All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

Irony works fine. It's sarcasm that's hard to pick up. Of course you need to be smart to detect irony, so I suppose it does go to waste from time to time.

I'm sure Moonshadow is really happy you stuck up for him. I don't know how he would have handled my "disdain and superiority" without you to intervene on his behalf. But I am sure you meant well.

Jeezus, I make a light hearted comment which had nothing intended behind it and suddenly you read into it some [censored] disapproval for social media. I've got no problem with it at all, but you must be glad Lil' Goffy stuck up for you.

And Lil'Goffy, you've read it incorrectly. But it's interesting that you read disdain and superiority then dished out far worse than what you claim I wrote. Hypocrite.

Perhaps what is going on in his personal life is directly affecting his ability to play? And perhaps, just perhaps, it has been his seeming inability to recover completely from his injuries that has put his personal life in a tailspin... in which case it is the club's concern and the club's business to deal with.

It leaves me gobsmacked that there are some who just don't get that.

I agree.. If things are pear shaped personally - then it can make other areas of life very difficult.

If our club can't provide Clark with support, then we'd be in strike. Thankfully the club are behind Clark.

We did draft Clark when we knew he had problems, we backed ourselves as a club to provide for Mitch - I am glad we are fulfilling our end of the deal.

stuie just which bit of Mitchs playing/injury history has escaped you?

Is Hogan putting his hand up for indefinite leave ?

There is no analogy here...no parallel of event.

Mitch Clark (personal leave) – TBC

Jesse Hogan (back) – TBA

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-03-18/viney-set-for-vfl-after-knock-last-week

Just admit that it's the type of injury Clark has that is going over your level of understanding.

Edited by stuie

We should write into new player contracts that they are not allowed to take photo's of loved ones and post them on the internet during the months of January to September. They are also not to publically state that they enjoy any activity other than football.

• Like 2

Jesse Hogan (back) – TBA

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-03-18/viney-set-for-vfl-after-knock-last-week

Just admit that it's the type of injury Clark has that is going over your level of understanding.

One is actively working to get his body right at the club while the other has taken 35k per week personal leave and is actively working on his photography. Slight difference?

• Like 1

Jesse Hogan (back) – TBA

No doubt Clarks leave will give him time to get over his injuries anyway.

Can't help to take some weight off his foot for a while - might do him some good.

Hogan and Dawes out there would all but ease the pain many are feeling about the Clark loss.

• Like 2

We should write into new player contracts that they are not allowed to take photo's of loved ones and post them on the internet during the months of January to September. They are also not to publically state that they enjoy any activity other than football.

He also offers photos of the same loved ones and a range of other subjects for retail sale through his website which has a different tenor and would hardly be covered by the clause which you propose.

Edited by CHAMP

Work/life balance..

People went up in arms about Demetriou taking leave when the AFL was a shambles, about Roos taking a holiday when taking the Dees job - a shambles.

It is no surprise people complain about Clark posting pics on twitter - when his side currently lacks a forward line and is a shambles.

Clark is a well paid bloke - employed to kick goals - taking pics on twitter at a time when his side has no forward line, I understand why people are frustrated,

But, at the same time.. Some people simply cannot play football when they have issues going on. Most can, but some can't.

The club backed itself to handle Mitch, now it's time to step up, I am glad the club has give him leave - but I do understand supporter frustration.

Frustration that is compounded by not having Dawes out there - who was also paid a stack to help our forward structure - and also having Jesse Hogan injured.

One is actively working to get his body right at the club while the other has taken 35k per week personal leave and is actively working on his photography. Slight difference?

Possibly the dumbest comment in the history of 'Land.

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

You'd think the money was coming out of the posters own pocket.

Here's hoping he can get his mind and body right and take his place up forward in the second half of the year.

• Like 1

Congratulations.

Nice, now you are abusing fellow Demon supporters on there opinion. Please grow up and keep this about Mitch.

You are now blocked.

Nice, now you are abusing fellow Demon supporters on there opinion. Please grow up and keep this about Mitch.

You are now blocked.

As opposed to abusing one of our players who is struggling so much he's had to take leave? Yeah, that's really brave...

Lets hope if Mitch has no intention of returning that he decides sooner then later so we can start chasing a Patton or Tex to fill the gap.

Let's hope he gets the actual support from the club that you're clearly not willing to give him and gets back into a headspace where he can come back and play footy.

I think the honorable and correct thing for Mitch to do is not to take money from the club while he is on indefinite leave and not contributing to the club.

It is 'OUR' money, and I hope that we wrote into his contract that 'personal leave' will not be financially rewarded by the club.

Offering support is one thing, taking charity is another.

Right now, Mitch is a charity case and he should really consider the honorable option if he is unsure about his future.

If he has plans to come back soon, that is a different story.

A football injury is very different to a personal crisis. One should be paid, the other should not.

