• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What if...

Deemotivated

What if we fail to land any decent mids this off season?

Will the Roos effect and cash be enough for players to see melbourne as a desirable club?

Will the stench of our past 6 seasons override the potential new dawn?

Will the Roos effect and cash be enough for players to see melbourne as a desirable club?

I hate to agree, but I think our chances this year are slim. Players will not want to come to us until we show some improvement. Maybe next year if Roos can instil some confidence into our existing players. Who would want to come to a team who gets thrashed every second week.

I hate to agree, but I think our chances this year are slim. Players will not want to come to us until we show some improvement. Maybe next year if Roos can instil some confidence into our existing players. Who would want to come to a team who gets thrashed every second week.

Second week?

• Like 1

What if;

Watts plays midfield (Goddard/Goodes/Watson)

McKenzie becomes the best tagger in the comp.

Nate Jones wins a third Bluey in a row

Trengove lifts the weight off his chest and plays like we know he can

Viney plays like Joel Selwood

Toumpas has a good pre-season

Tapscott becomes a midfield enforcer

Grimes wins AA half back flank

Frawley wins AA CHB

Blease & Howe can dominate the HFF

Sylvia becomes our best player

Clarke wins the Coleman

Hogan makes every second kid put No1 on their back

Gawn holds down the No1 ruck

Garland is the best 3rd tall backman in the comp

Terlich gets even better

We can pick up Swallow

We can pick up Z.Jones

We can pick up Garlett.

its all between the ears.

Now that Neeld is gone, we can at last play footy again.

• Like 2

What if;

Watts plays midfield (Goddard/Goodes/Watson)

McKenzie becomes the best tagger in the comp.

Nate Jones wins a third Bluey in a row

Trengove lifts the weight off his chest and plays like we know he can

Viney plays like Joel Selwood

Toumpas has a good pre-season

Tapscott becomes a midfield enforcer

Grimes wins AA half back flank

Frawley wins AA CHB

Blease & Howe can dominate the HFF

Sylvia becomes our best player

Clarke wins the Coleman

Hogan makes every second kid put No1 on their back

Gawn holds down the No1 ruck

Garland is the best 3rd tall backman in the comp

Terlich gets even better

We can pick up Swallow

We can pick up Z.Jones

We can pick up Garlett.

I agree with most your list without even being too bias.

People will come, Ray. They'll come to Melbourne for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up to Brunton Avenue not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at the MCG as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around" you'll say. It's only $200,000 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the Northern Stand, sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find that they have reserved seats somewhere on the wing, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been the Melbourne Football Club. Australia has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But the Melbourne Football Club has marked the time. This team, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that was once good and it could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

• Like 8

I believe Roos will improve our current list.

I just can't see established good players coming to us until we do improve.

I hope I'm wrong, but as Little Goofy pointed out we do still have a no. 2 pick to look forward to.

• Like 2

What if;

Watts plays midfield (Goddard/Goodes/Watson) - Yes please

McKenzie becomes the best tagger in the comp. - Don't think he's that far away

Nate Jones wins a third Bluey in a row - Almost a given, unless we sign some midfield brilliance

Trengove lifts the weight off his chest and plays like we know he can - Lock this in more than anything for 2014

Viney plays like Joel Selwood - At least a year away, maybe 2, but when it happens.... just hope the kid can do it without dropping the knees, ie fair n square

Toumpas has a good pre-season - Building to big things

Tapscott becomes a midfield enforcer - Holy ****ing **** yeah. Could easily be a game changer

Grimes wins AA half back flank - Matter of time

Frawley wins AA CHB - See above

Blease & Howe can dominate the HFF - Think they'll tear up both a wing and a HFF each

Sylvia becomes our best player - Oh **** here we go. Righto then, I'll go round, again....

Clarke wins the Coleman - Will have too much competition in the hottest forward line

Hogan makes every second kid put No1 on their back - Not sure if the 'Morton' types will like him

Gawn holds down the No1 ruck - Possibly, but think he's a year or two off his best

Garland is the best 3rd tall backman in the comp - Thinking best rebound defender but a few in that race. Can see him being freed up a lot more under Roos and wreaking havoc

Terlich gets even better - Confidence going into pre-season is the key. Roos will love the way he's been ditched and fought back. Malceski?

We can pick up Swallow - Who knows?

We can pick up Z.Jones - My old horse trainer used to say 'Dawn Frasers brother drowned in a bath tub' but for me ,surest bet of the draft, just do it

We can pick up Garlett. - Hmmm. Widely discussed, might be worth a shot.

Much more fun than the OP thought....

I've been convinced all along that we wouldn't land anyone significant. There's just no reason to play for Melbourne right now apart from money.

Doesn't matter. If we draft correctly we can build a very very strong team.

Wouldn't drop the bundle just yet. Reckon there'll be some decent trades, it just may not be what we expect, nor what we think is good. Moving in the right direction though

If we can land Cross, a fit and healthy Jolly and an exciting midfielder from another club (Swallow, Adams, Douglas etc..)ill be happy.

Under a proper coach I see so much improvement from our existing list.

For some reason ill see it as a negative if Jones wins another bluey. It will have meant none of our midfielders have stepped up.

Much more fun than the OP thought....

If the above comes 70% true ill be a very happy man.

My post were some questions I wanted others input on... the glass will still be half full regardless of trades/draft/FA. In Roos we trust!!

People will come, Ray. They'll come to Melbourne for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up to Brunton Avenue not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at the MCG as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around" you'll say. It's only $200,000 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the Northern Stand, sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find that they have reserved seats somewhere on the wing, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been the Melbourne Football Club. Australia has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But the Melbourne Football Club has marked the time. This team, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that was once good and it could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

Probably my all time favourite movie! Great work!

• Like 1