Post your Round 1 2015 team

P-man

I'm jumping on this one early cause if think any more about the end to this season, I will be reaching for the pill bottle.

I realise this is a tough exercise after yesterday but that's kinda the point.

- Leave holes where you believe there are some.

- Be as realistic as possible, i.e. don't post Jones and Hogan and leave 20 spots vacant.

- Expect Saty to chuck a tanty (also known as a Satanty). Continue on regardless.

My crack at it:

B: Garland Dunn Jetta

HB: Salem McDonald <vacant>

C: Vince Jones <vacant>

HF: Toumpas Hogan <vacant>

F: Howe Dawes JKH

R: Gawn Tyson Cross

Int: Trengove Michie Viney Riley

Barry

A lot depends on Trengove and Toumpas coming good and having a belter of a pre-season, but three spots to fill isn't panic stations.

I also believe Howe needs to be moved forward again next year. Intercept marks in the backline are nice but he is far more damaging taking grabs up the other end.

Edited by P-man

Id actually wait and see what our list looks like, might be some surprises :unsure::rolleyes:

p-man how could you possibly have Barry in the 22?

He is hopeless the worst player out of the worst 22 that played this weekend.

PS is my eye sight failing me where is Dunn

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

I'm jumping on this one early cause if think any more about the end to this season, I will be reaching for the pill bottle.

- Be as realistic as possible, i.e. don't post Jones and Hogan and leave 20 spots vacant.

- Expect Saty to chuck a tanty (also known as a Satanty). Continue on regardless.

My crack at it:

B: Garland McDonald Jetta

HB: Salem <vacant> <vacant>

Int: Trengove Michie Riley Barry

A lot depends on Trengove and Toumpas coming good and having a belter of a pre-season, but four spots to fill isn't panic stations.

I also believe Howe needs to be moved forward again next year. Intercept marks in the backline are nice but he is far more damaging taking grabs up the other end.

Sorry, you had me going until you said no to Jones and Hogan and 20 blank spots.

• Like 2

One game OD. Out of a four game career. He's shown signs he can make smart decisions under pressure and can handle a direct opponent.

I'd rather this not just be people critiquing my team. I'd like to see other's teams.

My crack at it:

B: Garland McDonald Jetta

HB: Salem <vacant> <vacant>

Int: Trengove Michie Viney Riley

Barry

A lot depends on Trengove and Toumpas coming good and having a belter of a pre-season, but four spots to fill isn't panic stations.

Actually chap, no not a bad exercise, I suffered as much as everybody yesterday, I have sat through some shockers but that has to be up thereI actually agree with most, although being the eternal optimist, I would still have Frawley in there, dropped a bit because mishit the quote, I actually thought Bail and Pedersen were locks with Roos but it seems not, but you never know

PS is my eye sight failing me where is Dunn

Old Dee patience is the key, Barry has had what how many games?....we are always too quick on here to write off

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Actually chap, no not a bad exercise, I suffered as much as everybody yesterday, I have sat through some shockers but that has to be up thereI actually agree with most, although being the eternal optimist, I would still have Frawley in there

Old Dee patience is the key, Barry has had what how many games?....we are always too quick on here to write off

Saty if Barry is an AFL grade player I am a monkeys uncle.

I have doubt he is a good VFL player.

He must be close to the skinnest AFL player going around.

If you have a skinny build in AFL you have to be very Good to make it.

It is a bit like height in Basketball if you are short you have to have Michael Jordan ability to make it.

Barry is not very good.

One game OD. Out of a four game career. He's shown signs he can make smart decisions under pressure and can handle a direct opponent.

I'd rather this not just be people critiquing my team. I'd like to see other's teams.

I know P-man but with the changes that will happen between now and March 2015 it is almost an impossible task.

My team would have nine players the rest would be blanks.

Why no Dunn?

Edited by old dee

Okay this seems mildly fun, need something take my mind of Sundays Horror Show.

HB: Trengove McDonald Malceski

C: Vince Jones Howe

HF: Toumpas Cameron Okeeffe

F: JKH Hogan Dawes
R: Gawn Tyson Viney

Int: Grimes Bail Michie Cross

Emg Riley Salem Fitzpatrick

Okay Pederson is probably in ther for Cameron

• Like 1

I know P-man but with the changes that will happen between now and March 2015 it is almost an impossible task.

