Changes next week - what to do?

Gorgoroth

Out: Pederson

In: The Pig

It's been hard to take that loss. I keep telling myself that it was only one game but I really thought we'd win that one. I don't think that Pederson would have won any accolades from the coaching staff.

Anyway, I like your sense of humour. Very funny "great one".

Does anyone know how far off Jamar is? If he's available, plonk him in the square... If he's not available, then put him there anyway...lol.. Surely he would be better at a key position role, then our small forwards... At least he could bring it to ground...

I would say 12 disposals, 40 hitouts, and 9 tackles is better than what we would have got from a fit Jamar last night, so it's not like we have a better option.

But his second efforts were the best for a ruckman since Stynes. I have said that he aint AFL standard, but my hats off to him, Stafford and Roos; for the effort last Saturday night.

From where we come from (54%) and where we are (massive injury list and injuries during game), the effort and intensity and September game style was there. Nearly every KPI we succeeded in.

Roos indicated on afl.com that Viney will play another game for Casey.

Not a great drama either way as the Eagles game is not winnable.

West Coast have definitely improved this year, they will make top 4 this year.... I'm not confident, but every game is winnable...
  • Like 1

What to do next week?

Pray

It is our only chance

Maybe that's our problem! It explains the missed shots, the umpiring howlers, the injuries, Pedersen & Byrnes ...

Should never try to pray when we're playing the Saints!

And since when does God back the Demons anyway?

Maybe that's our problem! It explains the missed shots, the umpiring howlers, the injuries, Pedersen & Byrnes ...

Should never try to pray when we're playing the Saints!

And since when does God back the Demons anyway?

Well it is the only thing I have not tried over the last 50 years Akum.

All else have been dismal failures.

The years are passing and I am getting desperate.

Desperate situations need desperate actions

i didn't actually see him turn it over too much, saw him out contested 2 to 1, and he won the ball back, i really like the way he goes about it. i think he deserves a little more persistence at this stage.

I agree. I watched it on the box and a couple of times the commentators called the wrong name. Live would have been better to make a judgement but I think it needs to be remembered that that this was his first full game. Watched him over here last year and he is worth the perseverance. But I am biased.

Spencer and Gawn to play , Pederson moves back for the injured Macdonald , 'id play Blease Viney ,Salem and will need a tagger so maybe Mckenzie, JKH starting on the ground and hey when he is clear kick it to him!

Drop Matt Jones, Cross , Byrnes and Bail.

Spencer and Gawn to play , Pederson moves back for the injured Macdonald , 'id play Blease Viney ,Salem and will need a tagger so maybe Mckenzie, JKH starting on the ground and hey when he is clear kick it to him!

No. You obviously didn't watch the game

• Like 2

I agree. I watched it on the box and a couple of times the commentators called the wrong name. Live would have been better to make a judgement but I think it needs to be remembered that that this was his first full game. Watched him over here last year and he is worth the perseverance. But I am biased.

In retrospect to my initial comment I actually agree I am probably being too harsh for a second gamer. It was obvious though to me at the ground that he did not work hard defensively. I also think if right Jordie probably needs to come and take Shuey or Priddis. Assuming Fitz and T-Mac get up who do you drop? Byrnes?

In Gawn, Jordie and Blease.

Out Pederson, JKH, Byrnes

That's nice. Shame it goes against everything Roos has said he will do.

Dropping 4 fit and experienced players for mainly kids.

Matt Jones was good against the saints. Cross was serviceable, he laid a lot of tackles and did a heap of running both ways, his main mistake was not padding his stats like some other mids. Bail turned it over a bit but got a lot of ball in the right spots, if he had forward targets to work with he would've had a good game. Byrnes was Byrnes.

In retrospect to my initial comment I actually agree I am probably being too harsh for a second gamer. It was obvious though to me at the ground that he did not work hard defensively. I also think if right Jordie probably needs to come and take Shuey or Priddis. Assuming Fitz and T-Mac get up who do you drop? Byrnes?

