Colin Sylvia

Bobby McKenzie

Correct weight.

I have a plan for Col. He has a strong case for misrepresentation against the Fremantle recruiter who said they would turn him into a star at Dockerland. :lol:

He evidently didn't mean in the Seniors he must have meant at Peel Thunder.

Sylvia was my most disliked footballer at the club purely because of the waste.

Simply put, I saw enough to believe that he has the talent to be in the top 20 players in the comp.

The only missing piece to his game is between his ears - application and attitude.

That missing piece is a whopper and unless that can change ( which I have grave doubts) he will be an AFL also ran.

( compare this to Nat Jones who I love - I keep seeing "elite" being written about him on here . The only thing elite about Nathan Jones is his attitude and will to be the best he can be . Colin has more natural talent in his little finger than Nat Jones but it is no contest as to who you would have in your team.)

Sylvia was my most disliked footballer at the club purely because of the waste.

Simply put, I saw enough to believe that he has the talent to be in the top 20 players in the comp.

The only missing piece to his game is between his ears - application and attitude.

That missing piece is a whopper and unless that can change ( which I have grave doubts) he will be an AFL also ran.

( compare this to Nat Jones who I love - I keep seeing "elite" being written about him on here . The only thing elite about Nathan Jones is his attitude and will to be the best he can be . Colin has more natural talent in his little finger than Nat Jones but it is no contest as to who you would have in your team.)

Doesn't have the attributes to be top 50 let alone top 20 and it's not just application.

• Like 2

Col played 157 games and kicked 129 goals for our football club.....I understand the frustration with Col but he deserves some recognition of the contribution he made to the footy club

He is now gone.....How about we just thank him and wish him luck with Freo...

• Like 7

Col played 157 games and kicked 129 goals for our football club.....I understand the frustration with Col but he deserves some recognition of the contribution he made to the footy club

That's not how things work here... on here we rubbish players and state our desire for them to be traded or delisted, and then when they walk off their own accord, we revile them for deserting the club and/or continue to rubbish them for their performances at their new club.

• Like 4

His B & F speech last year said it all....

Sorry WYL....Missed it ....Elaborate?????

Worth hunting down Boss. Sadly he had very little to say after 10 seasons. A wasted career and i think he knew it.

I am glad he has left, nothing personal but his standards are just not high enough.

If he plays 10 games under Ross Lyon i would be amazed.

Worth hunting down Boss. Sadly he had very little to say after 10 seasons. A wasted career and i think he knew it.

I am glad he has left, nothing personal but his standards are just not high enough.

If he plays 10 games under Ross Lyon i would be amazed.

OK......This is Cols record for 2013 in which the WHOLE TEAM was absoluty S**thouse

6th General kicks

2nd Short kicks

5th Contested marks

4th Handballs

5th Handballs received

2nd Tackles

1st Inside 50's

2nd Hardball gets

And 5th the the best and fairest

How about we just leave it at that and as I said wish him well for the future...

P.S. I think (and could be proved wrong here) he is eligible for life membership

Not such a bad record for a no hoper

• Like 5

Doesn't have the attributes to be top 50 let alone top 20 and it's not just application.

I watched him tear it up too many to agree. Unfortunately 2-3 times a year over 10 years is not enough and the difference between his good and bad was enormous.

OK......This is Cols record for 2013 in which the WHOLE TEAM was absoluty S**thouse

6th General kicks

2nd Short kicks

5th Contested marks

4th Handballs

5th Handballs received

2nd Tackles

1st Inside 50's

2nd Hardball gets

How about we just leave it at that and as I said wish him well for the future...

P.S. I think (and could be proved wrong here) he is eligible for life membership

all true......but it was a contract year :)

col might surprise us this year....but then we've been saying that for years

still he's no longer a demon, so i really couldn't care too much now (as long as doesn't play a blinder against us)

I watched him tear it up too many to agree. Unfortunately 2-3 times a year over 10 years is not enough and the difference between his good and bad was enormous.

You've got to watch what he does, if the ball is in front of him he's ok. He has a lot of good physical attributes but it's the ones he doesn't have that have held him back and make it easy for opposition teams with the exception of Richmond to deal with him.

If you watch the way he plays he doesn't make good decisions because he doesn't have any awareness of what is around him and it's this that has held back his football. He can take a good mark for his size, he is a long accurate kick and he is not slow. He can only kick to a teammate if he is directly in his vision, he can sometimes use pure strength to break a tackle but can't evade it because he doesn't know where it is coming from, he is slow to get a ball off with hands because he doesn't know what the option is. He also really doesn't know where to run, to make good position. All this was on show last night.

I reckon he has played pretty close to his potential at Melbourne, attitude would have improved him maybe another 5% but taken him no further.

• Like 1

All I was worried about in losing Sylvia to FA was the compensation. Getting a draft pick good enough to land a genuine mid in Vince was a fantastic result.

I don't hope he fails, I don't hope he succeeds, I'm indifferent to the player now. With that said I'm glad he is now another club's puzzle as opposed to the MFC's.

• Like 2

Sylvia's weakness is footy smarts which really limits him as a mid in his positioning and decision making.

If Freo have another good year he should play well as a half forward serviced by a winning midfield.

He was an odd choice for Freo given they seem well stocked with quality medium forward types.

• Like 1

Col never had a defensive side to his game which probably stems from his being a champion in his junior days when the best kid got to play on the ball and up forward. He came to us as that junior champ and was pampered rather than taught and coached in all facets of the game. In that respect, while Roos is the coach, our younger players can expect to get a good grounding in the basics before being unleashed on the main stage but for Col, it's probably too late for him to learn.

• Like 1

6th General kicks

2nd Short kicks

5th Contested marks

4th Handballs

5th Handballs received

2nd Tackles

1st Inside 50's

2nd Hardball gets

How dare you. Who do you think you are. What a disgrace. Bringing facts on to this site. FACTS. There's no place for facts here. You're in the wrong place if you want to start supporting arguments on here with FACTS. That's not how it works here. That's the second post supported by facts I've seen on here in one day. What's the place coming to.
  • Like 2