• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Current injury / fitness status

Roos can't lose

With only two rucks available for Friday and several other players apparently not playing does anyone have clear update on the status of our players i.e. are they injured unfit/ underdone or being (managed)

Who is unlikely to be available round 1?

In particular

• Jack Viney

• Jack Fitzpatrick

• Mark Jamar

• Max Gawn

I think that the status of Chris Dawes and Clark seems clearer with Dawes slightly underdone to play next match and Clark increasing load and fitness still at least a month or two off.

• Like 1

I spoke to Jack Viney a week or so ago, he is like Hogan and the rest of the younger brigade, he is being managed carefully, only knows one way to train, but he tends to overdo it, hence the hamstring, then knocking himself out first full session back.........told me with pride he had again been thrown out of weights session (like last year) for overdoing it...gotta love the guy

• Like 4

From what I hae read, heard and observed Clark wont be used till at least a few weeks int the season. Riley long term injury list/ The rest are all a good chance for round 1. I would very surprised that barring further injury Viney, Dawes and Hogan played in NAB 2. I think the ruck division wiill be right for round 1.

• Like 1

From what I hae read, heard and observed Clark wont be used till at least a few weeks int the season. Riley long term injury list/ The rest are all a good chance for round 1. I would very surprised that barring further injury Viney, Dawes and Hogan played in NAB 2. I think the ruck division wiill be right for round 1.

Not bad really, better then previous preseasons, just hope we get through NAB challenge and intra practice without any serious injuries

Clark still a bit of a mystery. From memory training reports pre season mentioned that he had joined the full group just before Christmas. Then he "tweaked" his hammy and has been gone for nearly two months. A really bad hammy is a two month injury how is this tweaked hammy ended up being two months.

Clark still a bit of a mystery. From memory training reports pre season mentioned that he had joined the full group just before Christmas. Then he "tweaked" his hammy and has been gone for nearly two months. A really bad hammy is a two month injury how is this tweaked hammy ended up being two months.

Has turned into a crock since early 2012.

Don't expect much till May

• Like 2

I saw Clark do his hammy and it didn't look too bad at the time. Definately not that "shot in the backside with a .22" looking injury. I think due the extended period off with the knackered foot they are taking a very conservative approach to building him back to full fitness. His whole body needs to me managed carefully so rather than it being the hammy healng its more about preventing further soft tissue injuries.

• Like 4

Has turned into a crock since early 2012.

Don't expect much till May

I definitely don't mean this disrespectfully, but how come there are so many comments like this one floating around about Mitch? It's hardly the guys fault he copped a serious injury, and at this stage he is doing everything in his power to get back, let's not forget guys like Hird and richo came back from similar. It's not like Matthew Egan where we are hearing it's going to be another 12 months- we are hearing he is doing everything possible and was doing everything right until Xmas. I understand everyone wants to see him back playing, but give the guy some credit- he is still in the leadership group and he obviously loves the club not to chuck it in and quit after his past 2 years. Can't we be positive that he WILL be back this year? Edited by Generation dee
  • Like 4

I definitely don't mean this disrespectfully, but how come there are so many comments like this one floating around about Mitch? It's hardly the guys fault he copped a serious injury, and at this stage he is doing everything in his power to get back, let's not forget guys like Hird and richo came back from similar. It's not like Matthew Egan where we are hearing it's going to be another 12 months- we are hearing he is doing everything possible and was doing everything right until Xmas. I understand everyone wants to see him back playing, but give the guy some credit- he is still in the leadership group and he obviously loves the club not to chuck it in and quit after his past 2 years. Can't we be positive that he WILL be back this year?

Just a statement of the facts Gd.

He has been out for the vast majority of the last two years.

The current path he seems to be on will IMO not see him contributing till well into the season.

He is on I think a four year deal and wants to play.

I made no mention of his desire, I am sure most people believe he is trying hard.

But the simple fact remains he has not been on the park much and does look like it yet this year.

Just a statement of the facts Gd.

He has been out for the vast majority of the last two years.

The current path he seems to be on will IMO not see him contributing till well into the season.

He is on I think a four year deal and wants to play.

I made no mention of his desire, I am sure most people believe he is trying hard.

