WATTS, SHORT CIRCUITING OR NOT?

picket fence

ok,on a personal note,its obvious i dont think this bloke will make enough contribution to our club,but to be equal and fair.

after 70 games?

how many GOOD games do you think JW owes us?

how long will it take to get a proper season out of jack?

weighed against injury,new players and team balance in the future,is this achievable?

if you think these goals are achievable how long do we continue along the current theme of his form?

and when does it end for us and jack?

whats your breaking point on this player?

this year?

next year?

2016?

This year, hasn't had any serious injuries I can remember. As I mentioned earlier we had to give him a chance under Roos, he is flat out of excuses. Only problem is now his trade value has dropped from first round.

ok,on a personal note,its obvious i dont think this bloke will make enough contribution to our club,but to be equal and fair.

after 70 games?

how many GOOD games do you think JW owes us?

how long will it take to get a proper season out of jack?

weighed against injury,new players and team balance in the future,is this achievable?

if you think these goals are achievable how long do we continue along the current theme of his form?

and when does it end for us and jack?

whats your breaking point on this player?

this year?

next year?

2016?

He is contracted.

If Roos cannot get Watts playing to his (Roos) level I suggest at the end of next year he will be offered up for trade.

The variables, Roos extends his contract. Injury to Watts. Watts start to show form.

He is contracted.

If Roos cannot get Watts playing to his (Roos) level I suggest at the end of next year he will be offered up for trade.

The variables, Roos extends his contract. Injury to Watts. Watts start to show form.

I doubt Roos will have a 4 month timeframe on Watts. More likely he'd want to see a continual progression over this season & beyond.

I have held back but I think we need to listen to what Roos has said and now what Bernie Vince has said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-29/everyone-looks-up-to-watts?utm_medium=RSS

Perhaps there is something going on we dont know about and we need to let the coach and players deal with this one.

• Like 1

I have held back but I think we need to listen to what Roos has said and now what Bernie Vince has said.

Perhaps there is something going on we dont know about and we need to let the coach and players deal with this one.

sorry Bernie... maybe you need to have another look at those handbag jobs of tackling and the instant 'give ups" of Watts.

There's "Laconic style " and then theres playing with no effect. Notice I say effect. Im sure he puts some effort in.it just presents as sfa

walks like, sounds like.........

"As soon as something happens to Melbourne, it seems to be Jack Watts' fault," Vince told AFL.com.au.

sounds like bernie has been reading too much demonland - lol

sorry Bernie... maybe you need to have another look at those handbag jobs of tackling and the instant 'give ups" of Watts.

There's "Laconic style " and then theres playing with no effect. Notice I say effect. Im sure he puts some effort in.it just presents as sfa

walks like, sounds like.........

I think they just mean they want to handle it inhouse as it could be damaging for Jacks health & career if he cops too much more.

judging by what we've witnessed & the tack taken by club, its as if jacks nearly ready to give up. I'd say Jacks been copping some inhouse criticism & direction, is struggling with this & is out of love with the game at this time.

So maybe we should backoff, in the trust that the club is indeed working on the issue with Jack. & they know being close to him whats happening.

We've got our answer, that the situation is being addressed in a developmental way.

• Like 1

RN I have said this before about DJ but here goes again.

I have a good friend who was at the MFC as a player when DJ arrived, every player on the roster knew he was getting paid 5 times more than the better players and 10 times more than the average player.

The majority simple held the attitude that if he is that good let him get the bloody ball himself.

Now while he was not as good as he was cracked up to be the way the whole thing was handled by the administration was a classic case of what not to do.

DJ was doomed before his first game.

So Mr D.... what you' re saying is...the folding stuff he was on put a whole lot of noses outta joint and he was shunned on the field and hung out to dry by the bulk of his team mates? If so it sounds like a pretty unfortunate set of circumstances.

I doubt Roos will have a 4 month timeframe on Watts. More likely he'd want to see a continual progression over this season & beyond.

You can't be serious, continual progression of what? If Watts tries any harder to avoid the contest he'll be out in the carpark. Edited by Al's Demons
  • Like 1

Watts had one foot out the door last year, Roos signs then Jack signs. Everyone knows Roos wants to play tough, accountable football. I'm assuming they spoke before Jack signed. I'm guessing 3/4 time on Saturday night wasn't the first time Roos has ever spoken to Watts. So what's the problem? Injured? Don't think so. You either want to put in or you don't. Has till years end to prove his worth or we take what we can get for him.

