All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

someone might like to link this thread to him on twitter.

i know for a fact (as i personally know some players from the past and present) that the players are encouraged not to look at this website or other fan forums but this is full of honest praise for the big guy and hopefully lets him know that we are all still behind him!

I reckon we let people post for a few days and maybe on Monday someone can send him the link via twitter/instagram/fb...

• Like 1

Mitch Clark is a leader, it is a shame he isn't out there.. But, that isn't his fault, football is a tough and frustrating game.

We'd all rather Mitch get back out there in good nick, no rush.. This guy is just stiff.. Dawesy, Hogan and Clark would give their left nut to be out there.

Sorry to go off topic but well done for coming up with this idea Stuie, I reckon it's the meaning of being a Dees supporter to rally behind our own during tough times, and i reckon Mitch will really appreciate the thought!

• Like 1

Shattering to hear the rumours (which I guess they still are at the moment, with no confirmed news from the club) that Clark's suffered another soft tissue injury.

IMO he's one of the 5-10 best forwards in the game when he's up and going, so every match he's not playing for us is a big loss, but I'll reserve my worry until we hear something more official.

Mitch Clark will be out of football indefinitely, with his club giving him leave to deal with his health. On http://afl.com.au soon

Demons not sure when he will be back but will work with him to get back. Say he will be away for an extended time. Also rehabbing a calf

Very sensitive situation. Obviously needs to be reported given won't be at the club, but will need time and space from now on

​Tweets from different journos tonight.

Mitch Clark will be out of football indefinitely, with his club giving him leave to deal with his health. On http://afl.com.au soon

Demons not sure when he will be back but will work with him to get back. Say he will be away for an extended time. Also rehabbing a calf

Very sensitive situation. Obviously needs to be reported given won't be at the club, but will need time and space from now on

​Tweets from different journos tonight.

i wouldn't be to hopeful he is going to run onto the MCG again.

This is very sad. He wanted to honour the number 11

i wouldn't be to hopeful he is going to run onto the MCG again.

This is very sad. He wanted to honour the number 11

This is the first thing to think when this happens, but I still hold out some hope. With Hogan, Dawes, Fitzy and Howe we still have a dangerous forward line, but it looks so much better with Clark down there as well. Just hoping this time away can be a positive time for him and he can come back with a new focus and renewed vigour for getting back out on the park.

Notice the term 'health issue' and wellbeing. Not injury issue. And doctors not surgeons or physios.

Injuries are very tough. So is being a single father and planning a wedding.

I hope anyone who even joked about yet alone considered the photography hindering Mitch understands it's most likely the complete opposite.

Get well soon Mitch. Take care of your health, footy never lasts for ever regardless.

Supposedly he's recently done a calf. I don't see how that reflects your earlier comments.

What difference does it make the guys not playing and probably won't this season stop being a sook.

Happy to accept your apology hardtrack, binman and Young Dee. Maybe his photography was an 'escape'.

• Like 1

He had to alter his running style because of the foot injury and that's causing the soft tissue problems; that clearer? If his altered running style continually causes soft tissue problems and they can't sort it out he may be unable to continue. At the moment they don't seem to have an answer.

Can't see what it is you can't understand.

There's no altering of running style/reconditioning after best part of 2 years out of the game are likely to create soft tissue injuries I'm not arguing with that. What I don't understand is why that would create long term soft tissue injuries that continue one after the other.

At the moment it's looking shaky as he's been in the same cycle for 3 months and had a hammy and calf reported and probably some tightness and things along the way. But with a player of Mitch's ability you keep trying for 2 or so years like Gumbleton or Higgins you don't give up after 3 months. A changed running style is made to be more biometrically correct to prevent injuries, yes that and reconditioning can lead to problems but the leap from that to career threatening I don't understand. Unless your source had particular reason that I'm not aware of why it wont work.

• Like 2

This is the first thing to think when this happens, but I still hold out some hope. With Hogan, Dawes, Fitzy and Howe we still have a dangerous forward line, but it looks so much better with Clark down there as well. Just hoping this time away can be a positive time for him and he can come back with a new focus and renewed vigour for getting back out on the park.

It wasn't my first thought.

Before we jump the gun and start taking about mental health issues, let's be certain that's what this is all about.

What else would it be. Josh Mahoney said that football comes last here.

Just get behind Mitch, this injury is nobody's fault.

What we need to do is start accepting life without him. As unfortunate as that sounds, it is the reality of the situation. If his head is not right (which is what seems to be the issue), that's going to be as big of a hurdle to overcome as his foot and soft-tissue problems.

At this stage, it will be a bonus to see him in the red and blue again. It will be nothing less than a miracle if he turns out to be anything more than a shadow of his former self.

What we need to do is start accepting life without him. As unfortunate as that sounds, it is the reality of the situation. If his head is not right (which is what seems to be the issue), that's going to be as big of a hurdle to overcome as his foot and soft-tissue problems.

At this stage, it will be a bonus to see him in the red and blue again. It will be nothing less than a miracle if he turns out to be anything more than a shadow of his former self.

Good thing we didn't trade Fitzy. Might be time to give Gawn a go up forward too. This thread is not the place of course.

What else would it be. Josh Mahoney said that football comes last here.

Just get behind Mitch, this injury is nobody's fault.

Hes on $35,000 a game I feel sorry for the guy and hope he's ok but I think it's in everyone's best interest that Mitch retires, if he can't play or even get his head right to complete his rehab it's time for him to think about another job, who knows maybe the club can offer him a job but this saga just starting to look ridiculous .
  • Like 4