A suggestion..?

watchtheeyes

A suggestion...

Perhaps we can have a weekly thread dedicated strictly to Training Q & A. That is to say, a summary of training is put up by whoever is gracious enough to do so and the ONLY comments not removed are direct questions regarding that training session itself.

I realise that at first this may place some burden on the already limited time of the wonderful moderators of this site , however this wouldn't be for long as the vandals would quickly be dissuaded.

Can I add that it would be the greatest of travesties if someone like TDI/Saty was forced off this site after giving so much of his time and passion to the community. Those reveling in and contributing to his demise should hang their head in shame and hope that their actions don't force a dramatic fall in readers, which to me would seem inevitable.

• Like 12

So not the reports like we WERE getting before, but a place for people to abuse discuss other peoples idiotic different opinions about when if "insert player name" is going to become elite after round 1 the end of the season by the way they are training the house down right now?

Sounds great!

But seriously, i do not think it will help the training reports getting derailed, the only thing that will stop that is "insert fix here".

Just to emphasis my point. This proposed thread would effectively be stand alone, if someone wanted to start a separate training thread where we all take undignified pot shots at each other than they can.

So you have:

"Moderated Training 9th of February"

And:

"Training 9th of February"

Seems like a solution to me, everybody has what they want.

I don't think we need to go to that extreme.

Maybe we should just all realise we need to lift our game a bit and look past the stuff that pisses us off and keep the conversation sensible and without malice.

I think there's a few too many sensitive types here that get offended by someone who they don't even know who operates under an alias. About time they started to evolve with social media and know that people other than themselves have varying opinions and by putting their thought out there they open them up to criticism and sometimes, where warranted, ridicule.

• Like 3

A suggestion...

Perhaps we can have a weekly thread dedicated strictly to Training Q & A. That is to say, a summary of training is put up by whoever is gracious enough to do so and the ONLY comments not removed are direct questions regarding that training session itself.

I realise that at first this may place some burden on the already limited time of the wonderful moderators of this site , however this wouldn't be for long as the vandals would quickly be dissuaded.

Can I add that it would be the greatest of travesties if someone like TDI/Saty was forced off this site after giving so much of his time and passion to the community. Those reveling in and contributing to his demise should hang their head in shame and hope that their actions don't force a dramatic fall in readers, which to me would seem inevitable.

To be honest i'm getting a little tired of the woe is Saty /please come back Saty/Saty is being forced off the DL etc etc comments.

Yes much of the back and forth between Saty and his detractors can be tiresome but for Pete's sake Saty is just as much to blame for derailing threads into bickerfests - perhaps more so.

Why more so? Well mainly because he has admitted on any number of occasions that he deliberately winds people up for his own amusement. I repeat he admits he winds peole up for his own amusement. Borderline trolling. So forgive me if i don't feel all sorry for him and beg from him to continue posting.

I actually had Saty on ignore for a long time precisely because of his trolling (the final straw for me was his vociferous defense of the ex casey coach's very public and out of line comments about MFC players x 2: apparently it is not on for DL posters to bag dees players but perfectly ok for a Casey coach to do so. But i digress).

But i took him off ignore because i enjoy his training reports and don't bother reading the back and forth so i could care less about them derailing threads. No one is compelled to read anything.

But please peeps by choosing to deliberately wind people up he rescinds his right to play the poor wounded, hard done by club stalwart.

• Like 4

Whether Saty contributes to the derailing or not is beside the point. It happens, and that is all that matters. I think we all enjoy the training reports so take measures which removes all chance of the derailing occurring.

I don't think that's extreme, I think its a completely proportional response to what appears inevitable. Appealing to people's common good is pointless in this, as it is to everything in life.

Personally I just skip the derailing stuff and read what suits me, some healthy debate on players, the club, the state of the game and where the AFL is headed.

I really enjoy the back and forth with some posters who sometimes share similar views and sometimes do not. The debate is healthy and my views will change if someone gives me a good enough reason that is well thought out, expressed and backed up.

• Like 5

Whether Saty contributes to the derailing or not is beside the point. It happens, and that is all that matters. I think we all enjoy the training reports so take measures which removes all chance of the derailing occurring.

Fair enough. I suggested something similar some months ago - admittedly half in in jest.

