AGM

dee-eee

Meaning I don't have a problem with what is presented, but I may have with the information contained in the content, and I am one of the members who usually asks a ridiculous question......that the master receives telepathically

the reality being Satyr you would clap at whatever was presented regardless.
  • Like 2

I'm with Dee-ee here I feel that it's a confusing message to downgrade the information side although they then say a fair bit will be covered. We have suffered so much it just makes sense to me to give us as much as they can. Maybe next season with a little more success it could revert to minimum. Carn Dees

Some of the rubbish posted in this topic really sums up some posters..........it's quite easy.............. DON'T GO to the AGM

I have been to the last 5, don't have a problem with whatever content is presented

Have to disagree here Saty. I also have been to the last 5 AGM's and probably 16-18 of the last 20. The rubbish is not from the posters, but rather it is found in the way the club has approached the meetings.

I feel the members have been treated shabbily, in that, as has been stated previously, stupid kinder type questions have been asked of our new recruits and no real insight has been given into the footy direction. That said, I don't expect the game plan or any secrets to be let out, but some honest and frank discussion on our direction is what the members deserve.

Also the flippant stupidity from the last compere and I think it was Howcroft, the last few years, has annoyed the hell out of me.

In addition, unfortunately, the questions from the floor often are no better.

PS. The answer "Don't Go", is actually a bit insulting and very flippant, to those who want and deserve better.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 5

Have to disagree here Saty. I also have been to the last 5 AGM's and probably 16-18 of the last 20. The rubbish is not from the posters, but rather it is found in the way the club has approached the meetings.

I feel the members have been treated shabbily, in that, as has been stated previously, stupid kinder type questions have been asked of our new recruits and no real insight has been given into the footy direction. That said, I don't expect the game plan or any secrets to be let out, but some honest and frank discussion on our direction is what the members deserve.

Also the flippant stupidity from the last compere and I think it was Howcroft, the last few years, has annoyed the hell out of me.

In addition, unfortunately, the questions from the floor often are no better.

PS. The answer "Don't Go", is actually a bit insulting and very flippant, to those who want and deserve better.

It was at last years AGM I realised that we had a very poor coach.

It came home to me that he had little idea what to do next.

I walked away thinking we are in for a shocker this year and two games In my worst expectations were realised.

So to those who say you don't learn anything at AGM

I say go and see for yourself.

I find out more by what is not said or allowed to be said than what is often said.

I will be there this year and I don't clap if I don't think there is anything to clap about.

• Like 1

It was at last years AGM I realised that we had a very poor coach.

It came home to me that he had little idea what to do next.

I walked away thinking we are in for a shocker this year and two games In my worst expectations were realised.

So to those who say you don't learn anything at AGM

I say go and see for yourself.

I find out more by what is not said or allowed to be said than what is often said.

I will be there this year and I don't clap if I don't think there is anything to clap about.

I've always wanted to go and the date suits me this year OD. However, an important question, is there a sociable ale available?

Priorities people.

Just get the formalities over and get back to whats important - getting ready for the season so we can win some games.

Assuming we've got a quorum,would you like to propose that for a vote ?

Big Jimma tried to embrace the members. I can remember him emphasising that a club only exist for the members and they should feel like they belong. Can't help thinking that this type of action puts the members down the list, We are now in administration and the members come second.

Thanks RL. I'm a starter. All you people who want meet me, look for the ruggedly handsome bloke with an athletic build, steely grey hair and piercing blue eyes. Probably surrounded by women. You can buy me a drink.

I have been crunching a few numbers and you still need about 15000 votes for your shot at the Presidency.

I think we might have to bus in some constituents and bodgy a few proxies but as campaign manager ,everything appears on track.

• Like 2

You can even wear your favorite pastel-colored taffeta dress Bitty.

That Fuschia coloured number makes him look cheap and tawdry.

Even a little bit easy.

