it's not going to make a big difference in reality

You might be right, but basically everybody on this thread who actually saw the Scorps games says his performance has been overrated - and it's praccy matches anyway. So I would suggest he has NOT shown he is 'ready and deserves a call up' .. yet

I said I would stand by whatever decision is made.

It's a day early to be saying whether it's right or wrong.

Odds are still in favour of Brayshaw doing nil and us losing comfortably.

no i'll be saying 'that's all you can expect from a zero-gamer'

so you're declaring now that Brayshaw WILL play better than Grimes would have hypothetically played, and therefore his selection increases our chances of winning the match?

FFS what are you even talking about

we are favourites to lose the match

it is more than likely any debutant is not going to have much impact

what part am I making up

That's just not true though. I am no Grimes fan boy but he at least gets amongst the best players now and then. I bet you were glad he was playing in the moment captured below in my signature. He's played 86 games which counts for something, that's why he was handy in defense in that close win. The percentage play, in order to win the match, would be to select him over a zero-gamer. That's all I've ever said, and it can't be called 'wrong' it is basic logic.

edit: oh it's not there. I'm talking the adelaide win where his most notable effort was to textbook spoil dangerfield who would have certainly put the crows in front

when was all this 'proven' about AB? For mine, nobody has 'proven' anything until they've done what they do in an AFL game for premiership points on a consistent basis

surely I don't need to explain that I wasn't suggesting he would have zero touches

He needs to do more to contribute to a win than one of the blokes he tipped out (Grimes/MJones) would have done

does it? we are not even talking about casey form, we are talking about casey practice match form which is an extra rung down

besides, all you know is that a few here, based on nothing, said he 'has dominated every game' while most that actually saw the games disagreed entirely

how about this? I'll bet you that Brayshaw's supercoach score tomorrow is less than Matt Jones' average score from last year. Deal/?

As thevil1 has pointed out Grimes spot has been taken by Salem playing a new role. Brayshaw is not responsible for Grimes or any of the other six players missing any more than Vanders, Frosty or any of the others who,have earned their spots. The only one to blame is themselves and I suspect that they will all get a run in the starting 22 as soon as they force there way back via Casey.

I've conceded that, taking positions/roles into account, it's most likely matt jones that has been outsted at the expense of Brayshaw. Lumumba, Howe and Salem have taken the role that Grimes used to occupy.

OK I can do the multiquote thing too. I said since day dot that "brayshaw needs to have a bigger impact than the player he is replacing for the selection to be justified" in what way have I wavered?

Really looks like you have had too much Curry and not enough Beer today because something looks to be giving you the $hits

• Like 1

Really looks like you have had too much Curry and not enough Beer today because something looks to be giving you the $hits

just reiterating my initial position:

"brayshaw needs to have a bigger impact than the player he is replacing for the selection to be justified"

what's your take?

"brayshaw needs to have a bigger impact than the player he is replacing for the selection to be justified"

what's your take?

Do you do this for every selection? Are we to expect this of you every week when someone is dropped for another player?

• Like 1

what's your take?

That tells me that the older more experienced guys haven't shown enough to make the spots theirs. I hope Bradshaw takes the opportunity with both hands and makes the position his to lose.

I'll never have a problem with the coaches debuting a kid because unless he gets a go how do we know if he is up for it? VFL form will only tell you so much but these older blokes have to be held to a higher standard because we know what they bring to the team.

It's now up to the likes of michie, grimes, bail, m jones etc to crash down the coaches door and earn that spot back. At the same time Brayshaw has the chance now to prove his draft status and stay in the side and develope into the player we hope he will be.

Anyone who multiple quotes their posts to that extreme clearly has a good grip on themself. I support the team selection for round 1. I'm not an assistant coach or Saty and I believe they are making the right decisions.

• Like 1

Do you do this for every selection? Are we to expect this of you every week when someone is dropped for another player?

Yes. Why else would you drop a player to bring in another, if the ultimate goal was not to win the game of footy this week? I can only infer that you are suggesting that bringing the likes of Brayshaw in is building our future, and that is the crux of the argument - we need to WIN games and we need to win them NOW. We are not in a position to be reducing the % of a win , in order to get games into kids.. in case you hadn't noticed, we have been shizen for 8 years, with our very existence in doubt, with zero respect from the community, and members fleeing the sinking ship like wet rats. Seriously, what is your criteria for selecting a player? For me, for the thousandth time, it is whether that player is more likely to get us a win than his predecessor. That is the only thing that matters

Anyone who multiple quotes their posts to that extreme clearly has a good grip on themself. I support the team selection for round 1. I'm not an assistant coach or Saty and I believe they are making the right decisions.

that's a joke post isn't it? you went through the thread and multi-quoted me. I do the exact same thing and you call it 'not having a grip'. Wow.

Keep liking stuies posts, that's the level you're at, a level that deserves little respect

Yes. Why else would you drop a player to bring in another, if the ultimate goal was not to win the game of footy this week? I can only infer that you are suggesting that bringing the likes of Brayshaw in is building our future, and that is the crux of the argument - we need to WIN games and we need to win them NOW. We are not in a position to be reducing the % of a win , in order to get games into kids.. in case you hadn't noticed, we have been shizen for 8 years, with our very existence in doubt, with zero respect from the community, and members fleeing the sinking ship like wet rats. Seriously, what is your criteria for selecting a player? For me, for the thousandth time, it is whether that player is more likely to get us a win than his predecessor. That is the only thing that matters

And you have answered your own question.