Tough love, Tonatopia style.

• Like 1

I think the honorable and correct thing for Mitch to do is not to take money from the club while he is on indefinite leave and not contributing to the club.

It is 'OUR' money, and I hope that we wrote into his contract that 'personal leave' will not be financially rewarded by the club.

Offering support is one thing, taking charity is another.

Right now, Mitch is a charity case and he should really consider the honorable option if he is unsure about his future.

If he has plans to come back soon, that is a different story.

A football injury is very different to a personal crisis. One should be paid, the other should not.

Tough love, Tonatopia style.

Seriously how do people who think like this get it together enough to work out how to use a computer?!

Illness is illness. Whether it's the flu, a tight hammy, or mental illness. All should be paid per whatever his contract states.

Seriously how do people who think like this get it together enough to work out how to use a computer?!

Illness is illness. Whether it's the flu, a tight hammy, or mental illness. All should be paid per whatever his contract states.

Ok mate, tell your boss that.

"ummmm, I'm not sure whether I wanna work anymore, considering I've already got enough money to live the rest of my life, but can you please keep paying my wage in full until I work it out"

Yep, no probs stuie.

"ummmm, I'm not sure whether I wanna work anymore, considering I've already got enough money to live the rest of my life, but can you please keep paying my wage in full until I work it out"

Yep, no probs stuie.

Wow. Just when I think you couldn't get any dumber... Are you trolling or actually serious? Do you honestly think Mitch Clark has that attitude?

Lift your game mate, that's an exceptionally poor, ignorant, and archaic view.

Maybe start here:

http://workforcelegal.com.au/pages/faq-stress-claims.html

Yep, no probs stuie.

Please dont quote this guy, I have him blocked and dont want to see his posts as all he can do is make personal attacks when he cant justify why Clark should keep receiving payments while away from the club.

Fair enough if he were at the club and injured but being away from the club is a different story. My day job gives 3 days paid leave if a member of immediate family dies, after that I would get nothing.

Yep, no probs stuie.

Actually, if you are diagnosed as having mental stress that could be a result of your employment, you can be given paid leave... and I imagine in Clark's case, the fact that his injuries keep recurring as he attempts to get fit enough to return to the field, mean he is being placed under a lot of stress. And as I said in another post, I also imagine he is having to cope with a hell of a lot of abuse from people who believe he is being paid too much to just sit around, which would also be a major contributing factor.

• Like 1

not in favour of censorship, we will end up with a collective of monotonous conversations, mjt attacks mitch and gets attacked himself to the point of extinction by some moral high grounders who think only they have the mental fortitude and reason to decide what is right or wrong, some of you act like mitch is your only son ffs, it will be a very dull and self serving forum is this continues, he is a demon supporter and deserves a place on here

There is a difference between differing opinions and abuse.

Yet to see anyone chopped for differing opinions but would like to see a lot more go for abusiveness. It's just not necessary.

Fair enough if he were at the club and injured but being away from the club is a different story. My day job gives 3 days paid leave if a member of immediate family dies, after that I would get nothing.

What about if you were in a job that meant you were in a position where you were exposed to the public and that some of the public you had to deal with on a daily basis became abusive towards you because of something your employer had done over which you had no control? What if that abuse started to affect your mental health? Would your employer leave you high and dry or would you be granted paid leave?

I'm not saying that the MFC is directly responsible for Mitch's predicament, but I am saying that he has no control over the injuries and how long he will be off the field (such things ARE decided by the club), yet there are probably many "supporters" who feel he is personally responsible for his situation and they are quite possibly letting him know either via social media, his personal website or even in the street.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

Dalai Lama. Daily tweeter.

(though even with a direct connection upstairs, he seemingly has no recommendations for our forward line, or insights into Mitch's timeframe).

that's cos he's just another witchdocter......beats me why he garners so much publicity

The one point of the argument I don't get is the money aspect.

So he is taking $35K a week personal leave. If he was on $1K per week that would be ok ? $10K ? What actually is the dollar value cut off point where taking personal leave due to issues is acceptable ?

• Like 2

Please dont quote this guy, I have him blocked and dont want to see his posts as all he can do is make personal attacks when he cant justify why Clark should keep receiving payments while away from the club.

Fair enough if he were at the club and injured but being away from the club is a different story. My day job gives 3 days paid leave if a member of immediate family dies, after that I would get nothing

you're attitude is disgusting,

1. stop being so entitled, Mitch has issues, we let him deal with them, if he is getting paid during that time has absolutely nothing to do with you, that's between Mitch and the MFC,

2. if we throw Mitch to the wolves now we might as well fold and move to Tassie because it will destroy any culture we have built.

3. Stuie wasn't saying their injuries are similar, he was saying not paying Mitch is setting a precedent that if you are going through tough times you won't be supported by MFC.

• Like 3