I see the bickering as unresolved sexual tension al la the trope in American movies and TV shows (eg moonlighting). Seen through this lens it is quite funny.

• Like 2

Fair enough. I suggested something similar some months ago - admittedly half in in jest.

I see the bickering as unresolved sexual tension al la the trope in American movies and TV shows (eg moonlighting). Seen through this lens it is quite funny.

[censored] funny. :)

Saty contributes interesting information with his first hand reports on training.

Thats valuable data for those (like myself) who can't get to training and are interested to hear how we're travelling.

I find the bickering, point scoring etc so tedious, that it gets questionable the value of scrolling (rapidly) through 2-3 pages of rubbish to read an interesting observation made by someone who's made the effort to be there.

Saty may play along, but like an arrogant forward, he keeps producing the goods so his foibles are overlooked. Less so those who contribute nothing but foibles...

• Like 2

Saty contributes interesting information with his first hand reports on training.

Thats valuable data for those (like myself) who can't get to training and are interested to hear how we're travelling.

I find the bickering, point scoring etc so tedious, that it gets questionable the value of scrolling (rapidly) through 2-3 pages of rubbish to read an interesting observation made by someone who's made the effort to be there.

Saty may play along, but like an arrogant forward, he keeps producing the goods so his foibles are overlooked. Less so those who contribute nothing but foibles...

Do you remember Allen Jakovich's strut?

I would love to have a forward that could justify a strut.

• Like 1

To be honest i'm getting a little tired of the woe is Saty /please come back Saty/Saty is being forced off the DL etc etc comments.

Yes much of the back and forth between Saty and his detractors can be tiresome but for Pete's sake Saty is just as much to blame for derailing threads into bickerfests - perhaps more so.

Why more so? Well mainly because he has admitted on any number of occasions that he deliberately winds people up for his own amusement. I repeat he admits he winds peole up for his own amusement. Borderline trolling. So forgive me if i don't feel all sorry for him and beg from him to continue posting.

I actually had Saty on ignore for a long time precisely because of his trolling (the final straw for me was his vociferous defense of the ex casey coach's very public and out of line comments about MFC players x 2: apparently it is not on for DL posters to bag dees players but perfectly ok for a Casey coach to do so. But i digress).

But i took him off ignore because i enjoy his training reports and don't bother reading the back and forth so i could care less about them derailing threads. No one is compelled to read anything.

But please peeps by choosing to deliberately wind people up he rescinds his right to play the poor wounded, hard done by club stalwart.

wasted post binman......just looks like you want to get the last word in.......but you said nothing you hadn't said before

a little argy bargy is ok, but a group of posters seemed to have a vendetta and couldn't let go and it just got ugly for the rest of us

• Like 4

This.

• Like 1

I'm interested in this mythical land we will all get to once the "bickering" stops...

What exactly do people expec of this Atlantis?

Without the bickering, threads will just be shorter and die quicker.

Pure potshots are crap, but honestly, most of it is just heated debate and I see very little wrong with a lot of it.

Stifling discussion and argument would make this place more painful.

• Like 4

Agree with machsy, if people are to express opinions, more often than not they will differ and there will be debate, just no low blows and its all good.

• Like 1

A suggestion...

Please what an unbelievable comment :huh:

Go back to todays training thread and have a look at other posters who have contributed to todays sessions who were just as good and more better quality then Saty. Don't get me wrong I like his training reports and his contribution has been good but to say that its the greatest travestie if he was forced off? That's laughable.

Sick of these comments about training threads dedicating to saty when the likes of Ruffles doesn't get any recognition at all when I personally think his reports are the best out of the lot.

If Saty is forced of then so be it, Demonland moves on. But do remember he is just as much to blame for some of the heated debate that goes on.

• Like 1

stupid suggestion, many posters taunt others because they see through the affectation of many on here

Another tauntingly obvious offering from the poisoner of logic.

FFS, skim through the thread, read the training reports, GTFO. It's that easy if you don't want to deal with the rest of the BS.

Personally, I like reading it all.

Since these forums started there have been great training reports, and there will be until the end. One guy retiring for 7 minutes on a February afternoon ain't gunna change that.

For all of you that do training reports now, and in the future, your efforts are and will be appreciated no matter what the content is.

• Like 4