Edited by Al's Demons
  • Like 1

You can't be serious, continual progression if what? If Watts tries any harder to avoid the contest he'll be out in the carpark.

Continual progression of what they are starting to work on with him. its very possible that some home-truths have been spoken behind closed doors. & the young fella may have dropped his bundle a bit, with those words.

if this were to be the case, then he also needs their support & guidance, from the same crew who are trying to guide him. If this is the case, then throwing him to the sharks half way thru the process is just a sacrifice, nothing more. just destructive.

• Like 1

Watts had one foot out the door last year, Roos signs then Jack signs. Everyone knows Roos wants to play tough, accountable football. I'm assuming they spoke before Jack signed. I'm guessing 3/4 time on Saturday night wasn't the first time Roos has ever spoken to Watts. So what's the problem? Injured? Don't think so. You either want to put in or you don't. Has till years end to prove his worth or we take what we can get for him.

no, I sense this could be part of leading teams, & honesty sessions, which could be pretty rough on some.

I'm getting the feeling there is more to this than just what we see onfield.

I'd say from the clubs responses, that its a work in progress.

So Mr D.... what you' re saying is...the folding stuff he was on put a whole lot of noses outta joint and he was shunned on the field and hung out to dry by the bulk of his team mates? If so it sounds like a pretty unfortunate set of circumstances.

Correct

After reading my comment I forgot another piece My friend says he would have little to do with the lesser lights on his arrival which did not help either.

He changed after a couple of months but of course the damaged was done.

Correct

After reading my comment I forgot another piece My friend says he would have little to do with the lesser lights on his arrival which did not help either.

He changed after a couple of months but of course the damaged was done.

arrogance serves no one any good. but trouble. divisive attitudes only divide.

bring back Checkers & Smithy's ways; oh we are, with Roosy? social values of teamwork.

We've got our answer, that the situation is being addressed in a developmental way.

I dont really think so/ We have an observation of supposed work in progress and Imnot alone in thinking that theres no progress in reality just regression.

I dont really gaf where anyone plays on the field. All this inside outside mumbo jumbo is invariably nothing more than a poor mans attempt at camouflage a lack of basic footy ideology...i.e run hard, tackle hard, play hard , put in, and then again and on and on etc.irrespective of your supposed position or role. These are the non negotiables.

Seems some just dont get it...NON...NEGOTIABLE i.e do it or plss off.

I dont really think so/ We have an observation of supposed work in progress and Imnot alone in thinking that theres no progress in reality just regression.

I dont really gaf where anyone plays on the field. All this inside outside mumbo jumbo is invariably nothing more than a poor mans attempt at camouflage a lack of basic footy ideology...i.e run hard, tackle hard, play hard , put in, and then again and on and on etc.irrespective of your supposed position or role. These are the non negotiables.

Seems some just dont get it...NON...NEGOTIABLE i.e do it or plss off.

I think if it was as simple as poor attitude & bad behaviour, then Roos wouldn't hesitate. we can only assume that the taking aside was a message to the public that actions were being addressed.

... the fact that since the shyte has hit the media's fans, too much has been made of it, & the club & players are back pedaling, & are working on issues behind the scenes in-house.

this can only mean they are all working on these issues across the team, & most likely, the list.

Non negotiable doesn't have to mean, 'yesterday'. in development, this would mean you have to take on these values. if you refuse, then its goodbye. there is a learning curve timeframe to teach.

Edited by dee-luded

Continual progression of what they are starting to work on with him. its very possible that some home-truths have been spoken behind closed doors. & the young fella may have dropped his bundle a bit, with those words.

if this were to be the case, then he also needs their support & guidance, from the same crew who are trying to guide him. If this is the case, then throwing him to the sharks half way thru the process is just a sacrifice, nothing more. just destructive.

I like/agree with a lot of stuff you post but we can't be on the same page here.

Watts is naturally athletic, very quick, would be in the top bracket of AFL players in terms of skill/disposal. He would pick up new game plans/styles with relative ease. Were talking about the basics of the game, many of which can be done without the ball. He reads the play well, if these things are not getting done it's purely because he chooses not to do them. Let's no over complicate this.

• Like 1

Once again, as in the other thread -- not a conscious decision on Watts' behalf.

If it were, surely he'd choose to be good.

He just doesn't "get it" yet. May never.

But I think it's related to maturity.