Craig Set to Leave

Demonland

Its a little disappointing if this is an indication that Roos who is only committing for 2 years cant accept the presence of NC who has elite skills and plenty of experience, appears well liked by players and supporters, and has a reputation within the industry that provides plenty of positives.

I would have thought if he leaves to improve his circumstances or because he feels uncomfortable that is fine but to pay out another contract getting no value for it seems a pity

I also think NC did all that was asked by the club and always presented in a professional manner. He should have no trouble taking his skills and experience to another organisation. I wish him all the best

Already started a thread on Craig so some of you will know how I feel.

Thanks Neil. The scoreboard won't show it but the effect you had on the group was a positive one. We will always respect your contribution.

Its a little disappointing if this is an indication that Roos who is only committing for 2 years cant accept the presence of NC who has elite skills and plenty of experience, appears well liked by players and supporters, and has a reputation within the industry that provides plenty of positives.

I would have thought if he leaves to improve his circumstances or because he feels uncomfortable that is fine but to pay out another contract getting no value for it seems a pity

I also think NC did all that was asked by the club and always presented in a professional manner. He should have no trouble taking his skills and experience to another organisation. I wish him all the best

Roos didn't "fire" Neil Craig if that's what you're saying. My understanding is that both Craig and the club decided (well before Roos got here) that if he didn't get the job, he'd move on. And that's what's happened.

Some strange twists of events here. Craigs job was in charge of the FD, not coach. But more times than not, during the pre-season drills. Craig was out there calling the shots, on Bleases' back to go harder etc etc. and generalingthe troops.

I wonder, just like Schwab before him, he got involved too much? Perhaps after hearing Neeld destroy the players, he thought to mend some wounds. Instead of guiding Neeld, he left him out to dry. Its clear now Craig seems to want to be coach elsewhere, thats a different line of work that he was employed to do at Melbourne. it wouldnt be the first or last time someone got white anted in the work place.

Whatever happened, the club respected him for his efforts, and gave his all at his time at the club. Its probably best for everyone that he decided to try his luck elsewhere. I prefer Roos and PJ decide these matters. We start with a clean bill of health, and push up the ladder with the best available.

Edited by DeeVoted

Roos didn't "fire" Neil Craig if that's what you're saying. My understanding is that both Craig and the club decided (well before Roos got here) that if he didn't get the job, he'd move on. And that's what's happened.

No sorry Chook if thats what it seemed, I wasnt saying Roos fired him. More that I am disappointed if we are paying out because they cant work together. If it was prearranged that does not seem like an efficient arrangement for the club.

It would be interesting to know more about the reasons for the termination. If he decided to move on if he didnt get the job there would be no need to pay him out

I f initiated by Craig why should we pay out at all. If there is an indication that he would not perform with the club then he would be dismissed without any need for payment.

Damn - Thanks Craig

I wish we would stop paying out contracts!

I hope he gets the senior job at Brisbane - so we don't have to pay out his contract.

The AFL $2.7M gift is to pay out contracts that fall under the FD restructuring

Thanks for a great effort Neil. Personally I think if we had put Craigy as head coach, 2 assistants in waiting and Neeld as 3rd banana mid field line coach, I think we would have seen a much better outcome for all concerned. The damage/impact on the player's belief and psyche was already done and season well & truly cooked by the time he took over.

A genuine no nonsense person/man manager and father figure /mentor around the club who will be missed. So much experience lost.

I hope he gets the senior job at Brisbane - so we don't have to pay out his contract.

Are you sure it works like that?

The MFC website said: "The club will need to pay Craig out for the final year of his contract."

Hopefully Craig will say a no pay out is needed as he knows where the club is at plus it seemed to be a mutual agreement before the appointment:

"Roos told Fox Footy's On the Couch he had been told that the club and Craig had agreed that if the former Crows coach did not get the senior job, he would happily move on."

Edited by Young Dee

Are you sure it works like that?

The MFC website said: "The club will need to pay Craig out for the final year of his contract."

Hopefully Craig will say a no pay out is needed as he knows where the club is at plus it seemed to be a mutual agreement before the appointment:

"Roos told Fox Footy's On the Couch he had been told that the club and Craig had agreed that if the former Crows coach did not get the senior job, he would happily move on."

YD if he has another job and is unable to fulfill the requirements of our contract with him... then the contract will be dismissed by mutual agreement.