My team would have nine players the rest would be blanks.

Why no Dunn?

Dunn and Kent are two that I missed.

Dunn should probably be in there. He's been back to very ordinary of late but if he can bring his early season form he's in. Kent has major question marks over what he does when we don't have the ball but could mount a case for him also.

Back 6: Dunn, Jetta, McDonald, <>,<>,<>

Forward 6: Hogan, JKH, Kent, ,Dawes, <>,<>

Mids: N.Jones, Gawn, Tyson, Vince, Cross, <>

Bench: Salem, Viney, Trengove

Sub: <>

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 1

Dunn and Kent are two that I missed.

Dunn should probably be in there. He's been back to very ordinary of late but if he can bring his early season form he's in. Kent has major question marks over what he does when we don't have the ball but could mount a case for him also.

Agree with no Kent he cannot kick, we have way too many that cannot hit the side of a barn with a howitzer.

Jetta Dunn Howe

Garland McDonald (Insert Recruit)

Vince Jones (Insert Recruit)

Watts Hogan (Insert Recruit)

JKH Dawes Gawn

Jamar, Tyson, (Insert Recruit)

Cross Kent Pedersen Viney

Trengove can included in the possible New Recruits but I don't want to rely on so many youngsters in the midfield rotation again.

We are still in need of some AFL talent through the middle and while I would probably not spend a high pick on it - I want some solid bodies to compete for 22 rounds next year.

As for the ruck - Jamar has no value to us other than what he can put on the field next year - let's see where Gawn is in another year and move from there.

I have little idea about the four new recruits that we can get but I would target 2 good inside/outside mids (hopefully one 22 or younger), an established HBF with great skills, and an established outside mid with excellent skills.

So another off season of Tyson and Vince would be good and a Malceski and a Suckling thrown in as well...

• Like 3

Watching Dawes this year, we need another tall forward. Peter Wright fits what we need 200+cm forward ruck. Get him Petracca with picks 2/3 then grab Duggan with pick 20 odd

With Hogan and Dawes (and Gawn?) I don't think it's as crucial a need as the lack of skills further up the ground.

A large part of the reason were not scoring is we are bombing it in hope or continually kicking to the wrong spots. Another large part of why we're terrible is that we turn it over like we are giving away leather in a fire sale.

When we improve our ball users, the rest will follow.

Not to say that another tall forward isn't somewhere on the list of needs.

And who knows. Maybe we'll finally get a piece of luck and a certain M Clark will decide he wants to play footy again.

Really don't care who the 22 are once they run both ways, back up their team mates and do the basics leaving nothing out there.

I'm the closest I have ever been to walking away from this club

No amount of training the house down, pre-season performances or any spin they put on how our boys are doing will get me enthused until I start seeing the boys having a dip from Round 1 and in the proceeding weeks, because it is going to take at least half a dozen solid performances in the first two months next season for me to think we are heading in the right direction.

• Like 3

Really don't care who the 22 are once they run both ways, back up their team mates and do the basics leaving nothing out there.

I'm the closest I have ever been to walking away from this club

No amount of training the house down, pre-season performances or any spin they put on how our boys are doing will get me enthused until I start seeing the boys having a dip from Round 1 and in the proceeding weeks, because it is going to take at least half a dozen solid performances in the first two months next season for me to think we are heading in the right direction.

You, me bb and about 20 000 others PSD

Would love to see a poll answered by all demonlanders on who would have Watts in their 22. There would obviously be few, but how few is what I'm interested in. I would be one of the few (for now).

HB: Toumpas McDonald Malceski
C: Vince Jones Trengove
HF: Watts Dawes Viney (tackle and learn to crumb)
F: Howe Hogan JKH
R: Gawn Tyson Salem

Int: Michie Cross Petracca/Brayshaw

Edited by watchtheeyes

My team.

HB: _____ McDonald Howe

C: Vince Jones _____

HF: Pedersen Dawes Bail*

F: Gawn Hogan JKH

R: Jamar Tyson _____

Int: Trengove* Petracca* Riley Salem

I'm willing to concede this will probably benno where near it!