Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - ANGUS BRAYSHAW

ashdemons22

I can see Roos using him off half back next year if we pick him up. Vlastuin was impressive in his first two years in that role for Richmond. I think Brayshaw has the same strong body and combative approach that should allow him to survive from day one. His kicking is better than Vlastuin it seems and even though he would be a first year player, he may help alleviate a deficiency if he can give us that Malceski type player until he develops into Tyson's best mate in the middle.

Nope, straight in the middle, hasnt got the pace or the nous yet to play off HB. Chuck him in the middle, and let BV use his skills across half back

He is a footballer, excellent skills, already strong and will grow out well, and i think is 187cm, so if he grows even just a touch more hes another tall mid that roosy loves

I understand what your saying but jeez I seriously reckon he wouldn't look out of place come round one standing next to Dom Tyson.

Just remember he will add mkre size to his frame come round 1. I can see him making a impact straight away like Luke Dunstan and Ollie Wines.

Hasn't got the class of Tyson but yep I could see him doing a Dunstan and making an impact straight up.

• Like 1

Hasn't got the class of Tyson but yep I could see him doing a Dunstan and making an impact straight up.

from the footage I saw of Dunstan he was like a Qtrback in U-18's, halfback line?.... Brayshaw look more like a busy pivot link man from the way I see him atmo. centreline

There is a Club with a pick before us and they could take anyone. I'm thinking best we wait till draft day before claiming anyone.

l reckon they will take Petracca

The newly updated and much better version Highlights.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/angus-brayshaw-highlights

Two words... All Class!

It is seriously insane how this kid can kick and hit targets lace out with both sides of his feet. I am still yet to work out what his preferred foot is??

He combines a skill of silk, inside grunt work and strong overhead marking. Pick 2 or 3 either way we will have a beauty here and can't wait to see him run out next year.

Time to get the ball rolling again with this one!

Very nice

He just looks like a pure 'footballer'

We have passed on pure footballers in the past to take skinny project players like Morton, Toumpas and Watts

Surely wont make that mistake again

I am so thankful for these newer highlights.. the old ones had him looking like a spud (first 7ish disposals were to no1 or a turnover from that old clip)! This is all lace out stuff which is nice to know he can actually do that. Much happier at the thought of drafting him.

I've seen him play at sandy dragons. He looks better live than on these highlights.

• Like 4

Very nice

We have passed on pure footballers in the past to take skinny project players like Morton, Toumpas and Watts

I'm not happy with our drafting either 'Hogan' but this is not true, these players were all highly rated and not seen as project players. In Watts case we passed on NikNat who is most definitely not a pure footballer.

• Like 1

What I liked is his foot skills - if you watch lots of these highlights packages you see lots of targets being missed - some pretty ordinary footskills. Whilst I know the package is a best of - the kid doesn't miss a target.

Very nice

please hogans_heroes, lets remove the caption 'nice' from our player descriptions ??? call them mongrel dogs or something.

"A Boy Named Sue"

My daddy left home when I was three

And he didn't leave much to ma and me

Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.

Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid

But the meanest thing that he ever did

Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue."

Well, he must o' thought that is quite a joke

And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,

It seems I had to fight my whole life through.

Some gal would giggle and I'd get red

And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,

I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,

My fist got hard and my wits got keen,

I'd roam from town to town to hide my shame.

But I made a vow to the moon and stars

That I'd search the honky-tonks and bars

And kill that man who gave me that awful name.

Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July

And I just hit town and my throat was dry,

I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.

At an old saloon on a street of mud,

There at a table, dealing stud,

Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me "Sue."

Well, I knew that snake was my own sweet dad

From a worn-out picture that my mother'd had,

And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye.

He was big and bent and gray and old,

And I looked at him and my blood ran cold

And I said: "My name is 'Sue!' How do you do!

Now your gonna die!!"

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes

And he went down, but to my surprise,

He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.

But I busted a chair right across his teeth

And we crashed through the wall and into the street

Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I tell ya, I've fought tougher men

But I really can't remember when,

He kicked like a mule and he bit like a crocodile.

