Taylor Adams

pilgrim

I'm with Stuie, Jamar and our second round pick seems like a fair deal,

i have heard we offered him a fairly similar sort of offer to the one we gave Dawes so hopefully the kid likes the idea of playing under Roos and being set for life in his home state.

• Like 1

This guy is my number 1 offseason target. Second round pick won't get it done though. Jamar, plus second round pick might....

I could live with that and we might even get their 3rd rounder back. I don't see them using a lot of picks as they have to get Rid of players and reduce their list.

hopefully we can snag him for pick 18 or 19 ( whatever pick our 2nd rounder is)

I think that will be the idea, they may be into Blease or Jamar as steak knives, i certainly wouldn't be entertaining offering pick 2 or whatever though, i think we can get better with that pick.

However id like to see the club trade Watts to get this done and still have our top pick(s) to draft aish, scharenberg etc depending if they hand out a PP. Then a Daniel Cross in free agency. I think that would be a very balanced injection of talent on to the list, not including another couple of mids from the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It's sad but I am slowly being won over to this school of thought. I love the guy, I love his talent, but he seems to be a culture killing player. As good as he can be, too often he lacks the effort and intensity necessary to win the ball.

As for Adams, I agree we need to have a massive tilt at him. A good coaching selection is a must to give us some bargaining power with the kid. Pay overs for him, but not too much over as we will need to negotiate a new contract in a couple of years and if he expects big money again it could hurt us.

Mark Jamar has zero trade value. Stop kidding yourselves.

GWS would laugh at Jamar + 2nd rounder.

Who doesn't fit and who do we have? Mumford,Pike,White, Reid, Jamar.

Might be a few changes coming.

GWS want a senior ruckman, they've made that known. They were also seriously after Jamar last offseason, so trading pick 20 and a senior ruckman for a player that was pick 13 seems pretty fair to me.

GWS want a senior ruckman, they've made that known. They were also seriously after Jamar last offseason, so trading pick 20 and a senior ruckman for a player that was pick 13 seems pretty fair to me.

Nice thought but good luck.

Why does it matter where a player went in the draft. Silly logic.

Cook went in the top 15. Morton went at 4. Moran was a 9th pick.

Goodes, Lloyd, Swan, Hird, Bradshaw, and S. Black went after 30. A. Swallow, Cox, Sandilands, Rockliff weren't drafted first time around. Etc etc.

Goodes, Lloyd, Swan, Hird, Bradshaw, and S. Black went after 30. A. Swallow, Cox, Sandilands, Rockliff weren't drafted first time around. Etc etc.

It's more relevant because Adams has only been in the system for what two years? played a few good games, we know he has abit of go about him, and that's great, Rockliff and co have been around alot longer

a pick around where he went is probably around what we should be offering in this instance, GWS may want a little more, we have Jamar, Blease and Tapscott, take your pick.

• Like 1

Pretty certain they want a senior ruckman that is fit and can stay on the park. Say what you want but Jamar hasn't seen a lot of time on the ground since he was AA.

If GWS were serious about a ruckman, then surely Bellchambers is at the top of the list... Fit, and several years younger than Jamar, and Essendon have to trade to get into the earlier rounds of the draft.

• Like 1

Pretty certain they want a senior ruckman that is fit and can stay on the park. Say what you want but Jamar hasn't seen a lot of time on the ground since he was AA.

If GWS were serious about a ruckman, then surely Bellchambers is at the top of the list... Fit, and several years younger than Jamar, and Essendon have to trade to get into the earlier rounds of the draft.

Essendon are keen to keep Bellchambers, we i am guessing would be happy to trade Jamar, also GWS had a decent crack at him last year so there is interest.

Essendon are keen to keep Bellchambers, we i am guessing would be happy to trade Jamar, also GWS had a decent crack at him last year so there is interest.

They might be keen to keep him but my Essendon contacts tell me he will go to GWS, the bombers can't make an offer that will keep him at the club.

I've been told Bellchambers has a huge offer from GWS in front of him. Depends what Bombers are willing to offer him it sounds.

We must do all we can to secure Adams, If we can add him and a couple of first round picks (midfielders) to our list, I will be happy.

Missing the point a bit my good man.

It does matter when you're trading a good young player who was drafted 2 years ago for another draft pick.

That's completely different to aligning a players talent with their draft order.

I agree. This site keeps dishing up the laughs at this time of year.

Jamar and a second rounder is the equivalent of a second rounder. The guy is finished.

