Harry O

Fishing...

Was watching it thinking why are you saying the murder stuff, did he take it to Police at the time, if not the Police will be all over you for it.... Yup appears so as per todays Age.

The mind boggles why Harry O thought it was a good idea to air so much dirty laundry to a waiting media scrum....

I believe the guy is messed up, but he also enjoys the spotlight

Liam Jurrah would have a similar stories to tell, if not 100 times more disturbing than Harry O.....yet he would never have used it as ammo to try and get some sympathy from the media

• Like 1

Get off Harrys back. I am a sufferer of PTSD. For 40 years I suffered and didn't know what it was.

It was only by accident that I sought help. The way out is what he is doing. Don't bury it in the back of your mind, get it out and discuss it, talk it through with family and friends.

It can hurt, but not as much as the Demons that can grab you at inappropriate times.

• Like 6

Get off Harrys back. I am a sufferer of PTSD. For 40 years I suffered and didn't know what it was.

It was only by accident that I sought help. The way out is what he is doing. Don't bury it in the back of your mind, get it out and discuss it, talk it through with family and friends.

It can hurt, but not as much as the Demons that can grab you at inappropriate times.

think its time to close this, to many people are having a free shot a somebody who needs help

I think were better than that,the posts we are seeing tell us we need to be careful with our sarcasm

Edited by jazza
  • Like 3

think its time to close this, to many people are having a free shot a somebody who needs help

I think were better than that,the posts we are seeing tell us we need to be careful with our sarsasm

The problem is that I don't think some of these posters are being sarcastic... they really believe what they are saying about Harry needing to harden up, or that Harry is an attention seeking media w hore (that word is worthy of censorship???)... it's a sad reflection on where society is going.

Edited by hardtack

The problem is that I don't think some of these posters are being sarcastic... they really believe what they are saying about Harry needing to harden up, or that Harry is an attention seeking media w hore (that word is worthy of censorship???)... it's a sad reflection on where society is going.

yes they are

why he seeks media attention and what hes said are the REASONS to give him some space

• Like 1

Why do people criticise a guy as just seeking "media attention" for making comments which would be difficult for anyone to admit, let alone to do so in such a public way. Too many people are prepared to become judge and jury, and pass a guilty verdict before any evidence has been submitted.

I've heard Harry talk at a multicultural diversity thing at work, and the guy comes across as extremely genuine and passionate about seeing equality for all. He wears his heart on his sleeve with that stuff and that, to me, is a sign of strength not weakness. It's safer to bottle everything up than it is to be open and honest about this stuff.

He's been unfairly judged by many, and though he may not "fit" the desired make-up of what people see as the ideal footballer, I reckon he would be an asset for any club both on and off the field.

• Like 3

Guess we weren't there to get the tone of the confrontation. Tony Jones made the comment on radio today that Harry taunted Tom Hawkins that he was a Fat Fa.... so there s some hypocrisy there.

Singling someone out is bullying but maybe this is overkill.

Every thing Harry does is overkill, the guys a dead set jerk, i bet the pies cant wait to see the back of the attention seeker.

Every thing Harry does is overkill, the guys a dead set jerk, i bet the pies cant wait to see the back of the attention seeker.

I think this comment says more about you than it does about Harry O'Brien.

• Like 10

Excellent post, Chippy.

For the life of me, I can't understand all this talk of him being a [censored] just because he's discussed his own psychological well-being. I've always admired his stance on social issues, and I also reckon he's an excellent role model. If more Aussie blokes talked about their personal issues, we might have less suicides. Not do I get those of you mocking him for being "attention seeking". He's an AFL footballer - they get press hounding them 24/7.

• Like 2

Every thread you post on is overkill. And we are bit like the pies.waiting to see the back of you.

• Like 1

Quick confession - yeah, I've had a laugh at and been annoyed by Harry O'Brien's media noise in the past. But it has actually settled down a bit in the last couple of years.

Now the media presence has burst open with personal issues, and I'm not at all convinced it is so much 'attention seeking' as 'attention managing'.

Like they say, you go in hard you're less likely to get hurt. Imagine having the Herald Sun scraping through your personal life bit by bit? Urrrgghhh.

• Like 1

no chance of getting him in the first place.

secondly sounds like he comes with some serious baggage.

steer clear, the last thing we want on our plate is another Aussie Wona or Liam Jurrah

• Like 2

Every thread you post on is overkill. And we are bit like the pies.waiting to see the back of you.

When Buckley was interview the other night he was asked how long had he known that Harry had problems for, his reply, SINCE the first day I met him, only a small minded pea brain wouldn't be able to understand that comment, oh I forgot who I was replying to.

So you're saying that if someone has emotional or possibly psychological problems that makes them a [censored] does it? I'm guessing you're one who likes to judge people before actually getting to know them to. Such an immature approach to take.

When Buckley was interview the other night he was asked how long had he known that Harry had problems for, his reply, SINCE the first day I met him, only a small minded pea brain wouldn't be able to understand that comment, oh I forgot who I was replying to.

Buckley also said

''I get the impression everyone thinks he is a basketcase. He has been through some things that I couldn't imagine what that feels like. He has carried these things for a long time and he feels by sharing them it shares the load a little bit - that's what a footy club is for.''

From that I take it that he considers those who do take HO as a "basket case" are the small minded pea brains; so, once again I get to use my late mother's favourite axiom that "we tend to see our own faults in others", and apply it to you mjt.

Im still trying to understand why we really care or are bothered about a Collingwood player :unsure:

• Like 1

Im still trying to understand why we really care or are bothered about a Collingwood player :unsure:

all jokes aside, he is a human first and it just shows how many good people actually are on this site and care for other people FIRST and who they play for second
  • Like 1

all jokes aside, he is a human first and it just shows how many good people actually are on this site and care for other people FIRST and who they play for second

good for them...youre quite invited to talk health issues in the GENERAL area.

I foolishly thought this forum was the preserve of thing footy..and most importantly MELBOURNE. Burn me as an insensitive , I couldnt care less.

I foolishly thought this forum was the preserve of thing footy..and most importantly MELBOURNE. Burn me as an insensitive , I couldnt care less.

wasn't burning you nancy

was just explaining why people felt for him

you asked the question , not me

In all fairness, this topic was at one point discussing the merits of getting HO to the Dees if there had in fact been an irreconcilable difference between HO and the CFC.

• Like 1

and theres a TRADE forum for that also...just saying

and theres a TRADE forum for that also...just saying

and there's also the option to simply not open the topic if the subject does not appeal ;-)