• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2013 Player Review - # 21 Cam Pedersen

Demonland

Had a horror start when very little went right for him in his opening game for the club. However, after a stint at Casey he played some handy games as a back up small defender and the club will be looking for him to improve on that in 2014.

Games MFC 2013 10 Career Total 26

Goals MFC 2013 5 Career Total 25

Games CSFC 2013 5 Goals CSFC 2013 2

Keith "Bluey" Truscott Memorial Trophy 108 votes

There'll be a lot who jump on here and say how crap he was, but he really was brought in as a depth player to cover injuries. For mine he did exactly what we needed him too, yes he's no world beater and unless Roos does something special with him, he shouldn't be in our best 22, but you do need blokes like this on the list in case someone goes down.

Plus he's pretty low paid and didn't cost us anything (considering it seems Gysberts is going to be delisted).

There'll be a lot who jump on here and say how crap he was, but he really was brought in as a depth player to cover injuries. For mine he did exactly what we needed him too, yes he's no world beater and unless Roos does something special with him, he shouldn't be in our best 22, but you do need blokes like this on the list in case someone goes down.

Plus he's pretty low paid and didn't cost us anything (considering it seems Gysberts is going to be delisted).

Yes he was/is/always will be crap, and we already had depth players for his position(s).

• Like 1

I had it in for Pedro from the start when we seemingly recruited himself and Gillies for 'depth' players and we quite happily let our runner up in the B & F of the last two years in Riv go.

Is the Scott Muller of the AFL adding little no matter where he plays.

Still, it was a good highlights package which he can include that running goal he kicked against GWS this year, thought that was a great effort and he will have some good footage for his grand kids one day.

Three years is an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

Agreed. Possibly a Roos project though with a tightly defined role.

What role though? He's an enormous downgrade on the existing KPD and KPF on our list, and he's too short (and too crap) to play the forward/ruck role he was recruited for.

He might be able to play as an oversized back flanker in the Paul Wheatley mould - he's got a big kick on him, if he can work on making those land while coming out of defence then that would certainly increase his usefulness; that's where he might benefit from a better, more smartly structured midfield to give him targets. In that role he could also push forward and kicking goals from outside 50.

His competitors in the side for 2014 are Dunn and Strauss IMO.

Another challenging project for Roos.

• Like 2

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/why-melbourne-can-turn-it-around-sooner-than-you-think-writes-paul-roos/story-fni5f91a-1226690406107

In this article Roos suggests all is not doom and gloom

His starting point for a team is..

MELBOURNE
B: Frawley Garland
HB: Grimes McDonald
C: Blease? Jones Watts
HF:Sylvia Dawes Hogan
F: Clark Howe
R:J amar? Trengrove Viney
I/C: Fitzpatrick?

? = can they be a consistent AFL player?

He later goes on to talk about various players and yet nowhere does Pedersen get a mention, Thats because he just doesnt rate.

Who ever signed him for 3 ought to be shot

2 more years in the magoos Cam, Consider it charity

Just like Byrnes...a selection blunder

I had it in for Pedro from the start when we seemingly recruited himself and Gillies for 'depth' players and we quite happily let our runner up in the B & F of the last two years in Riv go.

Is the Scott Muller of the AFL adding little no matter where he plays.

Still, it was a good highlights package which he can include that running goal he kicked against GWS this year, thought that was a great effort and he will have some good footage for his grand kids one day.

Three years is an absolute disgrace.

Its a touch inaccurate to say we happily let Rivers go. Riv was always a required player and was offered a deal but chose to go to Geelong to experience finals before he retires. I watched Pedersen at VFL level and he played some very good games but seemed to struggle at AFL level. A couple of people I know in the VFL umpiring rate him. Not sure myself and I recon three years was at least one to many.

Its a touch inaccurate to say we happily let Rivers go. Riv was always a required player and was offered a deal but chose to go to Geelong to experience finals before he retires. I watched Pedersen at VFL level and he played some very good games but seemed to struggle at AFL level. A couple of people I know in the VFL umpiring rate him. Not sure myself and I recon three years was at least one to many.

I think if we put in the same effort to attract Pedro to retain Riv then we may have done better. Neeld was all to happy with clearing out who he saw as dead wood.

Anyways, apologies about derailing a thread here, back to the topic.

• To fat for a player you would think was trying to make it and on his last legs
  • To slow to play a flanker role
  • To short to play as a ruckman
  • Not skilled enough to play as a forward
  • Puts on a crappy fake tough guy facade that is only bettered (is that a word??) by Dunn
  • Has a weird mop of a hair do

I think if we put in the same effort to attract Pedro to retain Riv then we may have done better. Neeld was all to happy with clearing out who he saw as dead wood.

• To fat for a player you would think was trying to make it and on his last legs
  • Puts on a crappy fake tough guy facade that is only bettered (is that a word??) by Dunn

I believe the correct word is embiggened.

Definitely not tough.

Got to give him credit for this though:

Edited by TheoX

He is an inbetweener, he is all of what you have said and I think he has no tank or thirst for a contest. At this stage he's along for the ride and should be delisted at the end of his contract unless he puts his finger out.

Agree

Not a forward, not a defender, too short for ruck.

Should be absolutely flogged over the preseason and then tried as a big bodied inside mid.

Otherwise, barring injuries to others, he's going to be a 50 gamer for Casey.

Midfielder? As if. Not the tank for it.

Lost respect for Cam when watching my only VFL game at Werribee. Spencer went down early. When the team was restructuring, And there was a throw in on the HFF, instead of taking the ruck, Pedersonflaoted around the the wing awaiting an easy disposal. It took the age and wisdom of Hogan to yell at Pedo to take the ruck. Stop being lazy and get in the ruck contest was Jesse's comment.

Says a lot for me. Not even Roos can help this guy. Your first season at a new club, you turn up fat, dont lose all the weight. Sherk a contest in the first round and continue to be lazy in the lower leagues.

• Like 1

Lost respect for Cam when watching my only VFL game at Werribee. Spencer went down early. When the team was restructuring, And there was a throw in on the HFF, instead of taking the ruck, Pedersonflaoted around the the wing awaiting an easy disposal. It took the age and wisdom of Hogan to yell at Pedo to take the ruck. Stop being lazy and get in the ruck contest was Jesse's comment.

Says a lot for me. Not even Roos can help this guy. Your first season at a new club, you turn up fat, dont lose all the weight. Sherk a contest in the first round and continue to be lazy in the lower leagues.

That's a fair summary.

lets wait and see what Roo's can do with him, if he does not measure up or show real promise by the end of 2014, he will probably be delisted. I hope that he can put in and prove he is capable of playing well, Here's hoping Roo's ability of getting the best out of some ordinary players continues, as we sure have a lot of ordinary players.

He didn't have a great season, but he's got a bigger upside than Sellar, who he essentially replaced in the pecking order.

Played some nice games as a floating half back. If he can learn how to consistently take contested marks in the AFL, he'll be handy.