Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

While I think we can get Garlett for a late pick or maybe a Blease swap if Blues want him, I am a bit concerned on doing the Frost deal.

GWS could be holding out to see if we upset their chance of getting pick 1.

Also they may want our 2 nd rounder as we have lost our 3rd rounder for Billy.

It would be good if we could get enough from our only asset on the table MC, to do both the HL deal and the Frost deal.

That way they are put to bed and we get the 3 blokes named as wanting to come to us. We can then hopefully get involved in some more deals.

Keeping 2 and 3 won't make me unhappy.

Yea, the problem with the players we're after is that we want Garlett, Lumumba and Frost but on their own their not worth a 2nd round pick. But we don't have a 3rd round pick! quite the conundrum.

I'm hoping we get them all and head to the draft with 2,3 and 23. Probably have to give up a few players though... dunno who.

I find it hard to believe none of the players we've targetted are interested in coming to us. If nothing else, Tomlinson would come here to play with his best mate and return to Melbourne. Second rounder would get that trade done I reckon.

Could gold coast give 2nd pick for Christensen and then we take that for Clark? I think Suns have pick 15 is that to much for Clark, their next pick is 29?

While I think we can get Garlett for a late pick or maybe a Blease swap if Blues want him, I am a bit concerned on doing the Frost deal.

GWS could be holding out to see if we upset their chance of getting pick 1.

Also they may want our 2 nd rounder as we have lost our 3rd rounder for Billy.

It would be good if we could get enough from our only asset on the table MC, to do both the HL deal and the Frost deal.

That way they are put to bed and we get the 3 blokes named as wanting to come to us. We can then hopefully get involved in some more deals.

Keeping 2 and 3 won't make me unhappy.

If Frost wants to come to us I think he is out of contract and whilst I realise Saints have Pick 1 in PSD, I think the likes of Jaksch may go through the PSD and leave Frost to us

Hopefully Geelong's second and third rounders come to us. That's Lamumba and Frost trades done. Frost has played 12 games, we aren't giving our second rounder for him unless it's packaged with another player (Giles?)

Judging from the AFL website, the most likely scenario to get Lumumba to us involves the use of zero picks, merely an exchange of players between three clubs:

1) Mitch Clark from Melbourne to Geelong

2) Travis Varcoe from Geelong to Collingwood

3) HL from Collingwood to us.

Not entirely fair but as nobody has to trade their draft picks at least the three Clubs maximise their other trade/draft options!

Judging from the AFL website, the most likely scenario to get Lumumba to us involves the use of zero picks, merely an exchange of players between three clubs:

Not entirely fair but as nobody has to trade their draft picks at least the three Clubs maximise their other trade/draft options!

Surely MC is worth more than TV and HL. I would think TV and HL are worth about the same, but MC would be in the next bracket up. I'd prefer that deal if there was a shuffling of late picks in our favour.

I find it hard to believe none of the players we've targetted are interested in coming to us.

hmmm...and why would that be ? Because we finished second bottom and players may opt to go more successful clubs.

At this point in time we two things only going for us - Roos and money to offer.

Surely MC is worth more than TV and HL. I would think TV and HL are worth about the same, but MC would be in the next bracket up. I'd prefer that deal if there was a shuffling of late picks in our favour.

Mitch Clark is obviously worth more than the other two and l am sure most Demon supporters would rather he was still dominating our forward line. The reality however is that most Demonlanders believed that he was lost to us (& AFL football) when he retired earlier this year and we have all only recently found out that the MFC astutely kept him under contract which is now playing to our advantage. Effectively we obtain HL for nothing due to this foresight (plus we have enjoyed Jetta playing in our first 22 all year)!

• Like 2

I'd do that if Geelong threw in their second rounder so we could use that on Frost.

I just ran into a Melbourne person who is employed at the club, know him very well, there is nothing happening behind the scenes. Players we targeted have not wanted to move, and at this stage a sit stands, we are taking 2 & 3 to the draft. He did say, there are still 5 days to go, but its all very quiet at the moment.

Just passing on.

The anti nudge

• Like 6

I'd do that if Geelong threw in their second rounder so we could use that on Frost.

I would rather use an additional second rounder on somebody like Cockatoo (if North haven't beaten us to the punch). I am sure that we get Frost with a deal involving a lower round pick.

• Like 1

MC is worth the most of 3 if he can get himself right and the least of 3 if he has a repeat of the last 3 years - no guarantee of which one it will be

• Like 2

Would pick 3 and 23 get us Tomlinson, Jaksch and Frost? Carlton can't get the right trade currency to make the deal happen so they're shopping Jaksch around to Essendon of all places.