Clearly the club believe Brayshaw, on current form, has the potential to contribute more on the field in his position than the other players who missed out. No idea why that is so hard for you to understand.

• Like 2

And you have answered your own question.

Clearly the club believe Brayshaw, on current form, has the potential to contribute more on the field in his position than the other players who missed out. No idea why that is so hard for you to understand.

Too much curry & beer obviously.

You were saying before the Essendon game that Roos would not pick Brayshaw and do to him what happened to Watts. You were certain Roos would not pick him, but you were wrong. Now get over it. You make more sense when talking about inside 50's.

Brayshaw isn't replacing anyone in the team because we haven't had a game yet this year.

That tells me that the older more experienced guys haven't shown enough to make the spots theirs. I hope Bradshaw takes the opportunity with both hands and makes the position his to lose.

I'll never have a problem with the coaches debuting a kid because unless he gets a go how do we know if he is up for it? VFL form will only tell you so much but these older blokes have to be held to a higher standard because we know what they bring to the team.

It's now up to the likes of michie, grimes, bail, m jones etc to crash down the coaches door and earn that spot back. At the same time Brayshaw has the chance now to prove his draft status and stay in the side and develope into the player we hope he will be.

agreed in general, but again, my main priority is doing everything we possibly can to get the 4 premiership points tomorrow. Of course I hope like hell that Brayshaw is BOG tomorrow and we knock those pricks off, for our first round 1 win in ten years. BUT, all logic suggests that scenario is unlikely, and that Grimes or MJones would be more advantageous to the cause

and again, i support the backing of a young player. But at this moment, his CV says 'amongst the best in a couple of VFL practice games' and that is it

agreed in general, but again, my main priority is doing everything we possibly can to get the 4 premiership points tomorrow. Of course I hope like hell that Brayshaw is BOG tomorrow and we knock those pricks off, for our first round 1 win in ten years. BUT, all logic suggests that scenario is unlikely, and that Grimes or MJones would be more advantageous to the cause

and again, i support the backing of a young player. But at this moment, his CV says 'amongst the best in a couple of VFL practice games' and that is it

This is the part where you are completely wrong and obviously Roos and the selection panel would disagree also...

that's a joke post isn't it? you went through the thread and multi-quoted me. I do the exact same thing and you call it 'not having a grip'. Wow.

Keep liking stuies posts, that's the level you're at, a level that deserves little respect

Keep digging the hole deeper Curry... again

• Like 1

agreed in general, but again, my main priority is doing everything we possibly can to get the 4 premiership points tomorrow.

You say this as though the club don't have the 4 points on their mind but would rather blood a young fella like Brayshaw. You couldn't be more wrong about that and you know it, so stop using it to further your argument as it's silly.

The club has put the best 22 players out there that are available based on their pre-season form and what they can contribute currently in their position.

• Like 1

Can you also do the multiple arguments in one post thing?

interesting that you can apparently have form without even playing

You mean that "excellent" form of Matt Jones and Bail? Non-entities with almost no impact? Jones, who can't even stick a tackle? And gives away countless free kicks? And the endless clangers all over the park?

Interesting definition of "form".

Back on track....

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-11-27/highlights-angus-brayshaw

I just watched Gus' highlights as a junior again. Even if he doesn't find much ball, if he puts his body on the line with these tackles, smothers, and second & third efforts.. he will be contibuting to better the team.

Pure class and elite disposals! Just such a shame that we don't have Petracca out there as well!

Back on track....

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-11-27/highlights-angus-brayshaw

I just watched Gus' highlights as a junior again. Even if he doesn't find much ball, if he puts his body on the line with these tackles, smothers, and second & third efforts.. he will be contibuting to better the team.

The kid is a better kick on his non-preferred left foot then half the players on our team are on their preferred foot!

Can't wait to see him out there tomorrow, will be cheering every touch he has.

The percentage play, in order to win the match, would be to select him over a zero-gamer. That's all I've ever said, and it can't be called 'wrong' it is basic logic.

It doesn't stack up for a team like us. I haven't looked at any stats but I would doubt that any team has as many ordinary experienced players as we have, usually teams experienced players are their best players they usually don't hold on to experienced ordinary players like we do.

Looking at Collingwood's VFL side only Dwyer has experience while we have discounting Dawes and Vince who are regular senior players we have Terlich, M.Jones, Bail, McKenzie and Grimes. Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Spencer have been around a while too, we carry far too many ordinary experienced players.

Your top 6 players win you games (most teams best 6 are usually experienced players) so the players that are likely to have a major contribution to the game are N.Jones, Tyson, Lumumba, Dunn, Cross and Garlett.

Grimes has had plenty of chances to be one of our best players and continually failed, we have lost faith in him so give someone else a go if that is a 3rd year player or a first gamer so be it.

If Grimes was playing I wouldn't expect him to have a impact because he hasn't been up to it for a long time and I would be disappointed if he put in another poor performance because he should be better with the experience he has had.

I don't expect anything special from Brayshaw either but he's just a kid I can live with that. If your going to blame Brayshaw if we lose you are really pointing the finger at the wrong player.

• Like 2