Mitch Clark's 6 goals - how ... 'depressing'.

bush demon

you then go on to explain how you completely agree with what I have said

this site is amazing sometimes

I don't completely agree with you.

I agree with a lot of your arguments - I just don't agree with the vitriol and that he took a big steamy one on us.

I just think he followed his doctors orders and I don't agree with the opinion proffered by his doctor.

No, I don't mate. I hate it. That's the point. I am sick to death of having zero elite players and losing every week. Clark was the first elite player we have had in forever and look at the unbelievable circumstances that have seen him end up at f--king geelong. I'm actually in disbelief that somebody is arguing this with me TBH.

I must tell Nate Jones you don't rate him, as for that we have another one ready to rock who I am really looking forward to seeing this year Dom Tyson, that's 2

Not arguing, trying to debate, Clark was injured a lot of the time, there is no evidence that he would have eventually managed to return to full fitness, and help the club become successful, everybody hated the coach we had at the time, would Roos now be coach if all these hypotheticals had happened, he even had issues at Brisbane, who knows if he won't get the same at Geelong

It is just yours and others vitriol, not based on fact

And similar to Nut, he was following doctors orders, except I tend to think that the doctors opinion may have been correct, although some don't like it

Edited by The Devil Inside

No, I don't mate. I hate it. That's the point.

+1

I too, out of some stupid, obviously misplaced sense of loyalty buy my membership every year and watch garbage football.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

Nut, only differ slightly,

Once a player leaves MFC, I lose interest in them,, although I must admit have had a chat to a few away from fhe footy environment, as a human being

Not sure about your opinion on the changing of the environment though, have had experience over the years with certain people with depression and one of the first things looked at is environment, I am sure if I found myself in this position, I would follow any advice given

As for Roos being livid, I do find this a stretch, talking to him myself I have always found him to be, a player wants out, bye, replace

On Roos - I was only quoting a poster that seems to have some cred ( may or may not be true).

I actually don't lose interest them - I invest too much. For example - on Rivers - near the end of his career and wanted to play finals - I quite like seeing him play well ( except against us of course).

I absolutely get the change of environment - but to me - is it the club environment or the being an AFL footballer environment. Is there any less pressure to perform at Cats ? If he gets injured at Geelong will he feel any less guilty ?

C&B was right that Clarks actions are disliked by the general football public - Anthony Hudson mentioned halfway through the third quarter that "Dees supports would feel livid about Clarks performance". He is a geelong supporter and can feel that sentiment ! He is only echoing what many are feeling - it is not restricted to just Dees supporters.

Clark specifically said that he felt guilty about taking our money and not playing - one of his reasons for retiring. I restate my opinion that he either needed a change of environment meaning away from football but if he is mentally healthy enough for all the rigors of playing, training and travelling then the best way to ease the guilt of getting paid by the MFC and not playing is to feel good about yourself and giving back to the club.

I 100% agree with you that he was given that advice to change and followed it - if I was comfortable with my mental health professional I too would probably follow his advice - I just don't agree with the advice. ( I think I am more dirty with the advice he was given than Clark himself !)

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1

Curry & Beer, on 13 Mar 2015 - 2:59 PM, said:

You don't love the club as much as I do and/or you don't understand the injustice of the blow we have been dealt

If you did you would be equally as angry

Mate.....Please.....This isn't a p1ssing contest.....I have been a jrn and senior member for the past 50 years......I bought memberships even though I couldn't get to games because I was playing or in later years working

I am an MCC member so don't have to be a member of the footy club but still buy a full membership

I cried as a lad when Barassi left

So how about you get off your soapbox and get off the angry pills......You'll feel much better.

• Like 4

So how about you get off your soapbox and get off the angry pills......You'll feel much better.

Easy for you to say.

Obviously seen a few Melbourne flags.

Edited by Fork 'em

Fork 'em, on 13 Mar 2015 - 4:07 PM, said:

Easy for you to say.

One in 64.........Make you feel better.....I was 13....Can't remember it all that well

Easy for you to say.

