Official Humble Pie list

There are posts everywhere which include what are now embarrassing comments. It's time we made an official list of humble pie statements. I'll start:

Lynden Dunn - I apologise for repeatedly stating you weren't worth keeping on our list. I was wrong, and so horribly wrong.

Neville Jetta - I apologise for claiming that you're a great trier but too slow. I was wrong

Cameron Pedersen - I apologise for stating that you weren't up to AFL standard and that the only time you showed anything it was in defence. I was wrong.

• Like 8

There are posts everywhere which include what are now embarrassing comments. It's time we made an official list of humble pie statements. I'll start:

Lynden Dunn - I apologise for repeatedly stating you weren't worth keeping on our list. I was wrong, and so horribly wrong.

Neville Jetta - I apologise for claiming that you're a great trier but too slow. I was wrong

Cameron Pedersen - I apologise for stating that you weren't up to AFL standard and that the only time you showed anything it was in defence. I was wrong.

Mark Jamar- I'm sorry for suggesting we trade you for a Round 3 pick.

Ok whilst I didn't say it - I thought it which is just as bad.

Cam Pederson - I'm sorry for thinking you were overweight, unfit and not disciplined enough.

I think you are great now.

From my chosen 22 at the start of the year the powers that be have brought in Dunn, M. Jones, Bail, Gawn, Jetta, Pedersen, Jamar, Salem and JKH.

That is only nine I got wrong (although in fairness Hogan and Trengove are injured).

I have been most surprised (read impressed) by M. Jones, Jetta and Jamar. Of those, easily the largest hunk of pie is consumed has Neville Jetta's name on it. He has been magnificent since elevation and looks a settled part of the team

• Like 1

Im sorry Cale Morton

Wouldn't make you apologise for that one, chap.

Pedersen and Jamar for me - I was convinced Jamar had nothing to offer after his performances last season.

Proud to say I always had faith in Dunn.

Come back Juice ,all is forgiven.

I'll fess up on 2 current players. Dunn was one, that on the basis he had been tried in the forward line, backline, to my horror, chucked in the ruck at one stage.

He and Bate, seemed to be tarred with the same brush, handy but NQR. Now Dunn has proven his worth, I'm happy to admit I had all but written him off.

No2: Pedersen has proven a lot of doubters wrong, me included. Totally taken his game to other level. But needs to show its not just this year.

I did a summary of our borderline players pre 2014. I had a quick scan and I think (hope) thats the only 2 I need to beg forgiveness.

Tom Sculley. I'm sorry for thinking that you were a lying, deceptive, dishonest, greedy little p$!%#. You're obviously worse than these things. Ditto Fat Fill.

At least you were close Daryl. I thought Scully would stay and become an elite midfielder. Who do I apologise to for that thought process?

I apologise in advance for being a smug bastard and saying I never had a bad word for any of them and stated in the past on these forums that they would all improve over time.

• Like 1

Is it humble pie if players finally start doing the things we've all cried out for for years?

I'm hungry anyway so Lynden Dunn... Wow. When he first went into the back line last year, even stints earlier, he had no idea and was easily out bodied and out witted. Never did I think he'd become a poised and reliable defender.

We've had good defenders for years now, it's an absolute credit to him that as of right now, he's our best defender.

Jamar (again)

I thought he was done. But we've been so much better since his return it's not even a question how valuable he is to this team. Playing very good footy again.

Not sure I ever stuck the boots into Pedo on here, but in the real world I have. As recently as the Saints game this year.

Boy oh boy wowee what a transformation. CLUNK GUN.

I always backed Dunn, I never declared Jetta Gone although I did express doubts about his ability to overcome his setbacks, but I will happily concede that I was wrong about Pedo. He has come on amazingly this year and fully justified the trade. Well done to all of them on their form this season.

My apologies Pedo , the Russian has a remote chance of one, but a full consistent year is required.

I apologise in advance for being a smug [censored] and saying I never had a bad word for any of them and stated in the past on these forums that they would all improve over time.

I'm only half smug - I didn't have a bad word for them but wasn't confident enough to say that they would improve.

The only player I have ever suggested wont make it and purely based on his poor disposal is Nicco. Love his run - hate his butchering.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1

Without the slightest hesitation I hereby request leniency after my earliest 3 word analysis of Pedo - big fat arse.

I'm sure he actually did have that for quite some time, but now he's using some of it for good and not evil

• Like 1

At least you were close Daryl. I thought Scully would stay and become an elite midfielder. Who do I apologise to for that thought process?

probably between your maker and you as this would qualify as a mortal sin

pity lordweaver is no longer here

• Like 1

Hello

Long-time-first time and thought perhaps what beeter way to bein that to apologise for past sins.

Lynden Dunn... I'm sorry.

Nev Jetta... I'm sorry.

Can Pederson... I'm sorry.

Mark Jamar... I'm sorry.

All currently showing what a clearly defined role, some match-fitness and a bit of self-belief can do for a player.

With that said, however, there are players in this thread who have indeed shown very little to be positive about aver the last few years. Posters were quite justified in their criticisms- but congrats to the players, coaches and support staff for believing.

(There's still a list of players I really hope I can apologise to in the near future.)

I thought Jamar was gawn, and I thought Gawn had made it. I was wrong on both accounts. Pedo was on my hit list, but I was wrong about that too. I though Dunn was just handy depth, but it turns out he's one of the first picked.

I knew Jetta had it in him, but I couldn't for the life of me work out why he hadn't caught on yet.