Seething about this group of players

Mongrel Dee

When Neeld took over a couple of year ago wasn't he more focused on endurance and not putting on bulk? If so I wonder if it would make a difference to try and bulk up the players significantly in the pre season. Bigger, stronger bodies. Especially Grimes and Trengove, they are tiny. Bulk these boys up I'd say. What does everyone think?

As for NC his credentials are ok but almost certain that membership will be slower on the take up if he gets the gig. The club has to give supporters more than a shred of hope, NC is not getting the likes of Jeremy Howe to play with class and vigour and that worries me.

After the annual tish sandwiches supporters and members have been served over the past six years they surely can't be suckered by a name coach.

Members, supporters ( with exception of the masochistic die hards) won't come back to the clubs in droves until the side is competitive, it's winning games and plays a style of footy that people want to watch.

If the proper coaching selection results in Craig getting the job then so be it. Lets move forward. There is hard slog ahead with no short cuts.

As Jackson advised its not hard fix, it's just not a quick fix.

• Like 3

That's targeted advertising. Google bots have selected that ad for you based on your browsing history ;)

mmm...how come I get ads for golf lessons when I've never played a game in my life and am not the slightest bit interested. Couldn't care less who won a major or a minor and don't own or search for a golf stick.

Maybe they think I should be honing a non existent golf game instead of worrying about the MFC.

I'm with Mark Twain, "Golf is a good walk spoiled".

i am holding back some serious anger when writing this.

Toumpas, Trengove, Grimes, Watts, Tom Mcdonald, Michael Evans, Max Gawn and maybe you might want to acknowledge Colin Sylvia (who will go top 3 in our Bluey)

maybe you want to actually acknowledge that these guys are the ones who have the potential to also take huge leaps forward and some of them turn into A- graders.

What you wrote wasnt pessimism, it was just full of crap

I've heard all that before and I'd like a $1 for every Melbourne player that's shown POTENTIAL and failed to deliver; I'm trying to think of one player on our list over the last 10 years that's taken a "huge leap forward" and I can't think of one, not one in ten years.

You can think what you like and I guess I was once like you and actually believed that the players would miracously transform in to quality, but I gave up on that pipe dream. We have a vey ordinary team with a few who have shown they can handle the top but I stress, a few.

If Frawley was in a good side he would probably be a B+ player and maybe Clark would as well, Garland would be a B- Viney is to early to tell and Jones B- that's it. I'm really hopeful about Hogan and Toumpas and I hope that Trenners can find his first and second year form and that Howe can be our Nathan Fyfe and that Grimes can recapture the form that gave us hope for him in the first place and that Watts will turn out to be a great player dominating matches and Evans will come on and that Gawn will be the dominant ruckman in the competition. That's a lot of hope.

Reality, we have a lot of C grade players that mat be able to step up to B grade but not a lot.

The problem with Melbourne is you watch them all the time and get seduced in to thinking that one more pre-season or another 50 games under the belt and they'll come good, but they simply don't and eventually they get replaced by the next bunch of duds who become the next future "potential champions".

Don't get me wrong it breaks my heart to watch us go round every year with our season finished after the first round, but that's reality.

• Like 2

Unfortunately Robbie F is far close to actuality than the many ,who are medicated in perpetuity by their lifelong allegiance to a mob who dont deserve it.

When Neeld took over a couple of year ago wasn't he more focused on endurance and not putting on bulk? If so I wonder if it would make a difference to try and bulk up the players significantly in the pre season. Bigger, stronger bodies. Especially Grimes and Trengove, they are tiny. Bulk these boys up I'd say. What does everyone think?

Smells like a slightly over the edge Supplements Program to me.

mmm...how come I get ads for golf lessons when I've never played a game in my life and am not the slightest bit interested. Couldn't care less who won a major or a minor and don't own or search for a golf stick.

Maybe they think I should be honing a non existent golf game instead of worrying about the MFC.

I'm with Mark Twain, "Golf is a good walk spoiled".

"Drive" or "balls" will do it every time.

• Like 1

There must be an enormous Garage Sale at years end.

The MFC is at the same point as GW$ without the young talent.

Whoever goes, goes. I have no ties to these players anymore.

They are not AFL standard. They may have been but they are not now.

Well here we go again offloading talent such as Davey, is he not worth another year, who will replace him, could he not fill an offfield role, even work with indigenous players? Has elite foot skills, imo still has something to offer

is that the same Aaron Davey that lined up a huge contract and hasn't had a kick for 3 years? He has failed miserably in what should have been a badly needed senior leader role and is obviously one of the key offenders in this peahearted mob.. remember the time everyone was going on about him being the leader for Bennell, Jetta and Jurrah, great job there Aaron that group has really come through for the MFC. FMD, get him as far away from the club as possible thanks

is that the same Aaron Davey that lined up a huge contract and hasn't had a kick for 3 years? He has failed miserably in what should have been a badly needed senior leader role and is obviously one of the key offenders in this peahearted mob.. remember the time everyone was going on about him being the leader for Bennell, Jetta and Jurrah, great job there Aaron that group has really come through for the MFC. FMD, get him as far away from the club as possible thanks

Disgraceful post. Aaron has given us a great service and you have the guts to pot him. Unbelieveble some of you supporters! He was playing good footy before his knees started getting dodgy. And Aaron provided valuable leadership to thos other indigenous players. But wasnt his fault they tragic circumstance.

• Like 2

Disgraceful post. Aaron has given us a great service and you have the guts to pot him. Unbelieveble some of you supporters! He was playing good footy before his knees started getting dodgy. And Aaron provided valuable leadership to thos other indigenous players. But wasnt his fault they tragic circumstance.

In a side full of blokes that have let us down badly he is possibly the worst offender. Deserves none of our respect.

Happy to have a big clear out because we're going nowhere fast. Aside from Nate Jones and Jack Viney, this group is as soft as butter. We need some steel - players that are hard and can compete. I'm sick of watching a team that resembles a skinny under-19 side.

In a side full of blokes that have let us down badly he is possibly the worst offender. Deserves none of our respect.

your a joke thought you were better then that. Aaron changed the game single handly and he deserves absolute respect for that. He also did alot for the MFC and he deserves all respect like any other player thats played over 150 games for melbourne let alone AFL. ask any past melbourne player what they think of him and all you will get is the amount of respect they have for Davey. The fact you pick out the negatives and mention no positive whatsoever show your true colours and what an utter disgrace you are.
  • Like 3

your a joke thought you were better then that. Aaron changed the game single handly and he deserves absolute respect for that. He also did alot for the MFC and he deserves all respect like any other player thats played over 150 games for melbourne let alone AFL. ask any past melbourne player what they think of him and all you will get is the amount of respect they have for Davey. The fact you pick out the negatives and mention no positive whatsoever show your true colours and what an utter disgrace you are.

Yes I look at his highlights reel on the MFC web site and gee I had forgotten how good Davey was. Injury has taken its toll no doubt but he also struggled with the hard tag and in later years on getting his own ball. But in a good team he would have been protected more and players would have got the ball to him to use. I wonder how Rioli or Motlop would go with us. I suspect they might struggle somewhat, being tagged and trying to make something out of 30 odd inside inside 50s that come in high and slow from the wing. Davey was the icing on the cake when we were a good side circa 2004 to 2006.

This group of players will never be assembled together again.

We're going to have a new coach and, with three retirements already, there's going to be a significant turnover of the playing list.

Amen to that.

I am with you.

Cull, Cull and Cull some more.

As a team they are truly hopeless.