I have seen two but I don't see what that has to do with it.

He is gone and remember that saying that is close to

"Hate consumes the Hater way more the the Hated"

Edited by old dee

Each and every one of you fine people had said something constructive here on the sad and sorry saga of Mitch Clark.

The fact of the matter is and was, if you follow the chain of events carefully, that Mitch Clark NEVER WANTED TO PLAY FOR MELBOURNE.

He only wanted the money, full stop.

For starters, I have not seen, spoken to or otherwise, of any MFC or MCC member who supports Melbourne (and I am both a paid up MFC & MCC Member), that

had any confidence in the accuracy of the Medical Report originally issued on Mitch Clark, and I can count a number of doctors amongst my MFC friends when meeting up year round in the Long Room.

Question marks therefore hang over the Original Medical Report.

Secondly, the fact that he did retire afterwards must surely have rung alarm bells down at that club of ours, as to what Clark's real intentions were, and that being, to leave Melbourne at the earliest opportunity, hoping and waiting in the meantime that A POWER CLUB, was there to do a deal and take him.

THAT POWER CLUB came along in the form of GEELONG, who AFTER THEIR OWN DOCTORS CHECKED CLARK OVER - took him on, no further questions asked.

What puzzles and annoys me most here is how quickly medical opinion can change when the condition of DEPRESSION is mentioned and also how slow Melbourne was in seeing this coming.

Before, during and after all of this happened with Clark, Melbourne kept quiet about the whole thing, and gave the impression in the end, that they simply wanted to get rid off Clark.

The AFL in the meantime, simply allowed the whole deal to go through without comment, after all, the transfer of a so-called POWER FORWARD transferring to A POWER CLUB, is right up the AFL's alley, isn't it ?

Personally, I think Clark will break down, but not before he plays a few top games for Geelong, given how immaculately the ball will be supplied to him down there, in contrast to how it was supplied to him at Melbourne.

The other issue on the Clark Saga is the issue of Clark's desire and determination to leave Melbourne and go to a club possessing a WINNING CULTURE.

Put simply, Clark could hardly wait to leave Melbourne.

• Like 6

Without going back into the rumours I would like to tar and feather that little vixen that may have cost us two big men who are likely to dominate this season for other clubs.

Though ones got a dodgy knee and the other a dodgy foot. She might have done us a favour

I have seen two but I don't see what that has to do with it.

He is gone and remember that saying that is close to

"Hate consumes the Hater way more the the Hated"

they also say fortune favours the brave.....well 50 years now i've bravely been a fan despite all obstacles and tribulations, but still no fortune :)

they also say fortune favours the brave.....well 50 years now i've bravely been a fan despite all obstacles and tribulations, but still no fortune :)

I think you are confusing Brave with Stupidity dc

It isn't hard to get diagnosed with clinical depression, I know people who allegedly do it for work.

Exactly. I can tell you this from personal experience.

Psychologists are like GP's they tell you what you want to hear, if they don't they know you will go elsewhere which costs them money.

Chops acting like he knows everything about CD is BS there is no scan that tells you that you have CD or not, it's all guess work that's why it can be rorted. The only person that knows wether or not Clark has CD is himself.

The thing that gets me is his move to Geelong due to medical advice, they don't just come out and say change clubs just for the sake of changing clubs he must have had a problem with the Dees. What were they? Is it just because we keep on losing or is it something deeper? I think we have the right to know.

The thing that is going to make me sick is that he will be a feel good story while we look like shite.

• Like 1

so now you acknowledge my bravery.....thanks (i knew you didn't really think i was stupid)

I think every MFC supporter who has been on board for the last 50 years is not quite the full dollar dc.

• Like 2

Whichever view of the whole MC saga you take, I cannot forgive him for not apologising to the MFC more profusely in public after all the support we gave him. All I recall is that he said he felt guilty - maybe I missed a detailed statement from him? - in which case I retract. For a man to bravely admit to depression in public, why the silence? Did he feel so guilty that he just wanted to hide?