Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Without wanting to incur a legal bill I'm interested in the concept of "burden of proof". Could the Essendon players appeal on the basis that the finding was wrong because whilst there might have been circumstantial evidence it wasn't significant to reasonably conclude they were given banned drugs.

BTW, what on earth was Tania doing last night. They deserve each other.

Don't they just! Finally a number of the Bombers fans I know are now starting to turn on the Brand Hird regime and are looking for closure for the club and players rather than protecting the golden boy as they once did. I think they finally see it now... Some predicting if they lose tonight then the Board might just say enough is enough, you are to much of a distraction please go away. I just can't see it happening but then again it was reported the Bomber had asked Brand Hird, including the likes of Hanke, to cease commenting in public. Brand Hird said they would do no such thing.

ABC news, Little & Eddie Everywhere:

Asked on whether Hird's tenure with Essendon was becoming untenable, Little said: "Up until the events of the last 24 hours we believed that James was acting and responding to our requests in a positive way.

"The club will need to meet now Eddie to determine how we go forward in relation to the James Hird issue and probably the broader group that surround James."

• Like 1

What game are the Hirds playing?

All true. But with respect to the bolded sentence, isn't it odd that AD didn't feel obliged to call all of the clubs, but seemed to know which club needed warning. Assuming ASADA didn't tell him as you state, it must have been well known around the AFL that Essendon were up to no good.

Their so-called Doc would have been rubbed out by now if it wasn't for AD trying to help the club and then threatened with court. What a bunch of dirty ingrates.

Andrew D may have made a call to all clubs or the ones he suspected, along the lines of, If you guys have any dodgy programs now is the time to fess up to ASADA this will give the opportunity of reduced penalties.That the EFC Chairman thought he was getting a direct warning may have been an indication of EFC's guilt. Andrew D has said again this morning that he did not know which club at the time and therefore could not have given a direct warning. I reckon something was said but this is all spin , distracting from the real issue. EFC are cheats, the Hirds are [censored] and the players are victims.

Edited by ManDee
not here please
  • Like 3

But they did, they have a media manager who would have to approve the content and one can only assume with the profile and the issues it relates to the Legal team and CEO would have signed off on it too.

Hird may have a gag to stop him talking to the media but not to a fan site. He also still has a lot of supporters at the club and fan sites usually carry a lot of fluff and may not be scrupiously monitored by the the top echelon. I just cannot believe anyone in control could have let such inflamitory and destabilising comment from Hird be broadcast at the start of the season.

Edited by america de cali

I think they will,, but their will now be casualties. & AD has just announced.

hird is in deep dodo. & getting dirtier, as tania opens her mouth again. just go to a dentist tania.

maybe tanya is modelling herself on Zarah Garde-Wilson

• Like 3

ABC news, Little & Eddie Everywhere:

Asked on whether Hird's tenure with Essendon was becoming untenable, Little said: "Up until the events of the last 24 hours we believed that James was acting and responding to our requests in a positive way.

"The club will need to meet now Eddie to determine how we go forward in relation to the James Hird issue and probably the broader group that surround James."

Sounds like a sacking to me. JH will need all the study in Paris and Havard he can get for free to prepare himself for a new careeer

• Like 1

What game are the Hirds playing

Andrew D may have made call to all clubs, along the lines of, If you guys have any dodgy programs now is the time to fess up to ASADA this will give the opportunity of reduced penalties.That the EFC CEO thought he was getting a direct warning may have been an indication of EFC's guilt. Andrew D has said again this morning that he did not know which club at the time and therefore could not have given a direct warning. I reckon something was said but this is all spin , distracting from the real issue. EFC are cheats, the Hirds are cheats & liars and the players are victims.

But I don't recall any other club at the time saying they had received a generic warning call. I suspect AD was so keen to help Essendone and the AFL he didn't think to cover his bum by making 17 other calls.

maybe tanya is modelling herself on Zarah Garde-Wilson

actually she has that alluring sort of look about her?

and then she opens her mouth and im just put off completely.

back to my pictures of steffi graff on the dairy wall.

• Like 1

But I don't recall any other club at the time saying they had received a generic warning call. I suspect AD was so keen to help Essendone and the AFL he didn't think to cover his bum by making 17 other calls.

Why would a club with nothing to worry about, talk about a generic call. If you received a call to say the ATO are going to nail anyone selling illegal cashew nuts, would you talk about it? Especially if the person with the warning said , you didn't hear it from me.

I reckon AD did say something, but he was trying to help. The Hirds are so self righteous that they think that hurting everyone else will distract from their own wrong doing.

