Any chance we'll see Liam Jurrah again?

PaulRB

Whilst I really wouldnt hold out for anything. Would there in all seriousness be much harm in inviting him to train in the preseason ? what harm...really

• Like 3

I personally would love to see Liam back in the red and blue. Liam undoubtably made some poor choices (for which he has paid the price) and I am certainly not here to defend what has occurred. However, I believe people deserve a second chance in life, and what Liam does have is more pure footballing talent than pretty much very player on our list.

In 2012 he kicked 40+ goals in an ordinary side when it was fair to say football was not his main priority, given the fact that his home community in Yuendumu had been split down the middle following the stabbing death of one of his close friends in an incident in Alice springs. It is also worth noting that while he has had trouble with the law when back in amongst the trouble with his community, he never had problems while he was here in Melbourne and has to be considered a very low risk of re-offending here in Melbourne, where he has strong support networks through Bruce Hearn McKinnon and family. Additionally, Liam was and is well loved by those who played with him at the club.

The situation in Yuendumu has improved significantly. Recently, there was a reconciliation football match, and the community has begun to heal. With a stable situation in his community, Liam can now focus on football again. He would cost us nothing and with the talent he has I think it is worth the gamble.

• Like 4

Oh and if you think im making it up then you are delusional because im not going to share someones facebook on a public forum. Oh and btw liam has changed his name on facebook.

Yet somehow, you have his FB page? Yeah sorry, if you're not willing to back it up, I'm calling [censored]. I would be pretty shocked if after all that's happened, and his stated desire to make it back to the AFL, he would be updating his Facebook with nothing but stories of getting drunk.

And frankly, he has enough written about him that's truthful.

• Like 1

Yet somehow, you have his FB page? Yeah sorry, if you're not willing to back it up, I'm calling [censored]. I would be pretty shocked if after all that's happened, and his stated desire to make it back to the AFL, he would be updating his Facebook with nothing but stories of getting drunk.

And frankly, he has enough written about him that's truthful.

https://www.facebook.com/jukutayi.jurrah?fref=ts

still calling it a bluff?

Edited by dazzledavey36

No way to be certain it is his page unless you speak with him directly, but assuming it is, I can't see any updates about getting drunk or burn outs. You'd have to be friends with him to see that, and it's a personal page.

Nothing surprising on that page, just your typical uneducated sociopath.

One thing that sticks out reading through any of it is that Jurrah seems to think talent alone is something to hang his hat on.

Good luck with being talented Liam, whilst you are talented and not working hard, there is blokes out there with half your talent, working hard that would run rings around you.

More to the game than just having good skills.

Edited by ThreeOneSix

No way to be certain it is his page unless you speak with him directly, but assuming it is, I can't see any updates about getting drunk or burn outs. You'd have to be friends with him to see that, and it's a personal page.

Really? his cousins seem to really communicate well with a fake profile of jurrah then..

Fair Dinkum..!

Really? his cousins seem to really communicate well with a fake profile of jurrah then..

Fair Dinkum..!

Fair dinkum, read what I posted. I didn't say it was fake, outright. If you're going to make claims I think they should be backed up and this doesn't do that.

316 - not sure what part of his page you are "reading through" unless you are a Friend. I can't see anything other than a few photos, and no posts about getting drunk.

Show me recent updates along the lines of what you're talking about and I'll pay it some credit.

Fair dinkum, read what I posted. I didn't say it was fake, outright. If you're going to make claims I think they should be backed up and this doesn't do that.

316 - not sure what part of his page you are "reading through" unless you are a Friend. I can't see anything other than a few photos, and no posts about getting drunk.

Show me recent updates along the lines of what you're talking about and I'll pay it some credit.

Your saying its ''No way to be certain it is his page unless you speak with him directly'' so basically I should speak t him and confirm that it isn't a fake when CLEARLY he interacts well with his cousins a fair bit.

My birthday coming up diz weekend cant wait junga gona be blind drunk 4 my birthday
Drunk and my uncle herman aka pakajirri is stone hes smoking atm haha mum and son same time
If any off my family have video off me dancing drunk in papunya sports weekend with cowboy hat can yous delete it plz yapa patu
Got a broken jaw [censored] diz but man's still drinking cos I don't care
Do you want me to keep going??

Your saying its ''No way to be certain it is his page unless you speak with him directly'' so basically I should speak t him and confirm that it isn't a fake when CLEARLY he interacts well with his cousins a fair bit.

Jukutayi Jurrah

about an hour ago via mobile

My birthday coming up diz weekend cant wait junga gona be blind drunk 4 my birthday

Jukutayi Jurrah

September 13 via mobile

Drunk and my uncle herman aka pakajirri is stone hes smoking atm haha mum and son same time

Jukutayi Jurrah

September 12 via mobile

If any off my family have video off me dancing drunk in papunya sports weekend with cowboy hat can yous delete it plz yapa patu

Jukutayi Jurrah

September 7 via mobile

Got a broken jaw [censored] diz but man's still drinking cos I don't care

Do you want me to keep going??

Those are pretty damning if true. I'm curious as to how you are on his friends list unless he will add anyone. But if genuine, this says to me he's learned very little from his recent experiences, which is sad more than anything.

forget the 24, give him back the 48.

we desperately need some magic again.

a lot of merit in that suggestion - if he came back

I said at the time he was "promoted" to #24, that I was concerned he may be only half the player he was at #48, and it turned out pretty true.

Big chance we'll see him again... on the news...

Trouble is, unless the AFL, and Vlad in his infinite wisdom decide that he / we are such a special case, he will have to come via one of the drafts. Then who know where he could end up. I suppose if he indicated in some legal way (unlike eg Buckley or Ball) that "culturally" he would only play for one particular team, us, then there may be some traction.

The facebook page is definitely legit. The photo was 'liked' by Mitch Clark and Bruce Hearn Mackinnon's son Alex (Bruce is/was rudeboy on Demonland and the author who wrote about Jurrah)

Anyway it's pretty sad to read, no wonder none of the clubs have tried to headhunt him back.

• Like 1

The facebook page is definitely legit. The photo was 'liked' by Mitch Clark and Bruce Hearn Mackinnon's son Alex (Bruce is/was rudeboy on Demonland and the author who wrote about Jurrah)

Anyway it's pretty sad to read, no wonder none of the clubs have tried to headhunt him back.

The FB page may well be genuine, but can you see any of those supposed posts that are being cited? If they are on there, they are only there for sharing with his friends and the rest of us cannot see them... so this must mean that DD36 is on his friends list and is now sharing confidential material after telling me that I was deluded if I thought he would share someone's personal FB page... seems DD36 is more concerned with his own cred than he is with sharing private posts.

Edited by hardtack

i hope he doesn't hurt himself anymore... he's in a vortex.