The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I first saw Hartlett in the under 18's live at Casey and he was the dominant player. Some guys just reek of class. I've been interested in his progress ever since.

So many injuries, which has held him back. I was there at the G in round 1 when he and Ebert murdered us. What a kick. I entered him in my Dreamteam as soon as was practicable, as I didn't have him at the start due to durability. From then on I watched him closely. He's a very good player, but hasn't learnt how to deal with a tag and is still an outside player despite what has become a strong build.

He could tease forever or flick the switch. He's a massive talent, but is behind where I expected he'd be for varying reasons.

Yes, the power need to keep him, had a really good year. Why would anyone want to leave Port right now, lets be honest they are going places and have a great young midfield Wingard, Wines, Hartlett, Boak, Ebert.

It's just pathetic how Robinson (effectively just an outside observer) ridicules the decisions of Roos (one of the best coaches in the last 10 years and someone directly exposed to the workings of the trade racket and the AFL in general).

Where does Robbo ridicule Roos?

I agree with Robbo. Pick 2 should be off-limits unless there is a superstar available, which is extremely unlikely. And 3 years locked-in is too long for Vince.

Mark Robinson should really consider whether going off half cocked just over halfway into the trade period gives any value to his opinions.

Ofcourse the club will wait and draft if they don't get an adequate trade for pick 2.

• Like 1

I was pretty surprised at how our momentum has screamed to a halt. As far as I can see we are on the way to getting most of what Roos thinks he needs. I'm quietly confident that we'll have a capable list in round one.

Maybe Robbo should write an article about what Essendon are going to do with their round one pick.

Oh wait...

Every player we've approached or wanted (Rockliff, Shuey, Sloane all dreams, Viv, Myers, Vince, Shiel, etc) have all been players that make perfect sense to me. Under Neeld and bailey often our targets and trade options just made no sense even to casual observers.

• Like 2

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-momentum-has-halted-but-it-can-change-by-keeping-pick-no2-in-the-draft/story-fni5f91b-1226741887719

Robbo weighs in. Evaluating our performance during the trade period before it's even heated up. Quality work.

The best bit

Why trade Kelly, a Ryan Griffen-type with the Ryan Griffen hype, for Buntine and Bugg who are good players, but might not be very good players?

It’s as though they have $100 bill and want to exchange it for three $50 notes.

Don't know what level of maths Mark Robinson made it to but that sounds like a good deal to me.

• Like 14

I was pretty surprised at how our momentum has screamed to a halt. As far as I can see we are on the way to getting most of what Roos thinks he needs. I'm quietly confident that we'll have a capable list in round one.

Maybe Robbo should write an article about what Essendon are going to do with their round one pick.

Oh wait...

Agreed.

We are a soft target and will remain so until we win games of footy. And it's hard to complain. Roos has respect, but the MFC doesn't. Until wins start appearing in the ledger not much will change.

Robinson would know less about Michie than us right now, but he's probably fair on Vince. I'm far more excited by Vince, but I wear rose coloured glasses. Although not like some most who post here.

The media are like sheep. Footscray was friendless after we beat them at the G. Heat went on MacArtney. He'd gone under the radar but now had a turn. What a difference a few wins make. He and his club are now the flavour of the month.

We will be second guessed until we start winning. And if we start winning there will be an article that pieces together in chronicle order how we got things right. and the luminaries that made it happen. Predictable, pedestrian and plain for all to see.

It's just the way it is.

• Like 5

Lol. I usually don't mind Robbo, but that is the biggest pile of drivel I have heard in a while. The Dew comments may have merit but our trade period activity seems calculated and very well managed so far.

Edited by Forest Demon
  • Like 2

sorry thats not what I'm saying at all. he would benefit from a better culture.

------------------------------

the bearers of the poor culture, are those who grew from within it. infected by it. to change the culture its easier to ship out many.

crack it like an egg, then work with the ones who are more highly motivated to succeed & willing to open the mind & do the real hard work to change themselves personally. ones who can see their faults & willing to work on them. this is a stumbling block to many who will not acknowledge their flaws. some are too hard headed to change or even listen.

IMO we are in a good position IMO after Neeld broke it open.

Roos is the perfect IMO to take charge with the cracked culture to reform it & build it, guide it & take us all forward.

