• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

"My child ... will be 21 shortly, and for him to be used and to be injected with substances that may not be illegal but could be banned for substances that are labelled not for human consumption or not for human use and for the club to completely disregard it ... and to inject my son, I find appalling."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-v-afl-live-updates-20130822-2scd0.html#ixzz2cf4drmEG

A cursory check of the Essendon Senior list - there's 4 players about to turn 21 in the next 12 months.

• Like 1

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-v-afl-live-updates-20130822-2scd0.html#ixzz2cf4drmEG

A cursory check of the Essendon Senior list - there's 4 players about to turn 21 in the next 12 months.

think youll find Machiavelli hinted at it a bit before

yes 4...but one soon-ish Which was sort of how it was suggested

Edited by belzebub59

WADA has only as much power as the sport in question allows it to have.

The AFL might submit to what ASADA/WADA dictates or they might not.

The Bloated One was just on a trip to talk to MLB/NFL/NBA owners/execs/flunkies - and these guys do not care what WADA says. They care what the public thinks and what is best for their competition.

of course anything is possible with megalomaniacs

but you left out the power of state and federal governments and the fact that the afl has signed up to wada(asada) protocols

going against asada/wada recommendations would be a tricky road to negotiate

Last February Hard Drives would have been erased in an afternoon if Essendrug had any sense. Back ups, the lot.

One of the big problems with Data storage.

It can be wiped so easily.

Just depends on how many back up drives there were.

I often go to Office Works to by 2 at a time

Not really WYL, I have experience working in the area it is always there, it is not that easy and can be found.
  • Like 2

THE MORE THEY PUSH THE AFL INTO A CORNER

THE MORE HITS COME OUT

PREZ MEETING TODAY WILL CONFIRM.ALL OVER FOR THE DONS

and who will care about supreme court after the napier street earthquake

Edited by jazza

It's the players that I feel for.........They are just young blokes trying to play a game they love (unfortunately they play for the red and blacks)

I don't really care about the EFC.......but all these players, young men, trying to be the best footballers they can be.....

I just wish that this would all be resolved and we can get back to the footy.....

The writ is interesting.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/08/22/1226701/993571-hs-file-hird-court-1.pdf

Amongst other things, remembering of course that it is prepared by the Plantiff (James Hird), I found it bemusing, and somewhat ironic that the statement of claim opened with:

"The Plaintiff, James Hird (Hird), was a champion Australian Rules Footballer.....".

Speaks volume of the level of humility that this guy is showing right now!

• Like 3

For those who wanted to take the AFL to court over the non-tanking punishment, have a good look at what is happening to Essendon and realise our club made the right call. Different circumstances yes, but the end result would be the same.

• Like 2

For those who wanted to take the AFL to court over the non-tanking punishment, have a good look at what is happening to Essendon and realise our club made the right call. Different circumstances yes, but the end result would be the same.

And the end result is? The writs have only just been issued.

The writ is interesting.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/08/22/1226701/993571-hs-file-hird-court-1.pdf

Amongst other things, remembering of course that it is prepared by the Plantiff (James Hird), I found it bemusing, and somewhat ironic that the statement of claim opened with:

"The Plaintiff, James Hird (Hird), was a champion Australian Rules Footballer.....".

Speaks volume of the level of humility that this guy is showing right now!

I would suggest his brief composed the writ, not James himself. Give me a break.

• Like 1

It's the players that I feel for.........They are just young blokes trying to play a game they love (unfortunately they play for the red and blacks)

I don't really care about the EFC.......but all these players, young men, trying to be the best footballers they can be.....

I just wish that this would all be resolved and we can get back to the footy.....

lol....."footy" died decades ago bd....you must have missed it

Regardless of guilt or otherwise. Regardless of the efficacy of going to court or otherwise. They will fight and fight again. I sometimes wish my club had anything resembling a fight burning inside.

Well I'm glad that we don't have all the rest of the junk burning inside them.

of course anything is possible with megalomaniacs

but you left out the power of state and federal governments and the fact that the afl has signed up to wada(asada) protocols

going against asada/wada recommendations would be a tricky road to negotiate

Exactly right.

There is global dimension to this. How can Australia be viewed as drug use compliant nation when your leading football code does not comply with WADA rules.

This issue will sink a final nail into AFL integrity bubble after the contradictory and inappropriate penalties applied to MFC and the Crows.

Well I'm glad that we don't have all the rest of the junk burning inside them.

The point about all of this is, no-one on here knows the facts. The kangaroo court which can be the AFL, are often light on facts and heavy on hype. I could equally say this could also see the demise of a CEO who heads up the game.

Regardless of guilt or otherwise. Regardless of the efficacy of going to court or otherwise. They will fight and fight again. I sometimes wish my club had anything resembling a fight burning inside.

Iva, there are places and times where MFC needs to put up a fight and a battle. It's the footy field not the court room.

There is little to admire about what the Bombers are doing.

Confucius......"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand"

......unless my name is James Hird

Confucius say jimmy boy ROO TED

pDC

Me too bossdog but the reality is that it is going to drag on for at least the next year and probably longer.

We also need to remember that Asada has not finished the investigation yet?

God delivers us from this but I think even he is struggling.

I cannot get my mind away from that logo they all stand in front of

" Whatever it takes"

How pleased do you think the freo president would be having to fly to melbourne for the day for a meeting because one of his counterparts who has had the job for 3 weeks is in denial. I think there will be a few unhappy presidents in there today.

It is right what was written about Hird today. What he wants he gets. Its because he is the golden boy who everyone bows to.

The funniest thing is they put Dean Wallis in charge of recording when the players had drugs but he didnt record them all. Blind Freddy could tell you that job would be to hard for him.

By the way if i was a supporter id be wondering why hird 2 days before a massive game against there arch rivals he is in the supreme court trying to get ad removed. His head is just all over the place.

By the way I heard that mother this morning. There is no way she was just some random who rang up. You could tell the devastation and distress in her voice. She was legit. Also before she went to air they Eddie and co knew who she was but changed her name to protect her. But Hird will probably say it was a random. But she is right. James has made it all about im and I hope he gets a copy of that call.

But you know the best thing. Venom Denham has targeted essendon to now hate. It was a classic hearing him bag hird, the president and the supporters. He is not bad to listen to when he isnt bagging your club.

Edited by dees189227
  • Like 1

The point about all of this is, no-one on here knows the facts. The kangaroo court which can be the AFL, are often light on facts and heavy on hype. I could equally say this could also see the demise of a CEO who heads up the game.

Given McLachlan was front and centre of the AFL during the tanking enquiry over six months ago, I think a transition was probably in place for Vlad by year end anyway prior to this issue exploding.

And what are the Bombers doing RR. I can assure you, the likes of Julian Burnside QC, would not be providing legal advice to his client re Court action, if the matter had no merit.

My point about the "fight" is simply about inner belief, something we are sadly bereft of at present. I am not comparing like with like.

17 team comp very shortly with 2 byes

all the presidents men will get the job done

Essendon will be left to sort out there court dates with players and their QCs