• Like 1

every time the hirds have leaked something to the media,vlad and da boys have opened up another lunchbox against them.

so this latest grain from tang,will set another fire alight,cant wait for the response.

club turmoil ,club infighting,club may have EGM.i just love that its not us.

Why would a club with nothing to worry about, talk about a generic call. If you received a call to say the ATO are going to nail anyone selling illegal cashew nuts, would you talk about it? Especially if the person with the warning said , you didn't hear it from me.

I reckon AD did say something, but he was trying to help. The Hirds are so self righteous that they think that hurting everyone else will distract from their own wrong doing.

Don't disagree with last sentence. But the answer to your first sentence is because it was clear at the time that AD would be in trouble for only telling Essendon. So if the other 17 clubs had got a generic warning, it is hard to believe none of them would have issued a statement in defence of AD even if they were told initially 'you didnt hear it from me'. Or that no journo asked them.

• Like 1

Hird may have a gag to stop him talking to the media but not to a fan site. He also still has a lot of supporters at the club and fan sites usually carry a lot of fluff and may not be scrupiously monitored by the the top echelon. I just cannot believe anyone in control could have let such inflamitory and destabilising comment from Hird be broadcast at the start of the season.

AD it was on The Hanger, the club's own TV program, which was aired on Fox Footy... It had James Hird.... I think it would have needed sign of from legal and Little. From an Age article, "it was judged a success as it achieved Ess aim of formally bidding adieu to Hird until July.." "AD confirmed the Little had directly sought his permission for the club to conduct the Hird interview."

Dons Chief Marketing Officer also noted "very strict guidlines around what Hird can and can't do... we'vebeen very careful to have everything cleared with the AFL..."

Looks pretty clear cut to me.

r

What Tanya and James have recently said has virtually killed Hirds career. I also wonder if James interview on the fan site was sanctioned by the club. Little has said that recent comments have been unhelpful aluding to both Hirds. The timing of these comments appear to have a double effect of both destabilising the AFL and the club. I struggle to see what real outcome Tanya is looking for by her comments. The cynic in me tends to think that they are going to make a lot of noise and be serial pests for more financial gain. They may be looking for a fat payout to go quietly. Living in France is expensive.

So is living in Toorak!

All true. But with respect to the bolded sentence, isn't it odd that AD didn't feel obliged to call all of the clubs, but seemed to know which club needed warning. Assuming ASADA didn't tell him as you state, it must have been well known around the AFL that Essendon were up to no good.

Their so-called Doc would have been rubbed out by now if it wasn't for AD trying to help the club and then threatened with court. What a bunch of dirty ingrates.

AD has already stated they should have been more proactive re the EFC's on the edge supplements program based on what the AFL had heard. I think AD has performed well given the challenging circumstances. He has acted in the interest of the game.

Sue you may forgotten but for months prior to putting up their hands numerous journos had been contacting the EFC about remours about what was going on. The EFC threatened to sue if anyone went into print.

These same journos then contacted the AFL.

I remember when this first broke Gerard Healey said he had contacted the EFC and the AFL about the remours months before.

If The AFL where advised that a big meeting was coming up in a couple of days and it concerned an AFL and NRL club you would not need to be a rocket scientist at the AFL to work out it was the EFC.

The ACC have stated that they had not Told the AFL or AD that the club was the EFC prior to the EFC self admitting they had a problem.

So can we please stop trying to paint AD as a villain.

You are falling for the "Hird" propaganda.

• Like 2

Sue you may forgotten but for months prior to putting up their hands numerous journos had been contacting the EFC about remours about what was going on. The EFC threatened to sue if anyone went into print.

These same journos then contacted the AFL.

I remember when this first broke Gerard Healey said he had contacted the EFC and the AFL about the remours months before.

If The AFL where advised that a big meeting was coming up in a couple of days and it concerned an AFL and NRL club you would not need to be a rocket scientist at the AFL to work out it was the EFC.

The ACC have stated that they had not Told the AFL or AD that the club was the EFC prior to the EFC self admitting they had a problem.

So can we please stop trying to paint AD as a villain.

You are falling for the "Hird" propaganda.

And again if I recall correctly AD and AFL house had raised concerns in the year prior to the story breaking of there concern about the sports scientists taking over from the Doctors at the club and they had major concerns.

• Like 1

If little and the Bummers dont cut Hird loose they deserve everything they get. Hird is a cmplete liability. The problem for the Club is Hird will take them to the cleaners. He professes love for the club then does the exact opposite unless you accept his delusion that what is good for Hirdy is good for the club.

• Like 1