Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Yes, but he is not limited to living in mummies pocket, and travelling an extra hour to get to Dees training. He has the choice to live close to the MCG, and simply travel an extra or or so when he needs a hug from his parents.

Moot point anyway. It just gets up my snout.

True, but I moved from inner city to the country partly due to how shite the traffic is around the city these days.

That's all good and well in theory if Geelong can't satisfy crows needs he can stay in Adelaide or try his luck in the draft. He wouldn't drift to Geelong..

If he did end up in the draft I'm sure that he would still end up at the cats just like Ball went on through to the pies.

He will get there one way or another.

So, the Crows have said they'll deal with 'anyone'.

For hypothetical reasons, and because I'm bored, if you were in charge, what would you hand over to get him? A couple of first rounders? Terlich, M. Jones and a 4th rounder?

Including players like Toumpas, Watts, Grimes etc is not allowed. We all know they have no currency in a trade like this.

Go...

So, the Crows have said they'll deal with 'anyone'.

For hypothetical reasons, and because I'm bored, if you were in charge, what would you hand over to get him? A couple of first rounders? Terlich, M. Jones and a 4th rounder?

Including players like Toumpas, Watts, Grimes etc is not allowed. We all know they have no currency in a trade like this.

Go...

I reckon M. Jones and Terlich should get the job done no?

• Like 2

True, but I moved from inner city to the country partly due to how shite the traffic is around the city these days.

I could understand why, but again, accepting $700k less, to avoid traffic?

You see where im coming from right? Something doesn't sit right here.

I cant see how a 3rd party deal is not involved.

• Like 3

Of course there will be third party deals. His face will be plastered all over Geelong and he'll be the 'face' of all sorts of stuff. He will be well and truly compensated outside of the 800k or so the Cats will pay him.

• Like 2

Assuming the quoted $1.5mil we allegedly offered is correct.

I have a hard time believing much the media put out these days. I'm sure they get a lot from forums like these.

I can believe we offered 1.5. Have to pay overs, particularly for stars.

EDIT. And with the cap seemingly increasing every year. That won't be much in three or four years time.

Edited by AdamFarr

Dangerfield to MFC for me, was a wet dream. Of course it was never even a remote possibility unless we totally screwed ouselves over and risked losing the few decent players we have, by offering a Mega contract greater than Franklins...

I have tried to look at both sides of this argument (sober and not so sober) and i have come to the following conclusion..............................

MFC need to improve rapidly to give a reason for Hogan to stay. (Lets be honest, its all about The Hulk nowdays as he is the closest thing to a sure bet we have seen for decades). How do we do this?

IMPROVE RAPIDLY

Now we can hope* for a big improvement from the guys we think have the potential to be genuine A grader. I mean the likes of Brayshaw, Petracca (If he comes back strongly) and ANB, with strong support from Stretch, Frost, Tyson and Kent (I love this bloke coz he has a bit of carnt about him) I deliberately leave out the likes of Trenners and The Toump as they are in my mind "hail Mary's". If they all improve next year (And thats going against history as there are usually some who stagnate or go backwards), we MIGHT show enough to beat off a Multi Million dollar deal for Hogan from just about every other club in the league. Without doing a Franklin like deal to draft a Gun, this leaves big money to keep Hoges, and perhaps a couple of others if they are happy to settle for big bucks, but not necessarily success.

OR

We go for a genuine top 5 player in the game, putting most of our eggs in the one basket, and hope like hell that one player can improve us enough to keep the others interested..

OR

We try to target 2 very very good mids (Or one mid and a forward like McCarthy) to do the same thing. Or 2 of Bennell/Prestia/O'Meara

One scenario leaves all our eggs in the one basket, the other sees us spread the risk so to speak.

I personally believe the second scenario is the way forward as it give us a better chance of improvement than relying on a single player to turn us around. (See Sydney and the probs Buddys contract has caused)

Anyway, sorry for all the brackets, and probable typos but im full of red wine and dreaming of a better future.

In all of this i have not considered how we would get these players, so dont hang me for suggesting my preference without knowing how the trades would work.

Am i on the right track ?

