Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

watched 360 monday night[yes i know]

i could be wrong,buuuuuut i detected the dons are copping it before the end of april.

i dont know how to "link".if you listen to vlads comments and read between some of those lines.

hope some of you can listen to this and tell me im wrong,but i definitley thought he said gone by the end of april.

I think they said that Justice Garry Downes, has until the end of April to complete his review of the ASADA briefs.

Oh i heard all this stuff before Ad';s retirement announcement. I think the Essendon situation has hastened his exit but that is all. AD in my view still is trying to sort through all this in the best interests of the Game. It is Hird (egged-on by his lawyer wife) who has made this outcome so much worse than it need be, not least for Hird himself. She may be a good lawyer, but she has no idea of how to play the political game, and no idea about how to get the best outcome for her husband. By her actions, she has condemned him to obscurity. He will never work again in the AFL industry.

Well he has another 2 year contract at a million plus a year. Looking pretty good to me.

I think they said that Justice Garry Downes, has until the end of April to complete his review of the ASADA briefs.

That is my understanding too hardtack.

Of course Justice Downes may say " not good enough" no charges to be laid.

Wish my wife could come up with that crappy deal for me.

My wife would be a genius if she could get me half that.

PS. Make that a quarter.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

That is my understanding too hardtack.

Of course Justice Downes may say " not good enough" no charges to be laid.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure is on him to find cause for infraction notices to be issued, as I think that ASADA won't want to be put in a position where they could be considered toothless, the govt will want a result that will send a message to all sporting bodies, and the AFL will want their previous action of charging Essendon with bringing the game into disrepute to be validated (could Essendon take action against them in the courts if no infraction notices are forthcoming?).

I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure is on him to find cause for infraction notices to be issued, as I think that ASADA won't want to be put in a position where they could be considered toothless, the govt will want a result that will send a message to all sporting bodies, and the AFL will want their previous action of charging Essendon with bringing the game into disrepute to be validated (could Essendon take action against them in the courts if no infraction notices are forthcoming?).

Once the pollies get involved anything can happen hardtack.

I know someone reasonable close to the Federal political scene they suggest that what the Feds don't want is notices issued that are challengeable in court.

They don't want to have to allocate more money to ASADA, in fact they would like to cut back.

My understanding is that as far as possible they only want infraction notices issued that are as iron clad as possible.

I will be surprised if the notices go ahead.

But hell I have been told things in the past that turn out to have been kite flying.

• Like 1

Now I await the someone who will counter with...ahh but....the AFL already stripped them of points for 2013.

my counter-counter is that that was NOT for any antipdoping offence per se. Once WADA/SADA start pinging players then theres a NEW felony to punish.

Yes penalties were for governance breaches and bringing the game into disrepute (which would be hard to argue against). However they do set an interesting benchmark in terms of severity of penalties. One assumes club penalties for systematic doping would be considerably harsher.

• Like 2

i'd be surprised if there wasn't a few get-out clauses in that new contract

This is Essendon we are talking about dc

The clause if probably 1.5 pa if terminated early.

They've probably lost the paperwork anyway or didn't keep records.

• Like 2

if you can get vlads comments word for word,it sounds pretty much all over for the bombers.

unless ive misinterpreted.

if you can get vlads comments word for word,it sounds pretty much all over for the bombers.

unless ive misinterpreted.

Your guess is as good as anyone's jazza.

I fluctuate from day to day, I have to keep reminding myself "is this what you want to read or is it actually the reverse?"

Your guess is as good as anyone's jazza.

I fluctuate from day to day, I have to keep reminding myself "is this what you want to read or is it actually the reverse?"

i would like to throw mud at em for the next 20 years.

under current feelings of mine, is the sport has melted down a bit,much like cycling now.

but they are gon,adrianna will turnover the E.

got no doubts about that.

The reason for the AFL punishing Essendon was for the injecting program bringing the game into disrepute. Remember, not only did they have an injecting program but they apparently have no documents or knowledge of what was injected.

The Infraction Notices do not in any way alter that position.

• Like 2

The reason for the AFL punishing Essendon was for the injecting program bringing the game into disrepute. Remember, not only did they have an injecting program but they apparently have no documents or knowledge of what was injected.

I concur.

No thinking person believes that Essendon kept no records of the injection program. It is a palpable lie. They had records and destroyed them.

This is dishonest and shows no duty of care to players potential future health problems.

No company in Australia would get away with this level of deceit and corruption without serious charges.

Please take the time to read.the Notice of Charge 1.6

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

The redacted items would curl your hair or in JH's case put a little too much lead in his pencil.

Essendon must have more pain to come.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

I concur.

No thinking person believes that Essendon kept no records of the injection program. It is a palpable lie. They had records and destroyed them.

This is dishonest and shows no duty of care to players potential future health problems.

No company in Australia would get away with this level of deceit and corruption without serious charges.

Please take the time to read.the Notice of Charge 1.6

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

The redacted items would curl your hair or in JH's case put a little to much lead in his pencil.

Essendon must have more pain to come.

This one suspects there were no records.

It appears to me that the whole thing was haphazard with no one controlling it, everyone thought someone else was doing it.

It is my experience that most great conspiracy's were in actual fact just incompetent stuff ups.

You don't swim that close to the line (and over it) without it being part of a systematic effort to improve performance. Records would have been kept simply to guide the series of supplements to achieve their intended purpose...

Dirty business to have "lost" them.

Edited by PaulRB

This one suspects there were no records.

It appears to me that the whole thing was haphazard with no one controlling it, everyone thought someone else was doing it.

It is my experience that most great conspiracy's were in actual fact just incompetent stuff ups.

Surely you jest

Cannot find my source at the moment but 11,000 injections upto 40 players So the players were to get almost 300 injections each of various substances and nobody keep records! I am not saying this of you but only a simpleton would accept the no records were kept lie.

Here is a short list of the drugs allegedly given to the players from the 34 page Notice of Charges (page 24-25):

• actovegin
  • unspecified amino acids
  • unspecified multi-vitamins
  • AOD-9604 creams
  • AOD-9604 injections
  • cerebrolysin
  • colostrum
  • REDACTED (it’s blanked out in the charge list)
  • lactaway
  • lube-all-plus
  • melatonin
  • melanotan II
  • TA-65
  • thymosin beta 4
  • traumeel
  • tribulus

And what, nobody keep any records of who took what. Get real. It is a massive cover up by Essendon.

Check out the articles on. https://theconversation.com/topics/essendon

lube-all-plus !!!

This is a gift that keeps giving...

Lube All Plus™ Horse and Dog Supplement

Yes seriously that is what it is. https://www.equiade.com/Equiade-Lube-All-Plus-Horse-Dog-Supplement.htm

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

From memory, one of the sticking points with the AFL/Essendon punishment negotiations was that Essendon would, under no circumstances, agree to anything that stated they had given their players anything illegal.

Have they in fact opened themselves up to further punishment if more than 2 players receive sanctions? One can only hope!