Ah, gotcha. Well, I agree we're in a good position to do it now, because of who we've got at the helm. But Neeld certainly broke something open. He calved the group in two and created a gulf between himself and the players. The definition of a poor environment and therefore a festering cesspool that was only going to get worse. He was as divisive as a progressivist at a meeting of Young Liberals. The only reason we are now able to nip this cultural issue in the bud is Paul Roos. I'm glad the likes of Moloney and Sylvia are gone, but it certainly could have been handled more sensitively, professionally and caused less division.

Anyway, I may have opened a can of worms there, but let's hope the culture is on the improve from here on out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-momentum-has-halted-but-it-can-change-by-keeping-pick-no2-in-the-draft/story-fni5f91b-1226741887719

Robbo weighs in. Evaluating our performance during the trade period before it's even heated up. Quality work.

Robinson is probably the most ignorant (yes I'm including Damien Barrett which is saying something) Afl journalist going around. He was constantly behind the Essendon story when Patrick Smith and Caroline Wilson were breaking stories on it almost everyday. When he did tackle it, his prejudice as a Dons fan shone through which made him look not only ignorant but dishonest.

His stories on the Demons singularly lack intelligence and insight. He is not up to his job.

• Like 2

Agreed.

We are a soft target and will remain so until we win games of footy. And it's hard to complain. Roos has respect, but the MFC doesn't. Until wins start appearing in the ledger not much will change.

Robinson would know less about Michie than us right now, but he's probably fair on Vince. I'm far more excited by Vince, but I wear rose coloured glasses. Although not like some most who post here.

The media are like sheep. Footscray was friendless after we beat them at the G. Heat went on MacArtney. He'd gone under the radar but now had a turn. What a difference a few wins make. He and his club are now the flavour of the month.

We will be second guessed until we start winning. And if we start winning there will be an article that pieces together in chronicle order how we got things right. and the luminaries that made it happen. Predictable, pedestrian and plain for all to see.

It's just the way it is.

It's true. We won 10 odd games in 2010 and all of a sudden we were supposedly the next powerhouse of the competition.

For the love if god, let's win a couple early and shut these idiots up.

Edited by Forest Demon

Agreed.

It's just the way it is.

If what you said right now didn't highlight how sad and pathetic 2013 sports journalism is in Australia right now, I'd laugh. The sad reality is various posters on here could, in fact, write for the herald sun in a manner not to dissimilar to mark Robinson. There is nothing about a journalist from the herald sun that shows any form of originality whatsoever!

I've got one, and let's see how it rolls.

Pick 2 to collingwood for pick 10 and dayne beams. Nathan Buckley has expressed his concern about beams and his ability to play team first, and with his contract sutuation, the club sees him as a likely candidate to claim melbournes much discussed pick 2. Collingwood would then try to package a deal and target gws and their pick 1, touting Tom Boyd as a long term replacement for Travis cloke.

I think I nailed it, robbo- I'm coming for you!

If what you said right now didn't highlight how sad and pathetic 2013 sports journalism is in Australia right now, I'd laugh. The sad reality is various posters on here could, in fact, write for the herald sun in a manner not to dissimilar to mark Robinson. There is nothing about a journalist from the herald sun that shows any form of originality whatsoever!

I've got one, and let's see how it rolls.

Pick 2 to collingwood for pick 10 and dayne beams. Nathan Buckley has expressed his concern about beams and his ability to play team first, and with his contract sutuation, the club sees him as a likely candidate to claim melbournes much discussed pick 2. Collingwood would then try to package a deal and target gws and their pick 1, touting Tom Boyd as a long term replacement for Travis cloke.

I think I nailed it, robbo- I'm coming for you!

Collingwood wouldn't accept pick 2 for Beams, let alone chuck in their first-rounder

Edited by Demonof94

Yeah it was posted above. But wasn't entirely edifying other than that st kilda were also keen on Michie and some other stuff about players that if I post may cause hassles.

Robbo is a bogan who struggles with English but hes 100% spot on about pick 2

Buntine and Bugg are not worthy of that tag.

Id be alot more excited about Kelly/Aish than Buntine Bugg.

Time for the club to stand up and not be walked on. Either get what you want for it or take it to the draft

• Like 2

The best bit

Don't know what level of maths Mark Robinson made it to but that sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, we rejected the deal. Robinson is a funny little [censored].

Also, we rejected the deal. Robinson is a funny little [censored].

You can see him in the MCC quite often. Although nowdays that is much more a booze house than an exclusive club in my opinion.

• Like 1