Edited by ding

Dangerfield to MFC for me, was a wet dream. Of course it was never even a remote possibility unless we totally screwed ouselves over and risked losing the few decent players we have, by offering a Mega contract greater than Franklins...

I have tried to look at both sides of this argument (sober and not so sober) and i have come to the following conclusion..............................

MFC need to improve rapidly to give a reason for Hogan to stay. (Lets be honest, its all about The Hulk nowdays as he is the closest thing to a sure bet we have seen for decades). How do we do this?

IMPROVE RAPIDLY

Now we can hope* for a big improvement from the guys we think have the potential to be genuine A grader. I mean the likes of Brayshaw, Petracca (If he comes back strongly) and ANB, with strong support from Stretch, Frost, Tyson and Kent (I love this bloke coz he has a bit of carnt about him) I deliberately leave out the likes of Trenners and The Toump as they are in my mind "hail Mary's". If they all improve next year (And thats going against history as there are usually some who stagnate or go backwards), we MIGHT show enough to beat off a Multi Million dollar deal for Hogan from just about every other club in the league. Without doing a Franklin like deal to draft a Gun, this leaves big money to keep Hoges, and perhaps a couple of others if they are happy to settle for big bucks, but not necessarily success.

OR

We go for a genuine top 5 player in the game, putting most of our eggs in the one basket, and hope like hell that one player can improve us enough to keep the others interested..

OR

We try to target 2 very very good mids (Or one mid and a forward like McCarthy) to do the same thing. Or 2 of Bennell/Prestia/O'Meara

One scenario leaves all our eggs in the one basket, the other sees us spread the risk so to speak.

I personally believe the second scenario is the way forward as it give us a better chance of improvement than relying on a single player to turn us around. (See Sydney and the probs Buddys contract has caused)

Anyway, sorry for all the brackets, and probable typos but im full of red wine and dreaming of a better future.

In all of this i have not considered how we would get these players, so dont hang me for suggesting my preference without knowing how the trades would work.

Am i on the right track ?

Good post. You're on the right track. I like the procurement of Prestia & Bennell/O'Meara.

I think you're forgetting or underrating Tyson. Reckon he'll bounce back hard next year, provided he gets a good run at it this pre-season.

Land even one of those aforementioned guys, a number of our guys have good pre-seasons and we may just hit the ground running next season and win 12-14 games. FWIW, I think we'll win between 10-12 games. But as I say, if everything clicks (admittedly unlikely), 12-14 games and finals are not unreasonable. The Bulldogs have shown that this year. Still think we're at least a year behind the Bulldogs' 2015 though. Hogan winning some games off his own boot may catch us up a little bit to the Bulldogs though.

How's that for a post? No red wine in me. Just a sharwama and coconut water!

EDIT. I wrote it like I was drunk though. :P

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

I did mention Tyson, but maybe it got lost amongst my multiple edits ... :v

I rate him very highly despite the average year he just had.

• Like 1

I was beginning to think that every alco on 'Land was an Oban drinker.

Maybe my old man was right all these years, and I don't actually know anything after all.

• Like 1

I did mention Tyson, but maybe it got lost amongst my multiple edits ... :v

I rate him very highly despite the average year he just had.

Derps. No, I probably just missed it. Apologies. What was that about not drinking? :P

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

Maybe my old man was right all these years, and I don't actually know anything after all.

Gimme Johnny Green any day. *hic

Derps. No, I probably just missed it. Apologies. What was that about not drinking? :P

LOL nah mate, i edited that post several times coz my vision isnt too good atm.. Tyson was probably added while you were typing your reply. (The first 3 tries mentioned Stretch twice , and not Tyson lol)

• Like 1

Me Aberlour (wins only - look out 2016...)

Me Aberlour (wins only - look out 2016...)

Sorry T, but I haven't had any alcohol for 6 days now, and try as I might, reading from right to left, turning my screen upside down, and putting my laptop in front of a mirror to read the reflection, I still cant figure out what you are trying to say.

• Like 1

Sorry T, but I haven't had any alcohol for 6 days now, and try as I might, reading from right to left, turning my screen upside down, and putting my laptop in front of a mirror to read the reflection, I still cant figure out what you are trying to say.

He only drinks Scottish Whisky when we have a win?