But the simple fact remains he has not been on the park much and does look like it yet this year.

Understandable, given we need our best players playing more than any other club. That said, do you think posts belittling him really are justifiable? He isn't the first person to be injured nor to sign a long term deal- I use Nathan bock at Gold Coast as an example. The facts are as you pointed out he has played very little footy in his time as a dee, but the other facts are he has still not missed a game in 2014, and even if he does miss the first 3 or 4, that will be done with the intention of him being available the rest of the season. Shouldn't we give him the benifit of the doubt that he will play early, unless otherwise stated?

Understandable, given we need our best players playing more than any other club. That said, do you think posts belittling him really are justifiable? He isn't the first person to be injured nor to sign a long term deal- I use Nathan bock at Gold Coast as an example. The facts are as you pointed out he has played very little footy in his time as a dee, but the other facts are he has still not missed a game in 2014, and even if he does miss the first 3 or 4, that will be done with the intention of him being available the rest of the season. Shouldn't we give him the benifit of the doubt that he will play early, unless otherwise stated?

Not sure why we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No one is doubting his desire to play or willingness to train hard to make it.

Don't think I started out to belittle him, as I said just stated the position at the start of 2014.

Not sure why we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No one is doubting his desire to play or willingness to train hard to make it.

Don't think I started out to belittle him, as I said just stated the position at the start of 2014.

I must have misunderstood your "crock" reference. I don't mean his desire to return, I mean that he is on track to return early rounds. Not round 1, but 3, 4 or 5. Anyway you and I can talk all we want, the only people who really know are Mitch himself, and the medical team!

I must have misunderstood your "crock" reference. I don't mean his desire to return, I mean that he is on track to return early rounds. Not round 1, but 3, 4 or 5. Anyway you and I can talk all we want, the only people who really know are Mitch himself, and the medical team!

Yes Gd in the end it makes bugger all difference, he wont be playing any time soon.

With only two rucks available for Friday and several other players apparently not playing does anyone have clear update on the status of our players i.e. are they injured unfit/ underdone or being (managed)

Who is unlikely to be available round 1?

In particular

• Jack Viney

• Jack Fitzpatrick

• Mark Jamar

• Max Gawn

I think that the status of Chris Dawes and Clark seems clearer with Dawes slightly underdone to play next match and Clark increasing load and fitness still at least a month or two off.

From the look of things, there are three who won't be up for round 1. Garland, Riley and Clark. That's a pretty decent start to the year, although at least two of them hurt to have out.

Interesting to look on the AFL website. It looks at every club's injuries and we are way on the low side compared to most other clubs. From memory Carlton only have a couple of players out whilst GCS has 10 or so. Maybe this is the Mission factor.

Interesting to look on the AFL website. It looks at every club's injuries and we are way on the low side compared to most other clubs. From memory Carlton only have a couple of players out whilst GCS has 10 or so. Maybe this is the Mission factor.

I think it all depends in how teams classify their injuries, Melbourne has a lot of players not available for Friday but who aren't on the injury list.

• Jack Viney

• Jack Fitzpatrick

• Mark Jamar

• Max Gawn

Not injured? Just missing! I think these lists are misleading. Some clubs say they have heaps injured but all of a sudden they are back, other just leave players off lists, a la MFC

• Jack Viney

• Jack Fitzpatrick

• Mark Jamar

• Max Gawn

Not injured? Just missing! I think these lists are misleading. Some clubs say they have heaps injured but all of a sudden they are back, other just leave players off lists, a la MFC

Two of those are important!

yes it is some sort of record.

perhaps we can pretend its actually a higher figure.

just to keep the season on track with others.

misson 3 preseason folly ,might be paying off.

also there is probably a number of undisclosed minor injuries not reported as yet.

when the season proper starts,then these minor injuries will be listed.

yes it is some sort of record.

perhaps we can pretend its actually a higher figure.

just to keep the season on track with others.

misson 3 preseason folly ,might be paying off.

also there is probably a number of undisclosed minor injuries not reported as yet.

when the season proper starts,then these minor injuries will be listed.

I love an optimist.

PS. Stan Alves was a better player than Greg Wells . I think both came second in the Brownlow?

Edited by ManDee