Would improve our talls, midfield and defense, and we keep pick 2 for Brayshaw.

Edited by Lamashtu

Would pick 3 and 23 get us Tomlinson, Jaccsk and Frost? Carlton can't get the right trade currency to make the deal happen so they're shopping Jacksc around to Essendon of all places.

you want 3 talls ?

So much for Roos being the master list builder. To date he has lost our number 1 forward and number 1 defender, and the best he might be able to do in return is Lumumba and Garlett, both unwanted by their current clubs. Perhaps he should cancel his holiday and work on bringing some established midfielders to the club.

The two win season we are heading for next year will be fun to watch.

Is this the number 1 forward who did not play a game under him and the number 1 defender who played 5 games at that end of the ground?

• Like 1

MC is worth the most of 3 if he can get himself right and the least of 3 if he has a repeat of the last 3 years - no guarantee of which one it will be

On the trade table right now MC should be valued at about 90% of his value if he were fully fit. Supposedly his doctor's report says he is good to go and he is obviously telling Geelong that he is 100% so he should be valued almost that high in a trade scenario. Subtract about 10% for potential risk of re-injuring his foot or the other issues returning.

By this logic and my calculations he should be worth about pick 15 or equivalent, fully fit he would be pick 10 or better (what we paid for him from Brisbane). HL and TV would be in the pick 30 range, hence I believe there should be a shuffling of picks in our favour to make up the difference. Irrespective if we all thought he was lost to us, he isn't and he is still contracted. If the MFC lowers their standards and lets Geelong/Coll get away with a straight swap for players then that would be disappointing - I would rather we kept him at the club and watched him dominate next to Hogan in the red and blue next year.

• Like 1

Ok, so my current wishlist of trades/player signings.

Clark to Geelong

Varcoe to Collingwood

Lumumba to Melbourne

Fitzpatrick, Blease & Pick 61 to Carlton

Garlett & Pick 46 to Melbourne

Pick 46 to GWS

Frost to Melbourne

Pick 3 & Evans to Bulldogs

Pick 6 & Hrovat to Melbourne

Delist: Tapscott, Strauss, Georgiou

Delisted Free Agent Period:

James Gwilt

National Draft:

Pick 2: Angus Brayshaw

Pick 6: Liam Duggan

Pick 23: Oscar McDonald (Take the punt)

Pick 42: Billy Stretch (F/S)

Pick 79: Neville Jetta (rookie upgrade)

Rookie Draft:

Pick 2: Jesse Watchman

Pick 20: Brett Eddy

Would pick 3 and 23 get us Tomlinson, Jaksch and Frost? Carlton can't get the right trade currency to make the deal happen so they're shopping Jaksch around to Essendon of all places.

Would improve our talls, midfield and defense, and we keep pick 2 for Brayshaw.

I would think that P-3, 23, & 33 would get us Shiel, Tomlinson & Frost

may have to add a bit more to swap Tomlinson for Jaksch? maybe P-2, 23 & 33 if GWS would get Petracca? ..... may give us Shiel, Jaksch & Frost ?

Ok, so my current wishlist of trades/player signings.

Clark to Geelong

Varcoe to Collingwood

Lumumba to Melbourne

Fitzpatrick, Blease & Pick 61 to Carlton

Garlett & Pick 46 to Melbourne

Pick 46 to GWS

Frost to Melbourne

Pick 3 & Evans to Bulldogs

Pick 6 & Hrovat to Melbourne

Delist: Tapscott, Strauss, Georgiou

Delisted Free Agent Period:

James Gwilt

National Draft:

Pick 2: Angus Brayshaw

Pick 6: Liam Duggan

Pick 23: Oscar McDonald (Take the punt)

Pick 42: Billy Stretch (F/S)

Pick 79: Neville Jetta (rookie upgrade)

Rookie Draft:

Pick 2: Jesse Watchman

Pick 20: Brett Eddy

Like it TD, but I don't think Pickles will be enough to do that WB trade.

*Clark

*Lumumba

*Varcoe

the cats massive winners if straight swaps

last 3 years

Lumumba

Varcoe

Clark

He may have retired because of mental health issues but the 15 games in 2 seasons ( discounting the 3rd season) was because he was continuously injured. He was injured up until the time of his retirement as well. Clark when fit is phenomenal but he is hardly what you would call durable.

• Like 1

no need to include fitzpatrick in the garlett deal i don't think.

I agree with DA. Rather see Spencer traded than Fitzy. Fitzy has more upside as a forward with capacity to also give us depth in the ruck!

Plus l suspect that the FD have arranged a deal that Carlton will accept.

Edited by CBDees