• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he wants 7, someone will probably give it to him. I think it will be similar to the Lance Franklin deal - there's no way Sydney really expect him to play for 9 years and my guess is that they just figure they'll pay him out when he eventually crashes and hope that there's enough left in the salary cap when it eventually happens.

I also think that smart clubs are planning for the increase in salary cap that's coming - where they can basically sign someone like Frawley for 'free'.

• Like 1

what concerns me most is just where are we going to get quality replacements

after all there are 17 other clubs picking over the bones too

i know we have got to do it but i don't hold much hope we can achieve much in strengthening the list in the short term

it's going to be (another) slow rebuild

Yep, that's the real issue - it's one thing to want to delist away, but who do you bring in?

That's where we need Roos' influence and pulling power.

These are the 12 players who we brought in last off season (Clisby was upgraded from rookie status)

Hogan

Salem

Tyson

Cross

Vince

JKH

Riley

Michie

Hunt

Georgiou ®

Harmes ®

King ®

A relatively successful recruiting effort IMO so based on last year, 10 list changes is do-able.

We've overpaid enough players in recent times - and none of them have really produced.

Davey, Dawes, Clark, and now Frawley.

600k, keep walking.

I'd rather pay a couple players from GWS 300k each - both would have more potential than Frawley.

Who exactly have we overpaid?

When exactly have we struggled to re-sign players or sign a FA because we don't have room in the salary cap because we're paying some players too much?

It'd be news to me.

I think some people just have trouble coming to grips with what mature competent AFL players are paid.

It's got nothing to do with overpayment.

• Like 1

I'm inclined to think he won't be staying and has alerted the club as to such.

Hence why TMac is getting the best forward every week, and Frawley is playing second banana to Dawes.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm inclined to think similar, that he would have been asked his intentions last preseason, of what he wanted to do... & I believe that an amicable solution would be found for his wish for his future success.

• Like 1

I'm inclined to think similar, that he would have been asked his intentions last preseason, of what he wanted to do... & I believe that an amicable solution would be found for his wish for his future success.

Roos said on 360 that he still doesn't know and I guess that's why he's getting a game. All on the show pretty much agreed that if they knew a player was going for sure they would be out of the team. However it seems clear from the circumstantial evidence that it's see ya Chip.

Roos said on 360 that he still doesn't know and I guess that's why he's getting a game. All on the show pretty much agreed that if they knew a player was going for sure they would be out of the team. However it seems clear from the circumstantial evidence that it's see ya Chip.

Didn't Thompson keep playing Ablett?

If he goes to Freo or hawthorn then fine because he gets his finals wish but if he goes to GWS I will be filthy. Then to me thats just about money. I cant see him doing that though.

It would be nice if he showed some faith like Dunn did today and Boak and others did at Port.

but what about the GCSuns, for both success & $$$$$$$$$$.00 ?

in Poker you keep your hand private. & bluff as well, to keep the others in the dark. the public, we are all mushrooms, as are most of the players, if a deal has been agreed, to get it done.

a win win ?

Roos will have the list in a ready shape to charge ahead, before he slips aside from the driving seat.

Edited by dee-luded

Who exactly have we overpaid?

When exactly have we struggled to re-sign players or sign a FA because we don't have room in the salary cap because we're paying some players too much?

It'd be news to me.

I think some people just have trouble coming to grips with what mature competent AFL players are paid.

It's got nothing to do with overpayment.

IMO Davey, Dawes and Clark were overpaid.

Based on performance I still think they were overpaid.

Should we of tried to entice a couple of youngsters for 600k, probably.

Whatever we did do - hasn't worked.

I have no problem paying players big money if they are worth it.

But I don't agree paying them overs, when there are players from others teams being paid unders.

For what we paid Clark and Dawes, we could've thrown at players like Sloane, Parker, those types of guys - who would've came much cheaper.

Vic guys who actually lean towards coming home, not blokes who stop into MFC on their way home to WA.

If he wants 7, someone will probably give it to him. I think it will be similar to the Lance Franklin deal - there's no way Sydney really expect him to play for 9 years and my guess is that they just figure they'll pay him out when he eventually crashes and hope that there's enough left in the salary cap when it eventually happens.

I also think that smart clubs are planning for the increase in salary cap that's coming - where they can basically sign someone like Frawley for 'free'.

He is an eigth of the player Franklin is and if someone gives him 7 there idiots. I have heard Hawthorn are going very hard to get him and it could be out of Hawks and Cats.

Honestly, this is just a poll to see what some of you guys think.

No comments about this being an overused topic, all i want is a simplistic poll.

Don't give a rats tossbag if he goes!!!

But I don't agree paying them overs, when there are players from others teams being paid unders.

For what we paid Clark and Dawes, we could've thrown at players like Sloane, Parker, those types of guys - who would've came much cheaper.

Vic guys who actually lean towards coming home, not blokes who stop into MFC on their way home to WA.

Just to add to that point, Dawes is a vic boy who has proven a great leader and I have no issue with the salary he is being paid.

Davey despite finishing football has still not left Victoria

and Clark when on the field imo showed he was obviously worth the money

good decisions, bad luck.

Yeah, well if that's how you see it then...

But it's not the way it is in reality.

We have less talent than other teams but have to reach the salary 'floor' - of course we are going to over pay.

This is the least of our concerns.

Not having the talent to over pay would be a higher concern, yes?

• Like 3

We have less talent than other teams but have to reach the salary 'floor' - of course we are going to over pay.

This is the least of our concerns.

Not having the talent to over pay would be a higher concern, yes?

Yes

No doubt we are over paying Dawes however when you were as poor as us in 2012 how do you get good players to come to your club?

Pay top dollar!

Staggeringly incisive post.

You obviously majored in hindsight.

Sloane,Parker would not have come any cheaper and may have broken their neck at their first training session.

Bad luck does not equate to bad management.