• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL Officials in Trouble

Redleg

The Essendon board seems determined to support Hird and get Demetriou on this issue - Bombers ready to defy AFL and keep coach on the payroll.

It's high risk, costly and likely to explode in their faces. Surely, many of their fans would be mortified because among other things it will, in all likelihood, do nothing to help those players who are ultimately served with infraction notices.

But that is the thing WJ every Dons supporter I know is 100% behind Hird and the Dons lets take on the AFL stance, they (Hird and Dons) have done nothing wrong. It is something I just can't get my head around with the cost to there club this year and ongoing until it is all settled. If it wasn't for supporters donations to cover the cost of the new training ground they would have recorded a loss.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I see posters continuing to use terms such as Essendrug, The Poos, Carlscum etc.. it makes me think that they dont mix in society at all.

Sad.

When I see posters continuing to use terms such as Essendrug, The Poos, Carlscum etc.. it makes me think that they dont mix in society at all.

Sad.

On the other hand, maybe they pick up those terms by mixing in society....so maybe not so sad ? ;-)

Do you think Melbourne came out of the tanking issue a better club; our laundry was exposed for all to see and we survived so why shouldn't Essendon? Weren't you happy when Melbourne was cleaned out and the poor culture exposed.

This has to be exposed so no other club will ever think they are above the rest of the competition, for all we know there may be a history of cheating at Essendon that we don't know of.

On the contrary, the matter was carefully managed that we werent found officially guilty we were were fully punished and then sent over the cliff with fines and penalties we could never had endured. The Club was close to on its knees.

And MFC was cleaned out by the AFL taking control over the situation pushing out the incumbent board and administration and pumping money and people into the Club.

The impact of tanking investigation and the media attention was not good for the Club at all. The whole saga was a case of opposing interests selectively leaking to the Press. There were no winners and little truth to be found.

This is exactly the Essendon case. However in this matter you have a vexatious combatant club like Essendon running in denial and seek to fight and destroy one and all for the glory of James Hird.

And we will know all and sundry about what we could possibly be able to find out when ASADA completes its investigation.

Given what has been pushed through the Press by the PR hacks, there is an economy on the truth and from the average punters point of view an impossible position to determine what it actually is.

This continual potshotting is not solving anything but recklessly attacking the very institution of the games. And if it does damage the AFL and the game it damages MFC...badly.

Its a pity the parties have not adopted a mature, intelligent and pragmatic to a ghastly situation. The sooner rogues like Little, Hird, Thompson and one or two others are espunged from the game completely the better. Fingers crossed on ASADA.

Its for the good of the game that Essendon (sans those goons) starts building bridges with the competition for the good of all.

The sooner they are out the better. Unfortunately it might only happen if players get suspended, it's probably the only thing that will wake up their supporter group to demand action.

Some are slowly waking up to the damage that's been caused but most have their heads …...

Agree.

And the most important issue here the welfare and safety of the players may have to come to the surface through the ASADA report.

Little, Hird and others have dug a huge hole for their Club and the game in general. I trust the supporters are starting to realise the travesty of their messianic golden boy.

Becoming clear where the Hun is getting their information. Starting to look as if Hird's legal team is eager to carry out his defence via News Ltd..

As if it's going to change anything in the long run.

Just now? Has it only just dawned on you that Stevo and Robbo and the other essendon car-carrying loving scumbags at the HS are deep in this?

I don't get this.

Surely if the head of the fish is rotting, it would be in the interests of the game to expose the rottenness and change the people at the top?

I think this will happen once the ASADA investigations over EFC and MFC are completed.

Its already happened at MFC (other reasons at play).

People should move on and governance protocols over a number of areas improved and implemented.

But it does no value to the competition to have kangaroo courts in the media providing launching pads for opposing party attacks..

guess you wouldn't approve of "bummers" either franky?

No. I thought it was funny the 1st time I read it.

The AFL’s Corruption Case

An interesting viewpoint.

The only worse pile of steaming conspiracy theory I have ever read was while havng a laugh at the moron on the Klu Klux Klan web site.

Worth reading - and i must say contains an element of credibility on the overall running and goals of the AFL hierarchy. IMO.

The AFL’s Corruption Case

An interesting viewpoint.

In many respects yes, interesting and a good argument. However the notion of hypocrisy seeps in whereby he motions his argument that this is a withchunt of Hird as to deflect attention away from the League. His description of the leagues values and corruption are I think quite valid. He seems to ignore the massive ego(s) involved and a predisposition of this club to view itself as too big to acede to those rules that the little clubs must.

An interesting piece yes, consistent no. Itsd put to us you cant have both aspects playing out together..i.e its either the AFL being naughty and having its own cemented dementors OR Hird, Essendon etc being bad...but not both.

This is false ...it is both and thats the whole point....and indeed irony

An insightful and well-researched article indeed. After reading it, it has not changed my opinion of Hird, the AFL or Demitriou one little bit. They are all complicit and all should be given harsh penalties over and above anyhting imposed on the EFC itself!

p.s Instead of taking away Essendon's Premiership points, they should have shared them out between us and GWS and evening up the competition.