I heard him laugh and then I heard him cuss,

He went for his gun and I pulled mine first,

He stood there lookin' at me and I saw him smile.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough

And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.

So I give ya that name and I said goodbye

I knew you'd have to get tough or die

And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

He said: "Now you just fought one hell of a fight

And I know you hate me, and you got the right

To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.

But ya ought to thank me, before I die,

For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye

Cause I'm the son-of-a-[censored] that named you "Sue.'"

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun

And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,

And I came away with a different point of view.

And I think about him, now and then,

Every time I try and every time I win,

And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him

Bill or George! Anything but Sue! I still hate that name!

• Like 1

The newly updated and much better version Highlights.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/angus-brayshaw-highlights

Two words... All Class!

It is seriously insane how this kid can kick and hit targets lace out with both sides of his feet. I am still yet to work out what his preferred foot is??

He combines a skill of silk, inside grunt work and strong overhead marking. Pick 2 or 3 either way we will have a beauty here and can't wait to see him run out next year.

Time to get the ball rolling again with this one!

2dPuX.gif

• Like 1

Curious to know how good Angus's old man was as a footballer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Brayshaw

110 games for Claremont, 32 for North. Probably a fair indication that had he been a Victorian he might have played 100+ games for North. But I have no idea what standard.

Anyway I much prefer the new highlights. I don't actually think his kicking will be great at AFL level at least initially. He's not a natural beautiful kick (only a few players are). But it will be serviceable and I think we should develop his ability on his left. It's his decision making that stands out on that tape. Not an amazing speed or power guy but enough of both and good size and decent marking ability.

It might take him a while just to get up to the pace of AFL but if there's a player I want him to become and think he can become it's Travis Boak. They are the highlights I'd be giving him to watch.

• Like 1

from the footage I saw of Dunstan he was like a Qtrback in U-18's, halfback line?.... Brayshaw look more like a busy pivot link man from the way I see him atmo. centreline

I think Dunstan played a bit of half back in the champs but was mixing it as a midfielder in the SANFL. Like most midfielders he probably found it easier to drop back and get a kick at half back than to stretch forward in to open space.

I think Dunstan was as ready to go as they come. Had the body. Had the fitness. Had SANFL experience. I wont pretend to know if he'll kick on and step up a gear of if he's found his level.

What I'm hoping with Brayshaw is that Roos is like a sage old horse trainer and makes him show him every step of the way that he's ready before he gives him a shot. But I agree he looks like a player who will get his chance in the square (with heavy rotations to the wing and forward) instead of starting him at half back.

Anyone have the latest on his ankle? That's the first question.

I think Dunstan played a bit of half back in the champs but was mixing it as a midfielder in the SANFL. Like most midfielders he probably found it easier to drop back and get a kick at half back than to stretch forward in to open space.

I think Dunstan was as ready to go as they come. Had the body. Had the fitness. Had SANFL experience. I wont pretend to know if he'll kick on and step up a gear of if he's found his level.

What I'm hoping with Brayshaw is that Roos is like a sage old horse trainer and makes him show him every step of the way that he's ready before he gives him a shot. But I agree he looks like a player who will get his chance in the square (with heavy rotations to the wing and forward) instead of starting him at half back.

After 40 days he went for his first run last week. He pulled up well and will be right to go from day 1 of preseason.

For those that don't, he kicked 11.8 that day.

.. and a couple out-on-the-full just to complete the scoresheet. Also got reported.

I still remember the start of the match report in the paper the following day: "It was a goal that belonged more to the soccer fields of Europe than the MCG..."

thats what I'm referring to, Dunstans dropping back to receive the balls coming back out, & to organise the attack. Didn't watch his starting point, but rather how he was handling his decisions & great use of the ball. Thats what impressed me, & wanted us to go after him at around the 16 - 25 area.

Across the centreline, wing, IMO, or F/flank pushing hard up past the wing to link. If we draft him. I wouldn't start him inside this year, apart from select cameo's... We all know Roosy's thoughts on watts debut.