Adams is a terrific prospect who was pick 13 in the 2011 draft. He now has two years into him, is clearly showing how good he'll become, so is now worth considerably more than the pick 13 which acquired him, yet some expect to land him for a second rounder just because we have the whip hand in the PSD. Won't happen.

Our club will do a decent deal if it can entice him for a host of reasons.

• Like 2

I agree. This site keeps dishing up the laughs at this time of year.

Jamar and a second rounder is the equivalent of a second rounder. The guy is finished.

Adams is a terrific prospect who was pick 13 in the 2011 draft. He now has two years into him, is clearly showing how good he'll become, so is now worth considerably more than the pick 13 which acquired him, yet some expect to land him for a second rounder just because we have the whip hand in the PSD. Won't happen.

Our club will do a decent deal if it can entice him for a host of reasons.

This is true. But it's also worth remembering what number the picks fall, rather than just labelling it round 2. Our round 2 pick should be as high as 18 or 19, which may be attractive to some clubs. Different year, but Grundy fell to pick 18(?) in 2012.

Watts and pick 19 might get Adams, IMO.

This is true. But it's also worth remembering what number the picks fall, rather than just labelling it round 2. Our round 2 pick should be as high as 18 or 19, which may be attractive to some clubs. Different year, but Grundy fell to pick 18(?) in 2012.

Watts and pick 19 might get Adams, IMO.

In this draft, that is effectively 2 first rounders for Adams - as Watts would get us a first rounder if traded.

This is an even draft and even one of those picks could land us a player of Adams quality, it's overs.

Keep Watts, he is coming good, the fact he even has any trade value is because he has remained reasonably consistent the past couple years.

Cannot say the same for Blease, Tapscott or Strauss, hopefully Roosy can do something with them.

• Like 2

In this draft, that is effectively 2 first rounders for Adams - as Watts would get us a first rounder if traded.

This is an even draft and even one of those picks could land us a player of Adams quality, it's overs.

Keep Watts, he is coming good, the fact he even has any trade value is because he has remained reasonably consistent the past couple years.

Cannot say the same for Blease, Tapscott or Strauss, hopefully Roosy can do something with them.

they may not even have interest in pick 20 or whatever because they have so many kids, they might say experience or draft, which could well work in our favour

if Essendon look set to lose Bellchambers, adams may be involved in that deal though.

I've been told Bellchambers has a huge offer from GWS in front of him. Depends what Bombers are willing to offer him it sounds.

We must do all we can to secure Adams, If we can add him and a couple of first round picks (midfielders) to our list, I will be happy.

And Essendon would be keen to trade him on to potentially get an extra draft pick. That said, is Bellchambers a free agent?

If I were GWS who would I prefer? Jamar or Bellchambers? You'd have to say Jamar is a better tap ruckman, but is getting old. Bellchambers is younger but isn't as good. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

We can only hope that our ability to bundle Jamar with a draft pick would give us an advantage over Essendon. They most certainly won't be trading picks, I wouldn't have thought.

And Essendon would be keen to trade him on to potentially get an extra draft pick. That said, is Bellchambers a free agent?

If I were GWS who would I prefer? Jamar or Bellchambers? You'd have to say Jamar is a better tap ruckman, but is getting old. Bellchambers is younger but isn't as good. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

We can only hope that our ability to bundle Jamar with a draft pick would give us an advantage over Essendon. They most certainly won't be trading picks, I wouldn't have thought.

The problem with Essendon is they are in limbo until the final ASADA report comes down. Anyone would be foolish to trade with them not knowing if the player faces 2 years out of the game and any player from another club would have to think twice about going to a club that might have a fair part of their list suspended and the club in turmoil again.

If it wasn't for this situation Bellchambers is streets ahead of Jamar, the game has passed him by.

And Essendon would be keen to trade him on to potentially get an extra draft pick. That said, is Bellchambers a free agent?If I were GWS who would I prefer? Jamar or Bellchambers? You'd have to say Jamar is a better tap ruckman, but is getting old. Bellchambers is younger but isn't as good. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.We can only hope that our ability to bundle Jamar with a draft pick would give us an advantage over Essendon. They most certainly won't be trading picks, I wouldn't have thought.

1) Bellchambers is better than Jamar

2) Jamar is finished but thanks to the knobs formerly running the joint were lumped with him for 2 more years (probably paying ~$350k for the pleasure as well).

1) Bellchambers is better than Jamar

2) Jamar is finished but thanks to the knobs formerly running the joint were lumped with him for 2 more years (probably paying ~$350k for the pleasure as well).

Not worth a try? Surely stranger things have happened.