Changes Next Week v Western Bulldogs

Seemed to me he did some good things, but an equal number of poor ones. He certainly showed some 'passion' though. Not sure I am convinced he is a natural footballer.

Coming out and saying he wants to stay at MFC is a pretty big statement tho'.

Absolutely. Could have said I will leave it to my Manager. Meaning absolutely nothing. It shows intent - better than Buddy's silence.

Watts at the moment is a leading forward not a forward who can smash open packs like Clark or maybe a fit Dawes? but he did OK today. What would you expect from a leading forward at MFC today? You just get burnt time and time again. The kicking to a target is Shyte! The kicking to your advantage as the top sides do to make Buddy and co look so good is non existent. In the end Jack got 2, missed a couple but set up a couple so booke even. And there was no help really from Dawes who must have been injured when you compare his lack of run today compared to last time he played.

You look at Watts' game from a purely impact/numbers POV and he played well for a CHF. What made people frustrated was that dirty word potential. He could have ripped that game apart, taken 10 marks and kicked 4 or 5 goals. Instead he kicked 2 and dropped a few sitters. All things considered, 2.2 and 6 marks with a couple of tackles and some goal assists isn't anything to sneeze at.

Will wait till after the Casey game before making a decision. But it'll be along the lines of:

IN: Frawley, Gawn, Jamar, ? (One of McKenzie, Magner, Tynan, MacDonald, Tapscott, Jetta, Taggert or Bail)

OUT: Fitzpatrick, Pedersen, Dawes (inj), Spencer (susp)

From what I head on the radio, they were suprised Dawes even played today, so he may be looking at a week out after the early sub, but fingers crossed.

If Shannon Brynes is out i would be pretty happy.

Pedo got killed by Kosi.

Spencer will be suspended

Fitspatrick was shocking

In:

Frawley

Jamar

Magner

Jetta

WHEN IS VINEY AND GRIMES COMING BACK!!!! ITS KILLING ME

no, No, NO, NOOOoo.

We should never give players a game just so we can have a look at them. The need to deserve it, to earn it. We need to take a leaf out of the Swans manual where there young players are made earn it in the reserves before they are even considered, then they are made wait until an opportunity presents, then they have to continue to earn it, and when they finally come in they come in, it is with a mature body and a more importanty a mature mindset.

Exactly right. People on here have very short memories. Bailey gifted games to people who weren't ready and didn't earn it and look where that left us. We are slowly coming back to being a 'proper' footy club where when you come in you play in the reserves until you've had good performances and shown you are willing to put your head over the ball. God it would be amazing to just be a proper footy club

Watts game was a definite positive, in particular a noticeable change in the absence of Neeld is interesting. Craig seems to realize that he is a lead up forward.

He laid a few bumps and tried to throw his body around a bit as well but that dive was atrocious! Wouldn't be surprised if he got cited by the MRP for that.

Why drop Rodan? He gives us a bit of grunt and adds the vital experience component we require. He is always hard at it and gives his all.

Rodan was on Stevens in the 1st qtr. Stevens had 5 clearances and 10 possies. Matt jones went onto him and curbed in influence. I just reckon Magner would be better.

Apparently Dawes was sick the night before. I hope he plays because I reckon we could stretch there backline. Frawley in for Pederson.

I challenge anyone to watch the first 10 minutes and make a case for Cameron Pedersen. Shirked at least 2 or 3 contests. I would prefer a young goer like Davis in any day over this joke of a footballer.

Edited by Forest Demon

He laid a few bumps and tried to throw his body around a bit as well but that dive was atrocious! Wouldn't be surprised if he got cited by the MRP for that.

The dive was bad.

Riewoldt complaining for that free kick for holding, which he got, even though he was holding McDonald and poor Tom wasn't doing anything, was equally a disgrace.

no, No, NO, NOOOoo.

