The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Let me spell it out for you.

We have a crap midfield.

We have replaced Sylvia with Vince effectively.

We are getting Cross who is 30 and has been delisted by another crap side

We have Tyson who looks great but has never done a pre-season and has played 13 games.

We have Michie who has played 1 game

And you think we have done enough in this trade period. Lets not push it and get "too greedy"

You aren't thinking too clearly are you?

i get your point, but you are under valuing our trade work.

I understand we need to not over hype things as we have been constantly let down by our beloved club over the years, but you can still give them a lil' credit with whats happened the past couple of months.

Nathan Jones was a teens pick and look at how far he's come as a player at the MFC. Sylvia is an absolute airhead who refuses to believe that reaching his potential is completely up to him.

Good riddance. Can't stress enough how happy I am with the Vince swap.

Moloney and Sylvia - 'bringing the MFC down since the early 2000's'

Get fcked.

I try to be a bit pragmatic about these things but if you want to understand the failure of the MFC over the last few years dissect those words.

This bloke was one of our senior players.

F(*k off and dont let the door hit you on the way out, meathead.

• Like 3

We have moved on a lot of slow unskilled footballers who were basically pure effluent.

Some pleasant suprises during the trade period have added some good youth and experience.

We just need to trim another 3 or 4 eg Nicho, Magner, Mckenzie and Jamar.

Edited by Wilbur

Was told we are making a play for another homesick giant. Pick 9 possibly being offered.

the Giants are gonna bleed talented kids for years

Locating a new team in Western Sydney was a disaster move from Vlad and co,

General view was that if gws are ok with pumping a few years into draftees and then trading them for more draft picks with unknown potential then we are fine with that.

Nah the real initials are BS with brown stuff dribbling down the chin... ;)

unlike some I've never claimed my rumours are definate. But I get them from a somewhat reputable source and I pass them on.

• Like 8

there are at least two gws players who have managers suggesting they are home sick according to my sauce ( the new rude boy rib sauce - a mixture of jerk chicken flavoirs mixed with honey)

I said after the Vince announcement that I didn't feel like we were done - just gut feelihg.

Can't help but thinking we might swap out one of our big names to get one more mid.

We need to reduce our list, and yes we will be cutting away more who we can't trade for obvious reasons. But players approaching RFA with only a year on the contract who won't sign up now??? Well, fair game if we can get value for mine.

Was told we are making a play for another homesick giant. Pick 9 possibly being offered.

Not sure about the logic to this. From all reports we wanted to stay in the top 10 in the draft and I don't think GWS would fancy getting pick 9 back unless they were able to on trade that instantly for a senior player. I'd say they believe they have enough kids.

Treloar is the only other kid I'd swap for #9 pick. Given they got pick #20 and #2 for Tyson, surely they wouldn't go at this. Then again, if someone's homesick and demanding to be traded, GWS may not have another option.

Hmmm care to "guess" who?

Not sure Collingwood are going to be that dominant tbh. They've lost both Thomas and Shaw (two of their best players), Swan has 2 years left in him before he hangs up the boots and goes partying, Beams, Sidebottom and Adams all are loose cannons off the field (allegedly). Granted Pendlebury's an out-and-out superstar but don't think there's going to be any Collingwood dynasty any time soon.

Lol I strongly disagree with this. Thomas and Shaw aren't two of there best players. Shaw is 28 and will start to slow down while Thomas has got really dodgy ankles that he failed a medical at Carlton but Mick Malthouse still wanted him at Carlton. They will be easily replaced.

Swan has been a loose cannon since he was drafted but hasn't stopped him being a superstar player for them. Beams is a loose cannon, but that wont hinder his performance. One of the hardest trainers at Collingwood and very much dedicated to his footy. Don't know where you got that Sidebottom is a loose cannon? I know for a fact he is far from it and a great leader for them. Sidey is up from my way and have met him and played against him and with him plenty of times through our junior career and he is not a loose cannon at all.

And taylor Adams hit a boke 5 mins after he was drafted at a pub for probably being a pest. Wow if we had gotten Adams we would have all been saying what a good pick up he is and no issue with that one off field incident.

They got a MASSIVE bargain with Grundy and Kennedy last year plus pick 6 and 10 this year. I hate Collingwood with a passion but they are blessed to have Derek Hine. They will be a serious force for the next 3-7 years which shits me big time.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

Lol I strongly disagree with this. Thomas and Shaw aren't two of there best players. Shaw is 28 and will start to slow down while Thomas has got really dodgy ankles that he failed a medical at Carlton but Mick Malthouse still wanted him at Carlton. They will be easily replaced.

Swan has been a loose cannon since he was drafted but hasn't stopped him being a superstar player for them. Beams is a loose cannon, but that wont hinder his performance. One of the hardest trainers at Collingwood and very much dedicated to his footy. Don't know where you got that Sidebottom is a loose cannon? I know for a fact he is far from it and a great leader for them. Sidey is up from my way and have met him and played against him and with him plenty of times through our junior career and he is not a loose cannon at all.

And taylor Adams hit a boke 5 mins after he was drafted at a pub for probably being a pest. Wow if we had gotten Adams we would have all been saying what a good pick up he is and no issue with that one off field incident.

They got a MASSIVE bargain with Grundy and Kennedy last year plus pick 6 and 10 this year. I hate Collingwood with a passion but they are blessed to have Derek Hine. They will be a serious force for the next 3-7 years which shits me big time.

They need to add new spine players from here out. Agree they are well stacked with ball winners for the medium term.

Pies could struggle a little with their bookends.

Fine by me :)