• Like 1

No sorry Chook if thats what it seemed, I wasnt saying Roos fired him. More that I am disappointed if we are paying out because they cant work together. If it was prearranged that does not seem like an efficient arrangement for the club.

It would be interesting to know more about the reasons for the termination. If he decided to move on if he didnt get the job there would be no need to pay him out

I f initiated by Craig why should we pay out at all. If there is an indication that he would not perform with the club then he would be dismissed without any need for payment.

well give back the AFL money then.

.... as its to help us to do just this. to arrange the necessary to make a handover to a new regime overseen by the AFL at arms length. they are helping to put the best into positions to protect us from the soul eating leech, thats had us in its grip for 45 + years.

# now I see some are agitating the last couple of days... interestingly its hot on the heels of the Federal Election being run & won. I hope there is not some Political agitating in the Air ?

is there another AGM or election in the near ???

if he gets another job before he leaves then we would only be liable for any shortfall from his contract salary and his new salary

if he leaves before he has a new job then he gets paid out even if he subsequently gets another job elsewhere

its all in the timing and details

I really hope he gets the job at Brisbane, and i think he probably will

1. he is a class act, too good a bloke/coach to not be coaching

2. it leaves Adam Simpson on the open market who for mine would be the perfect senior assistant for Roosy

3, he might drag Neeldy up there and show Beamer what Karma really is,

• Like 1

I really hope he gets the job at Brisbane, and i think he probably will

1. he is a class act, too good a bloke/coach to not be coaching

2. it leaves Adam Simpson on the open market who for mine would be the perfect senior assistant for Roosy

3, he might drag Neeldy up there and show Beamer what Karma really is,

I think I remember the Lions saying they may look at a mentoring pathway as well... so that could be someone like Craigy over seeing an up & coming assistant like we're looking to do.

lets hope we're at the front of the pecking order.

I think I remember the Lions saying they may look at a mentoring pathway as well... so that could be someone like Craigy over seeing an up & coming assistant like we're looking to do.

lets hope we're at the front of the pecking order.

If that's the case the decision for Adam Simpson becomes, move to Brisbane and learn from Neil craig or, not have to move and learn under Paul Roos, i reckon i know which i'd pick haha

And this isn't part of the restructure?.......

if he has another job theres nothing to pay out

From all reports Neil Craig QUIT (walked out) after not successfully being selected for the coaching vacancy.

Unless some sort of deal was done ie if you choose to walk, we will pay out the balance of your contract (in good faith)

or the MFC told him his original position was made reducant, otherwise we owe him nothing.

From all reports Neil Craig QUIT (walked out) after not successfully being selected for the coaching vacancy.

Unless some sort of deal was done ie if you choose to walk, we will pay out the balance of your contract (in good faith)

or the MFC told him his original position was made reducant, otherwise we owe him nothing.

Thats flat wrong.

Craig is contracted for next year. Unless Craig waives contractual rights under the contract then he is legally entitled to receive the financial balance of the contract. Making him redundant does not exonerate MFCs liability unless it is stipulated in the contract.

Edited by Rhino Richards

Thats flat wrong.

Craig is contracted for next year. Unless Craig waives contractual rights under the contract then he is legally entitled to receive the financial balance of the contract. Making him redundant does not exonerate MFCs liability unless it is stipulated in the contract.

I heard he didnt want to continue. Unless he got a nudge. if he walked I cant see why need to pay him out.

I'm just joining the dots, I dont know the fully story, or what was written in the contract, or any disussions prior him leaving.

If he got a payout that is entitlled to him good for him. I would have to re-visit the presser I think Peter jackson may have said when the Roos appointment was made , he said they would honour Craigs contract if it didnt work out?

I only hope we arent throwing more dollars away.

And just re-read my comment. IF made redundant..... OTHERWISE we owe him nothing, in other words, if his position was redundant he gets paid out. (as anyone would) if thats NOT the case, he quit, walked out he shouldnt get the balance of the remaining contract.

BUT we both dont know how that contract was worded, or the all the facts yet. If he packed up and walked, I cant see how he gets a full payout.

Edited by DeeVoted

If that's the case the decision for Adam Simpson becomes, move to Brisbane and learn from Neil craig or, not have to move and learn under Paul Roos, i reckon i know which i'd pick haha

also he would think about the likely quick success at either club... which is more likely to kill his career before its off the ground. this is our biggest hurdle in recruiting generally.

the people are angry & impatient. & in no mood to listen to much reason. I think if things go poorly, they will be up in arms like a US Confederate uprising.