We should never give players a game just so we can have a look at them. The need to deserve it, to earn it. We need to take a leaf out of the Swans manual where there young players are made earn it in the reserves before they are even considered, then they are made wait until an opportunity presents, then they have to continue to earn it, and when they finally come in they come in, it is with a mature body and a more importanty a mature mindset.

No, this is a bit of a myth a little like the one North have about the shinboner spirit. Last week the Swans played Jack's brother just to give him a taste...according to reports he was going ok in the resies but not setting it alight.

We need to turn players over to see who can play at the level, Davis has been consistent at VFL for a couple of years now and been kept on the list. I understand his kicking lacks but we need to see if he can step up.

Taggert has had some good games at Casey but lacks consistency, would be helped if they played him as a mid. He has one thing we need and that is a good kick. Let's see if he can play.

If Shannon Brynes is out i would be pretty happy.

Pedo got killed by Kosi.

Spencer will be suspended

Fitspatrick was shocking

In:

Frawley

Jamar

Magner

Jetta

WHEN IS VINEY AND GRIMES COMING BACK!!!! ITS KILLING ME

Kosi had 7 pos and 2 marks.......Hardly think he killed them with those stats......Or are you just jumping on the band wagon...

Kosi had 7 pos and 2 marks.......Hardly think he killed them with those stats......Or are you just jumping on the band wagon...

I don't think it was what Kosi did but Pedo's lack of attack on the contest and his indecision with the ball doesn't show me why the club were falling over themselves to get him to the club.

I don't think it was what Kosi did but Pedo's lack of attack on the contest and his indecision with the ball doesn't show me why the club were falling over themselves to get him to the club.

I agree to a certain extent.......Was replying to the statement that "Kosi killed Pedo".........Which I thought was crap...

Pedos stats..........17 pos,....7 marks......6 pressure acts.....1 tackle.......

The dive was bad.

Riewoldt complaining for that free kick for holding, which he got, even though he was holding McDonald and poor Tom wasn't doing anything, was equally a disgrace.

Absolutely. Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that if Watts was Riewoldt he would have had a ton of frees... too true.

Riewoldt was appealing like it was a game of cricket, ridiculous.

• Like 1

AFL are a joke if Spencer gets suspended, he was going to tackle, that spud McEvoy fumbled it and stuck his head down, Spencer pulled up as best he could, contact was inevitable and caused by McEvoy fumbling.

Free kick, nothing more.

spot on rod grinter, that's the way I saw it and why I don't think he will be suspended

I agree to a certain extent.......Was replying to the statement that "Kosi killed Pedo".........Which I thought was crap...

Pedos stats..........17 pos,....7 marks......6 pressure acts.....1 tackle.......

You have to remember some posters miss bits, going backwards and forwards to the bar for next beer,, just jumping on the bandwagon, Pedo is like the rest of the team at the moment, a mixture of good and bad, but Kosi did not kill him

You have to remember some posters miss bits, going backwards and forwards to the bar for next beer,, just jumping on the bandwagon, Pedo is like the rest of the team at the moment, a mixture of good and bad, but Kosi did not kill him

Kosi did not kill him Pedo killed himself. Cost us 4 goals with errors. Frawley to return and T-Mac and Garlo being mainstays mean Pedo goes.

• Like 2

If there is only one more game you get to this year, or if family/friends are in that boat, it simply has to be next Saturday night.

Make no mistake, our boys were up for the fight yesterday and took it right up to a more competent (if not great) side. The Dogs aren't much chop and if we can tackle/pressure and use the footy a little better we're in for a massive shot.

We simply have to get a good home crowd in to show our boys that the club is moving forward to a new era.

You can hate the board/previous board/previous coach whatever - but we need to make sure we're there for our players.

Get your mates around this game - the Dees are in with a chance! A decent home crowd following could be massive.

Dees by 17

• Like 2

Why drop Rodan? He gives us a bit of grunt and adds the vital experience component we require. He is always hard at it and gives his all.

Rodan played on jack Steven in the first quarter I believe. nearly won them the game in the first 10 mins!