Players to target at the end of the year

I reckon the Saints would kill to land mcCartin and Wright, maybe we can line up a trade for Jack Steven?

They are almost a cert to get the #1 pick, which will get them a tall. Jack Steven is basically their only young midfielder with any talent - unless he wants out there is no way they will part with him. Someone like an Armitage might be available but the Saints need all the class they can get and Steven has it in spades.

They are almost a cert to get the #1 pick, which will get them a tall. Jack Steven is basically their only young midfielder with any talent - unless he wants out there is no way they will part with him. Someone like an Armitage might be available but the Saints need all the class they can get and Steven has it in spades.

While I agree I think they will believe they are at least 4 years off, the potential to set up a forward combo of Wright and McCartin would be very tempting, i'd also say Petracca might be seriously considered, he might be too good to pass up, despite the talls

While I agree I think they will believe they are at least 4 years off, the potential to set up a forward combo of Wright and McCartin would be very tempting, i'd also say Petracca might be seriously considered, he might be too good to pass up, despite the talls

4 years at a minimum, but Steven will still be a major part of the line up even then. But, outside of a few players in the league, never say never I guess. I would hope the club pushes hard during trade week(s) and we can nab a star if possible.

Haha..just a tad harsh. Dunstan? Billings? Templeton? The first two have shown plenty, and Templeton is no slouch either.

Haha..just a tad harsh. Dunstan? Billings? Templeton? The first two have shown plenty, and Templeton is no slouch either.

True - I didn't get it across well but I meant more in terms of being their #1 midfielder right now. Even with a few of those guys coming through they will need Jack Steven to lead the line, and after losing Goddard and Dal Santo over consecutive seasons they would be mad to do it 3 years in a row, particularly with Steven still having a decade of footy in front of him.

Mike Sheahan reckons Sydney in the race to get Frawley and floats a hypothetical of a swap for Tom Mitchell. States that Mitchell use to live with Roosy, and that Sydney need to tread carefully with Mitchell.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/recap-what-you-missed-on-the-monday-night-footy-tv-smorgasbord-gary-ablett-and-brian-lake-main-topics/story-fnelctok-1226981077467

Edited by ChaserJ

Mike Sheahan reckons Sydney in the race to get Frawley and floats a hypothetical of a swap for Tom Mitchell. States that Mitchell use to live with Roosy, and that Sydney need to tread carefully with Mitchell.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/recap-what-you-missed-on-the-monday-night-footy-tv-smorgasbord-gary-ablett-and-brian-lake-main-topics/story-fnelctok-1226981077467

Wishful thinking.

Frawley is an UFA - he can go wherever he wants without the need for a trade - Sydney does not have to engage with us. And they wouldn't.

• Like 4

Wishful thinking.

Frawley is an UFA - he can go wherever he wants without the need for a trade - Sydney does not have to engage with us. And they wouldn't.

If Sydney end up landing Frawleys signature, I'LL SPEW UP!

there will be 17 clubs lining up at the doors of AFL house if the Swans even make an offer for Chip, I reckon he's a Hawk or a Docker in 2015 either way

Wishful thinking.

I also think it's unlikely. Trade is still possible if all parties agree, but would think it would have to be an extremely unique set of circumstances for that to occur.

Haha. Tom Mitchell for a second rounder? "Tell him he's dreaming"

Mitchell is going to be a serious player. He just can't break into an experienced, elite midfield, ater coming back from injury.

I had no idea that Tom Mitchell used to live with Roosy.

It really gives us a rock solid link, if we are to move for him.

Mitchell was super impressive last year at AFL level, I reckon he'd be a fantastic get, if they wanted a first rounder I would probably be hoping for steak knives as well though,

Pick 4 for Mitchell and Bird?

Rohan?

Membery?

2nd Rounder?

Mitchell & Bird would be a massive win for us, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Mitchell alone would be the asking price.

Add a 2nd rounder and we'd be laughing.

I know his form hasn't been great but I would like Mitchell with Rohan. Roos & Stone would know the upside but his height, pace and long kick could be a real value for us on a wing or off half back.

Mitchell & Bird would be a massive win for us, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Mitchell alone would be the asking price.

Add a 2nd rounder and we'd be laughing.

the only real chance in my opinion is that Sydney need to release the pressure on the salary cap a bit and see those two as non essential going forward

Mitchell and Bird that is.

Edited by Mike Nolan

Sydney also have a raft of high quality mids on the way up and in via the Academy. Lloyd Peris will break in at some point and Isaac Heeney, Josh Dunkley and Callum Mills are all top end quality mids who will join this year and next. As good as Mitchell may be, he has some serious competition for a spot in the midfield both from holdovers and up and comers.

Mitchell probably would have started this season somewhere near on par with Parker, but I think Parker has gone ahead in leaps and bounds. There's a number of reasons why Mitchell would be looking elsewhere at the moment.

Surely if the Swans were to win it this year and Parker has 2 Premiership Medals by the age of 22 he would have to seriously entertain a 5 year $3m offer and the chance to move home?

They have highly rated young midfielders coming through in Tom Mitchell, Lloyd Perris and now Isaac Heeney, and Sydney surely can't afford to match a big offer.

He was a Dandenong boy so the Casey alignment shouldn't be a huge turn off.

I think Roos might look to turn one of our early picks into 2 ready made players so what about the compo pick for Luke Parker and Zac Jones? If both players were going to get significant pay increases and really want to get to Melbourne Sydney might see it as some some slight salary cap relief and with a top 5 pick they could then take Durdin, the best young KPD in the draft, as Grundy and Richards are nearing the end?

Ideal off season- On the assumption Frawley goes;

Roos and Jackson both sign on for another 2 years (3 would be better)

Sign Brett Kirk as Successor

Trade both our first round picks and any fringe players

Get Tom Mitchell and Gary Rohan

Target Jake Carlisle

Another free agent: Okeefe/Malceski

FINGERS CROSSED

Dont know why all the love for Gary Rohan? have not seen him once show he will be a good ordinary player.

I know he has been injured and has good speed but I wouuld rather Sam Blease then him. Atleast we have seen the potential, eg 5 goals against the saints.

Grossly overated. Struggle to even impact the NEAFL comp.

• Like 2

Ideal off season- On the assumption Frawley goes;

Roos and Jackson both sign on for another 2 years (3 would be better)

Sign Brett Kirk as Successor

Trade both our first round picks and any fringe players

Get Tom Mitchell and Gary Rohan

Target Jake Carlisle

Another free agent: Okeefe/Malceski

FINGERS CROSSED

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, nooooo thanks.

• Like 1