I have been crunching a few numbers and you still need about 15000 votes for your shot at the Presidency.

I think we might have to bus in some constituents and bodgy a few proxies but as campaign manager ,everything appears on track.

If I can win Stuie over, he'll bring at least er.... one vote with him.

I have to tell you blokes. I went to a fantastic performance of Midsummer Night's Dream at a local winery last Sat night. It was an outdoor performance and there was a comp for the best fairy. A few little girls with wings etc were sweet but the clear winner was a bald fat bloke of senior years who wore a vivid lime dress and cute little wings.

• Like 2

I have to tell you blokes. I went to a fantastic performance of Midsummer Night's Dream at a local winery last Sat night. It was an outdoor performance and there was a comp for the best fairy. A few little girls with wings etc were sweet but the clear winner was a bald fat bloke of senior years who wore a vivid lime dress and cute little wings.

Puck me drunk! You Romsey types are a diverse and sophisticated bunch of Thespians aren't you.

Congratulations are in order on your win.

• Like 1

the reality being Satyr you would clap at whatever was presented regardless.

I believe we have footage of Saty from the last AGM.

Throw him a fish and watch him go!

We don't really know what those who remain on the Board from the older ticket have contributed. The logic of saying all must go because the Board performed poorly is as logical as saying Nathan Jones should be delisted because the footy team has performed dreadfully since he joined the club.

That's not correct and your analogy with Nathan Jones does not illustrate your point.

Nathan Jones was not responsible for the teams on field performance or lack thereof. The Board were collectively responsible and accountable for the conduct of the Club which got us into the mire. Given that some have rightly been held to account including Coach, CEO and some Board members, it's surprising some have been kept on when in proper governance terms they all should have gone given equal culpability.

• Like 1

That's not correct and your analogy with Nathan Jones does not illustrate your point.

Nathan Jones was not responsible for the teams on field performance or lack thereof. The Board were collectively responsible and accountable for the conduct of the Club which got us into the mire. Given that some have rightly been held to account including Coach, CEO and some Board members, it's surprising some have been kept on when in proper governance terms they all should have gone given equal culpability.

I think the Nathan Jones analogy does correctly illustrate my point but perhaps we disagree about the issue. While decisions of the Board have to be seen in public as unanimous so that it appears the Board is of one mind, that will not reflect reality. On many issues the Board is likely to have a diversity of opinions. In fact, Board's operate best when the orthodoxy is challenged in house. But once a decision is made any well-functioning body has to provide a unified front.

As I said originally, I have no idea whether the current Board members who were there previously have - as individuals - been good or poor performers. I'm just saying it is naive to assume they supported every decision the previous Board made. And even if they did, that still doesn't mean they haven't got something valuable to offer today.

Edit: typos

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
  • Like 3

Thanks RL. I'm a starter. All you people who want meet me, look for the ruggedly handsome bloke with an athletic build, steely grey hair and piercing blue eyes. Probably surrounded by women. You can buy me a drink.

I'd rather buy the women a drink, unless they look like your avatar.

Well what if the 3 left, voted against every bad decision and argued against them as well?

Compares with the footballer analogy then, doesn't it?

• Like 1

I've always wanted to go and the date suits me this year OD. However, an important question, is there a sociable ale available?

There is not only the opportunity to buy a drink at the MCC Member's Bar (which you walk through enroute to the Member's Dining Room), but you are able to drink there on the night without a jacket and tie, the normal dress code, de rigeur in both the Members Bar and Long Room throughout the footy season.

• Like 1

Big Jimma tried to embrace the members. I can remember him emphasising that a club only exist for the members and they should feel like they belong. Can't help thinking that this type of action puts the members down the list, We are now in administration and the members come second.

there is a drawing

"charcoal on paper"

by glen morgan 1200.00 if youve got the dough

this drawing illustrates exactly your point,it shows jimmy with arms open and conducting a fan friendly meeting