AFL PSD - Pick 2

Cheap Seats

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-and-gws-are-at-a-stand-off-over-the-heath-shaw-trade/story-fni5f6hd-1226742691457

Although there is a week to go in the trade period and it is highly likely that a deal will get done, I'd love to see a stalemate in the trade for Taylor Adams and Shaw stay at the Pies.

It would be a dream offseason if the MFC got lucky enough to snag Adams in the PSD

I realise it's only a dream at this stage - but damn it would be good.

Mods - feel free to merge with rumour thread but I thought it would be good to have a laugh at the pies and ponder the PSD 2 pick and if we'll use it on Cross or someone else

Cheers

• Like 2

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-and-gws-are-at-a-stand-off-over-the-heath-shaw-trade/story-fni5f6hd-1226742691457

Although there is a week to go in the trade period and it is highly likely that a deal will get done, I'd love to see a stalemate in the trade for Taylor Adams and Shaw stay at the Pies.

It would be a dream offseason if the MFC got lucky enough to snag Adams in the PSD

I realise it's only a dream at this stage - but damn it would be good.

Mods - feel free to merge with rumour thread but I thought it would be good to have a laugh at the pies and ponder the PSD 2 pick and if we'll use it on Cross or someone else

Cheers

Adams won't get thru the the PSD, he'll be traded for sure, but what if its not to colon wood ???

now what if HShaw doesn't find a trade, & ends up in the PSD?

HBF anyone?

Shaw is contracted at filth for two more years, won't be in pre season draft.

you'd think so, but I don't think they'll bring him back in the door. stranger things have happened.

most likely he'll be traded somewhere. but I hope GWS screws e'd over this.

I wonder if the swans have any space?

I agree I don't think Adam will come to us PSD but it would be a massive W for us - keep an eye on this situation though. Hopefully the Pies negotiate like the Bummers and Adams goes PSD

Who are our likely PSD targets?

Cross

Anyone else?

As I understand it the only players who can go in the PSD are those out of or coming out of contract where no trade reached. My basic understanding anyway.

Therefore those under contract like shaw, bugg or buntine can't go in PSD.

Adams can.

Don't know if Lyons or Myers are contracted or not, if not then we definitely can get them..

Anyone know other targets?

BTW cross falls under the delisted free agent category and as such can be picked up for free without affecting PSD or ND except for list spaces...

PSD is for any player who is OOC, but not a FA, and has not been delisted, but doesn't wish to re-sign with his current team.

Any player delisted becomes a delisted FA.

When you think about it, this poems up draft tampering opportunities.

What if we said to GWS, "you can keep pick 9 if you don't trade Adams to Collingwood, and don't delist him, so he has no choice but to go in PSD".

They should abolish the PSD and any players not delisted then go on the national draft.

The rules used to be that players could nominate for either draft but if they wanted to nominate conditions (ie contact length and value) they had to go PSD. That changed and now they have a choice which draft they go in.

Funnily enough, I sent Todd Viney an email suggesting just that 2 weeks ago.

I said if we're considering Shiel or Tyson, offer GWS a little bit overs to not agree on trading terms, run out of time and force Adams into the PSD, where they can let him slip through to us.

I mentioned that I saw it as being imperative that Adams doesn't know we engineered the situation, or it could potentially be a short and volatile residency at MFC.

But why not? It happened to Jade Rawlings.

Never got a reply.

• Like 2

Josh Cowan (Geelong): Make him the promise of more opportunities, 2 year deal. Will probably only get a 1 year extension at the Cats.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/josh-cowan

Leigh Osborne (Gold Coast): Give him the opportunity to have a spot on a senior list as he'll likely stay on the rookie list at the suns. I really wanted us th draft this kid last year. We'll also be giving him a ticket back to Victoria.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/player-profile/leigh-osborne

Ryan Harwood (Brisbane): Probably not a heap of difference between his opportunities here to Brisbane. But a two year deal plus the chance to play under Roos compared to a novice coach would surely have to be tempting for the man. Also he moves closer to his home state of Tassie.

http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/ryan-harwood

And also

Josh Mellington (Fremantle): The kid allegedly wants to return to Victoria but allegedly no takers. Get in his ear and tell him we'll be waiting in the PSD.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/joshua-mellington

Edit: Mellington

Edited by Tall Defence

If the deal with St Kilda & GWS for Josh Bruce falls over & he nominates for the PSD can we choose him as our pick comes before St Kilda's.

If so we should be into his manager's ear to try & get him to the Dees.

Anyone know where you can find a list of players that could be avaialble?

I think you might have to wait till end of trade/draft period.

"The pre-season draft is a place for any uncontracted players to nominate that missed the AFL Draft or who were delisted after the main draft."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Pre-season_Draft

I hope we can get Karnezis or Bruce for pick 2 psd.

If Taylor Adams didn't get a trade done that would be good too!

I'm sure that trade will get done though, I think Karnezis is a real chance though!

Patrick Karnezis? An article in The Age mentions he is likely to enter the PSD and be picked up by the Pies. He can play. Let's take him from under their noses.

Most players just nominate for the actual draft.

If Pies want Pat Karnezis to go PSD, He'll be picked up within 3 picks.

Do it.

I don't really think it's relevant, but I'll say it anyway.

2 months ago on Hutchy's god-awful programme TAC Cup Future Stars, the self-proclaimed "List Manager" Terry Wallace was going through the out of contract players and FAs.

They were ranked and one club was given as interested in each player.

Karnezis came in about number 9 and MFC was listed as the one interested club.

Now, I tend to think this was purely a fabrication to give them a talking point, and so that Collingwood wasn't listed as trying to poach everyone, but they said it nonetheless.

Has talent, and is a rangey mobile forward.

Could pick up a lot worse, especially in this draft.