• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

I don't buy too much into the 'mental scars' thing.. because Nathan Jones makes the point moot... BUT if ever there was a poster boy for mental scars it's Garland, you can see it in his face when he plays footy. I'm not necessarily seeing him part of the Jones/Vince/Hogan/Brayshaw/Viney/McDonald type attitude that represents the club we are rebuilding

Really like Col, but I have to agree, CB.

Why are people still discussing Garland? Has this just been dismissed as patently false? It's massive if there's even a skerrick of truth to the rumour . . .

A 24 y/o rejects a seven year contract at over 7million dollars in favour of a five year deal a year and a half out from the end of his current contract with free agency looming. With COLA coming to an end what could Sydney possibly be paying him? Has Roosy spooked his old club with a gambit to pry someone else loose? WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JOSH P KENNEDY

JPK will be a little old for us now. Would only give us a max of 5 years. No thanks. I love the boldness of the 7 year deal though. Fantastic.

As far as losing experienced players we have been, regardless of whether or not we've come out on top. Sam Blease and Riley had nothing to do with free agency either.

How does picking up Riley via free agency have nothing to do with free agency?

He was delisted. i understand that made him a delsited free agent however the radio was talking about us being the hardest hit out of all the clubs during free agency.

Considering our position, I think we've handled free agency better than anyone. Picking up Riley through free agency meant we didn't have to use a draft pick and the Crows couldn't redraft him as a rookie. Granted he's only depth at this stage, but certainly an upgrade on those delisted and we gave up little for him.

Experience is only worth as much as the player who has it. I hardly think we suffered any great leadership void after Frawley and Sylvia went off to greener pastures.

Rivers is the only real loss for mine. Was sad to see him go and we got next to nothing in compo because of the lack of understanding about free agency rules at the time.

The way we've played our cards in our last two free agency periods makes me wonder how much effort was actually put in to keeping our departing players.

Why are people still discussing Garland? Has this just been dismissed as patently false? It's massive if there's even a skerrick of truth to the rumour . . .

A 24 y/o rejects a seven year contract at over 7million dollars in favour of a five year deal a year and a half out from the end of his current contract with free agency looming. With COLA coming to an end what could Sydney possibly be paying him? Has Roosy spooked his old club with a gambit to pry someone else loose? WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JOSH P KENNEDY

- Chance at a few more premierships!

- One club champion!

- Not having to uproot his life to a new city to chase a few $

These things mean something occasionally.

Also, by the time the manager and the taxman take their cut the difference in offers may not be so large.

• Like 1

DD, a father of 2 Xavier boys. One was in Matt's year & the other Dan's. No 2 son was on the phone to Dan yesterday. Perhaps, I shouldn't have posted such first hand info, but to be honest, you just get so annoyed at some of the rubbish that gets written on theses forums.

I try to keep factual which is why I am a low volume poster.

• Like 4

DD, a father of 2 Xavier boys. One was in Matt's year & the other Dan's. No 2 son was on the phone to Dan yesterday. Perhaps, I shouldn't have posted such first hand info, but to be honest, you just get so annoyed at some of the rubbish that gets written on theses forums.

I try to keep factual which is why I am a low volume poster.

Thanks for sharing wjd. Do you know why Dan favoured North over the other bidders? Better terms?

I have to confess that I lost interest in Patrick Dangerfield long ago in light of the fact that every man and his dog thinks his most likely destination next year is in Geelong where he can be close to the family and, at the same time, collect the big dollars being offered to him. There are a couple of others on the Cats' radar as well including Scott Selwood who would also make a good get for us. They're well placed to get heavily involved in buying players because of the massive gaps about to become available in their list with a number of impending retirements.

I wouldn't be averse to giving it a go myself - the two players would be 26 at the start of next season and would add to the maturity of our list and deliver us the midfield we've been dreaming about for a long time.

• Like 3

I have to confess that I lost interest in Patrick Dangerfield long ago in light of the fact that every man and his dog thinks his most likely destination next year is in Geelong where he can be close to the family and, at the same time, collect the big dollars being offered to him.

Tippet was going to the Gold Coast.

Franklin was going to GWS.

Frawley was going to Geelong.

You just never know what is going on these days.

• Like 1

Really like Col, but I have to agree, CB.

JPK will be a little old for us now. Would only give us a max of 5 years. No thanks. I love the boldness of the 7 year deal though. Fantastic.

I hope we wouldn't offer 7 years to anyone outside of Hogan but if we were to scribble out Dan-Han's name at the top the alleged actual contract offer and insert JPK's instead - an offer akin or lesser to what people are suggesting we give Danger, - and considering his age profile and a possible parting with pick 5ish + ? - I think I would be elated.

Skuit, rest assured this is 100% accurate as was our 3 year offer to Spangher last year which was rejected for a 1 year extension at the Hawks.

Why are people still talking about Hannerbery and Kennedy? We offered Spangher wtf? Is this just being dismissing this as patently false? And can't we just develop Fitz into our weird cult voodoo totem to sit in the stands and watch us win a flag?

Tippet was going to the Gold Coast.

Franklin was going to GWS.

Frawley was going to Geelong.

You just never know what is going on these days.

That means Dangerfield to Hawthorn, right!

Not joking...retirements to Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis creates a few spots and a big bucket of $$$

His manager's 'only the Cats/Crows' chat and all the noise = smokescreen, similar to Buddy to GWS/Swans

• Like 1

That means Dangerfield to Hawthorn, right!

Not joking...retirements to Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis creates a few spots and a big bucket of $$$

His manager's 'only the Cats/Crows' chat and all the noise = smokescreen, similar to Buddy to GWS/Swans

I doubt the Hawks trio you've mentioned will be retiring anytime soon the way they're playing.

• Like 2

I doubt the Hawks trio you've mentioned will be retiring anytime soon the way they're playing.

You are probably right.

Hawks only need one of the 3 to go to fit Danger into sal cap...back end Danger's contract etc.

Mitchell will be 33 this year and must be close to the end, depending on if they win GF.

Could offer Mitchell a min contract to fit in Danger.

I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Just can't help but feel all the Danger 'noise' is a smokescreen and wouldn't be surprised to see him the Hawks.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

You are probably right.

Hawks only need one of the 3 to go to fit Danger into sal cap...back end Danger's contract etc.

Mitchell will be 33 this year and must be close to the end, depending on if they win GF.

Could offer Mitchell a min contract to fit in Danger.

I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Just can't help but feel all the Danger 'noise' is a smokescreen and wouldn't be surprised to see him the Hawks.

I would have thought those guys would qualify for the veteran list.

Lewis Jetta, Chris Yarran. Bang bang pace problems fixed.

Jetta would be better. He knows the Sydney systems. That's pretty much what we're doing. Reckon he could be a great pick up. Let me put this out there. Would you trade Howe for him? Every day of the week.

Jetta would be better. He knows the Sydney systems. That's pretty much what we're doing. Reckon he could be a great pick up. Let me put this out there. Would you trade Howe for him? Every day of the week.

Would Sydney though? Horse isn't silly...

• Like 1

I agree, both players can go missing at times but Yarran more so. I can't see Yarran ever being change the momentum on a game however Jetta could. He's can break lines and gets caught less often that Yarran.

• Like 1

And twice on Sundays

• Like 1