But did McKenzie play for Casey and is he fit? Also if we are tagging Priddis we are in a world of trouble. You have to win your own ball to beat Priddis, tagging him is a waste of a player. Shuey maybe, but he rotates forward and I'd rather have him chasing someone than the other way around.

Michie has played half a game of footy, he's going to need time. I'd rather give him that time in the team now and whilst I want McKenzie in the team we might be better in attack. I'm a huge wrap for McKenzie but I feel like a few weeks at Casey getting 30+ touches could help him long term. Too many consecutive tagging efforts and you lose the ability to find your own ball. As we are never in front in games we never free McKenzie up to play offensively. I'm a fan of taggers but I like the Sydney model where O'Keefe would tag but if needed could go after the footy as well. McKenzie's kicking doesn't bother me as much as when he came in to the team he was a clearance player and good handballer as well as a lock down tagger. I'd rather see him do more of that before he is used as a pure tagger.

It was hard to make out on the box but it looked like Michie was played on the hff in the second half. Is that correct?. Never seen him play there.

Roos said fitzy & McDonald a def chance as not playing till Sunday. He basically would like to take the scoreboard away & just let the players focus on the good things they did.. Happy with the midfield. Cross' s job on Armitage....conceded lack of tall forwards made it harder to implement the game plan.....would be reluctant to play watts up forward because it was his best game for the club & he feels he has been stuffed around by the club enough . ( I agree with that)

• Like 2

Well it is the only thing I have not tried over the last 50 years Akum.

All else have been dismal failures.

The years are passing and I am getting desperate.

Desperate situations need desperate actions

OD, maybe it's just a matter of picking the right teams to pray against.

God surely wouldn't support the Weagles, would he? They've got away with far too much already.

Or maybe we just need to find the right god for football matters.

Lordweaver, any advice? Or should we leave the supernatural well alone?

BBO, is it time to sacrifice a virgin or two?

It was hard to make out on the box but it looked like Michie was played on the hff in the second half. Is that correct?. Never seen him play there.

He played mainly high half forward. It wasn't that he didn't get much ball he actually looked good winning it. It was that he blazed most times when he got it and turned it back over and did not appear to play near a man for the entirety of the game. Happy to chalk it up though as inexperience and give him another shot. Someone can tell me but I am pretty sure that Jordie has played most pre-season but was injured this last week? If so I doubt he will play at Casey as we will need to try and stifle them at the contest.

But did McKenzie play for Casey and is he fit? Also if we are tagging Priddis we are in a world of trouble. You have to win your own ball to beat Priddis, tagging him is a waste of a player. Shuey maybe, but he rotates forward and I'd rather have him chasing someone than the other way around.

Michie has played half a game of footy, he's going to need time. I'd rather give him that time in the team now and whilst I want McKenzie in the team we might be better in attack. I'm a huge wrap for McKenzie but I feel like a few weeks at Casey getting 30+ touches could help him long term. Too many consecutive tagging efforts and you lose the ability to find your own ball. As we are never in front in games we never free McKenzie up to play offensively. I'm a fan of taggers but I like the Sydney model where O'Keefe would tag but if needed could go after the footy as well. McKenzie's kicking doesn't bother me as much as when he came in to the team he was a clearance player and good handballer as well as a lock down tagger. I'd rather see him do more of that before he is used as a pure tagger.

Agree on all counts. McKenzie playing offensively would have been handy on Saturday.

The one we need to tag is Hurn. He sets them up so well.

Out at Casey yesterday the only players who looked ready and match fit were Gawn and Blease.

Salem looked good in patches but needs more development.

The rest looked like they needed more game time to be match ready.

what about evans? casey site had him as best

Gawn is a definite starter next week

he will replace whoever is injured out of McD or Fitzy

If both get cleared, Pedo will be sacrificed.

I also felt we missed Garland the most. Vince played in the back line most of the night.

We need him in that Mid / fwd role.

Toumpas kicked poorly and turned over too many. If Viney was fit Toump would go.

Byrnes has to go. To be replaced by my Love Child Michael Evans. (No Bias though)