Jordan Gysberts

Ted Lasso

On the AFL website regarding Jordan Gysberts it says "It is understood Gysberts and Kennedy will be delisted if they don't find new homes in October's trade period"

Would we look at getting him back as a delisted free agent?

No

It was reported that North were absolutely shocked at the condition he was for an AFL player. He had the same problem here and now its obvious he has done nothing to improve his weakness..

Funny enough it looks like we will come out winners from that trade lol

• Like 1

Sorry guys, this idea was based on two VFL games where he looked a class above in my opinion, also being in the bests a few times.

didn't realise he had so many question marks over him, it's amazing North wanted him in the first place.

Sorry guys, this idea was based on two VFL games where he looked a class above in my opinion, also being in the bests a few times.

didn't realise he had so many question marks over him, it's amazing North wanted him in the first place.

It's ok. It's not like you drafted him at #11 or anything.

• Like 4

On the AFL website regarding Jordan Gysberts it says "It is understood Gysberts and Kennedy will be delisted if they don't find new homes in October's trade period"

Would we look at getting him back as a delisted free agent?

is always good to get a chuckle in the morning........cheers !!! :)

lol i remember so many people on here crying when we got rid of him

absolutely clueless

I am still wiping my eyes :unsure:

I thought he could develop into a good player (didn't expect him to become the next Judd tho - like half of demonland).

He can find the footy and kicks alright - that's something we lack.

I would like to see what he can do under Paul Roos new development program and if that means replacing any of couch, Stark or Magner I am all for it. (not much of a gamble).

Edited by Young Dee

Watching that Essendon game and reading that commentary, it just shows how fickle form is and how fragile potential can be. Who would've seen that and thought the kid had no future in the AFL? Just shows how tough it is with the big boys, and how worthy the consistency and development of someone like Nate Jones is.

• Like 2

Jordy is our problem with development personified.

Talent can get you so far. Yet you need to enhance that talent and improve on it. You can't just sit on it and hope the competition remains the same.

Watching that Essendon game and reading that commentary, it just shows how fickle form is and how fragile potential can be. Who would've seen that and thought the kid had no future in the AFL? Just shows how tough it is with the big boys, and how worthy the consistency and development of someone like Nate Jones is.

And it shows how much of football is played between the ears - we saw glimpses in two or three games showing that he could be valuable - it is a shame he has been unable to commit to his football.

Edited by nutbean

Reading that article... my god.

The misplaced overconfidence is palpable.

And even watching that footage - the players have all gone so far backwards since then!

What on earth did Neeld do to them?

I'm just not sure what to say after reading/watching that...

It leaves me feeling cheated.

• Like 6

Reading that article... my god.The misplaced overconfidence is palpable.And even watching that footage - the players have all gone so far backwards since then!What on earth did Neeld do to them?I'm just not sure what to say after reading/watching that...It leaves me feeling cheated.

Just keep watching the Michael Evans left foot (!) that hit Gysberts on the [censored]. Only that bit.

• Like 1

Reading that article... my god.

The misplaced overconfidence is palpable.

And even watching that footage - the players have all gone so far backwards since then!

What on earth did Neeld do to them?

I'm just not sure what to say after reading/watching that...

It leaves me feeling cheated.

Couldn't agree more. The kids first game of footy was against Geelong in round 10 2011 and he picked up 26 touches. First game for Neeld was round 19 2012 against Gold Coast. 9 touches. Epic fail from Neeld and the club on this. I have no doubt an experienced coach and someone who had an ounce of people management skills could have brought him on in leaps and bounds. The complete lack of flexibility from Neeld has destroyed our team. Shame shame shame

• Like 1