FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

Howe for Kennedy ???

This club is as weak as [censored]

How can I be wrong when the deal hasnt been done yet ?

Seriously? Your defence is that the deal has not been done and yet you say the club is weak as [censored]. I presume for the deal they have not done.

Edited by ManDee

Seedsman seems to have narrowed his destination down to adelaide and gold coast...

3-way trade to keep the original plan?

Howe to Collingwood

Seedsman to Gold Coast

Gold Coast gives us whatever or we do the original pick swapping that's been discussed to move up to pick 3 etc?

Seedsman seems to have narrowed his destination down to adelaide and gold coast...

3-way trade to keep the original plan?

Howe to Collingwood

Seedsman to Gold Coast

Gold Coast gives us whatever or we do the original pick swapping that's been discussed to move up to pick 3 etc?

I think that we get dudded on this deal unless Collingwood also throw in Kennedy for us!

Losing Kennedy and Seedsman to gain Howe is probably a reasonably good return for Collingwood.

Two fringe players they're happy to push out the door.

It won't be enough for Gold Coast to give up 3 for 6 though, unless we have a swap of later picks perhaps (our 2nd rounder for their 3rd or 4th? Something similar to the Tyson deal?)

In my mind, I'd be thinking something like this. Thoughts? I'm trying to work out who wins in the deal and cant. There is upside and downside for all three clubs.

Melbourne

In: Pick 3, Kennedy, Pick 26

Out: Howe, Pick 6, Pick 25

Gold Coast

In: Pick 6, Seedsman, Pick 25

Out: Pick 3, Pick 35

Collingwood

In: Howe, Pick 35

Out: Kennedy, Seedsman, Pick 26

None. He is a star. He has a better inside game than Goddard did at the same age, and he is isn't afraid to lay a tackle. I think the main thing that stands out about Francis is he is a great decision maker, and he reads the play exceptionally well. I couldn't have Parish ahead of him, I couldn't have him anywhere near him.

Those are strengths, but the reasons he may slide from pick 3 are his endurance (needs work, some clubs feel the base is too low for him to become a midfielder) and his height probably means he won't hold down a KP post full time. When he played on Schache he was beaten clearly. Lost concentration and tried to do too many individual things and got away from team principles.

Like his closest AFL comparison in Goddard, he can lose focus and be undisciplined on field if things aren't going his way, this hurt South Australia a couple of times this year.

I think he's a top notch prospect, but if he was flawless, he'd be in the conversation for pick 1/2. Currently, the feeling is he may slide further down inside the first 10.

• Like 3

No..

You were just wrong and Wiseblood made you look like a peanut.

Is that the same wise blood that said Callum Sinclair won't be traded under any circumstances?????

Lol everyone seems to be tradable these days you probably have 4 guys at every club that's untouchable .

• Like 1

None. He is a star. He has a better inside game than Goddard did at the same age, and he is isn't afraid to lay a tackle. I think the main thing that stands out about Francis is he is a great decision maker, and he reads the play exceptionally well. I couldn't have Parish ahead of him, I couldn't have him anywhere near him.

Goddard was pretty bad in his first few years, IIRC.

In my mind, I'd be thinking something like this. Thoughts? I'm trying to work out who wins in the deal and cant. There is upside and downside for all three clubs.

Melbourne

In: Pick 3, Kennedy, Pick 26

Gold Coast

Collingwood

Out: Kennedy, Seedsman, Pick 26

That deal is terrible for Collingwood - it rates Howe = Kennedy + Seedsman + 9 pick downgrade

If we REALLY want pick 3 and rate Kennedy then

Melbourne

In: Pick 3, Kennedy

Gold Coast

Collingwood

Out: Kennedy, Seedsman,

But it sounds like Seedsman wants to go to Adelaide not GC - no-one wants to go to GC!

Reckon the Howe deal is almost certainly holding up proceedings and so it should. That is the deal likely to net us the best gain. We can do the Melksham and Bugg deals later.

They won't give up Elliot though.,

yeah I agree, I just hope we are reminding them of the true value of howe before their expected ridiculous offer. The carry on with Beams last year and now complaining about Treloar

coming from the person using exclamation marks - I hope you taking on your own advice

Never knew that 2 exclamation marks (one for each sentence) in a paragraph could be so unsettling for someone, but there you go. lol

I prefer mine.

However, time to play hard ball. We tell Pies the deal is Howe to you, Seedsman to GC, Kennedy to us, our 6 to GC for their 3, a pick to Pies for Seedsman which goes to us, or they give us one to get Bugg or Melksham. Also deal has to be done this week, or we put him in the draft. They would lose Howe and have an unhappy Kennedy.

Yep. Like that stance Redleg.

Never knew that 2 exclamation marks (one for each sentence) in a paragraph could be so unsettling for someone, but there you go. lol

Yep. Like that stance Redleg.

As satisfying as it might be to put Howe in the draft, I'd rather we nut it out for a few days so that we actually get some decent compensation.

Update from Mahoney

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-15/dees-on-track-in-trade-period

“We have gone down that path with Gold Coast Suns, after Jeremy had met with them. Right now that is the best trade option for us as a club, if Jeremy was to decide [to leave].

“We’ve had no other club approach us about a potential trade for Jeremy at this stage.

“We also have not received any indication from Jeremy’s management on other interested clubs.”

• Like 1